cindi

  • elaine upton
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 9, 2000
      Dear cindi,
      thanks for replying, for letting me and us know you are here.

      Where are you --in America or in that infamous Europe? (smile) Or elsewhere,
      like "down under" somewhere in relation to those on top?
      (smile)

      And, what mesmerized you about Waldorf and your initial experiences with
      anthroposophy? Surely not we opinionated characters on this list.

      Smile, Loving,
      elaine

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 9, 2000
        Hi elaine,

        I am a California native and first learned of Waldorf when I was a student in
        santa cruz, Ca and literally used to pass the school but that was years ago.
        Now I live in southern California and become dismayed with the strong
        academic presence in my daughter's kindergarten and noe first grade class.
        More to the point how happy teachers, parents and the community that I live
        in are that our public school has attained such high academic acheivements.

        So I sought out the local Waldorf school ( which is 45 minutes away) to see
        what head, heart and hands was all about. It was such a calm atmosphere in a
        frenetic world. So now I am looking into what anthroposophy is and learning
        more from your discussions than the literature (parent handbook) I have
        picked up.
        I appreciate your thoughtful discourse. peace, cindi
      • elaine upton
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 10, 2000
          Hello Cindi,
          Thanks for your reply. Santa Cruz is lovely altogether, at least when I was
          there i found it so!--En-joy!
          Blessings,
          elaine