Re: figs and curses

  • elaineupton2001
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 30, 2002
      Hello all of this thread, and Thanks, dear JoAnn,

      I have looked now at the site with Bock's chapter on Monday of Holy
      Week and, yes, indeed, there is a fine discussion of the significance
      of Monday of Holy Week and the cursing of the fig tree(s) at
      Bethphage, a little community between the Mount of Olives and Bethany
      (home of Lazarus, Mary, Martha). Bock connects all this "fig tree
      community" and "fig tree initiation" to Palm Sunday and the ass (the
      ass came from Bethphage, and like the fig tree initiation, then, is
      part of a somnambulistic state of consciousness, a consciousness
      becoming atavistic at the approach of the Mysterry of Golgotha).
      Bock, in his wonderful poetic way goes on to elaborate on all this,
      and to speak of the Moon-Day in Holy Week in relationship to all this
      at Bethphage.

      Again, JoAnn, thanks for the web site.

      Blessings,
      elaine

      --- In anthroposophy@y..., Jo Ann Schwartz <sr_joanna@y...> wrote:
      > Hi Elaine,
      >
      > Bock does indeed discuss the significance of the fig tree in
      connection
      > with Monday of Holy Week. You can read the applicable part of
      Bock's book