Request of info -- if possible!

  • utopia_planetia_2000
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31, 2002
      Where or in what book can I find information on the characteristics,
      traits, psychological dispositions on the people from the different
      mercury, venus, mars, jupiter and saturn origins?

      Thank you!

      Marc
    • fireofthe12
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 31, 2002
        Dear Mark,
        > Where or in what book can I find information on the
        characteristics,
        > traits, psychological dispositions on the people from the different
        > mercury, venus, mars, jupiter and saturn origins?

        Man on the Threshold, by Bernard Lievegoed is back in print. It
        contains the above and much more.

        Greetings,
        Bruce
      • utopia_planetia_2000
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2002
          Thank you very much, Bruce. I found it on
          http://www.waldorfbooks.com/anthro/human.htm

          Before ordering it from the US could you tell me just a little about
          it -- is there a whole chapter on that subject? I actually have never
          read non-Steiner anthroposophical books (none are translated and
          available where I live. His research is based on Steiner books I
          perhaps already have?

          Thanks again,

          Marc

        • DRStarman2001@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 1, 2002
            utopia_planetia@... writes:
            > Where or in what book can I find information on the characteristics, traits, psychological dispositions on the people from the different mercury, venus, mars, jupiter and saturn origins?
            > Thank you!
            > Marc

            *******In Ch. 4 of An Outline of Occult Science, in the section on the Earth's evolution, when describing what happened before the Earth and Moon separated, Steiner traces the origin of "Mars", "Jupiter" and "Saturn men". Then, later, in describing old Atlantis, he calls that time the origin of the Sun, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn 'races'.

            These 4 are also the planets which were traditionally the 4 forces which stood at the "Four Corners of the Earth" in the "Horoscope of the World" or Creation (from which comes the 'Exaltations of the Planets': Sun in Aries, Saturn in Libra, Mars in Capricorn and Jupiter in Cancer). With one change they're also the rulers of the 4 'Varnas' in Vedic teaching, which later became the 'castes': the Sudra (Saturn), Kshatriya (Mars), Vipara or Brahmin (Solar) and the Vayesha type, which is considered lunar rather than Jupiterian.

            Venus and Mercury came into existence later, and even later the still-forming planet 'Vulcan'--- so their origin is different, and is described later in the section on Atlantis. The fundamental characteristics that make men different are described there and, I imagine, really should be what you'd want to make your starting-point.

            -starman
          • fireofthe12
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 4, 2002
              Hi Marc,
              >is there a whole chapter on that subject?

              Yes there is a chapter on that subject. I may have misread your
              question, it looks like you are talking about the humans of ancient
              times and the marked traits they picked up whilst on other planets.

              Anyway, the character dispostions are in Lievegoed's book.

              >I actually have never
              > read non-Steiner anthroposophical books (none are translated and
              > available where I live.

              This book was originally in Dutch.

              >His research is based on Steiner books I
              > perhaps already have?

              I don't know, there are not point by point citations.

              Lievegoed was the founder of the Nederlandse Pedagogiese Instituut.
              He was also a psychiatrist and director of a curative home.

              There is more on the planets here:
              http://rimu.orcon.net.nz/garuda/books/4_

              Good Luck,
              Bruce