Soul Calendar

  • Starmann77@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 7, 2000
      THE "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"

      Here is the Soul-Calendar verse for this week in German and in English,
      with the Moon's position in the stars for each night and some of the birth &
      death days of famous persons (saints, etc.) which Steiner published with the
      first Seelencalendar in 1912 (I�m translating them to restore the Calendar to
      its intended use with its spiritual-historical, solar and lunar connections).

      In addition to a mantram for each week of the year, in the original were
      12 drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on, to sense the spiritual working
      of the solar forces in the cosmos in the daytime monthly. The Moon's position
      in the constellations each night was to sense the lunar forces each evening.
      The Sun, according to the Doctor, enters the influence of Aquarius on Feb.
      8th. (Unfortunately we cannot send the images of the constellations through
      this medium as yet.) The Moon positions are listed daily.

      *******45th Week after Easter.
      Es festigt sich Gedankenmacht
      Im Bunde mit der Geistgeburt,
      Sie hellt der Sinne dumpfe Reize
      Zur vollen Klarheit auf.
      Wenn Seelenf�lle
      Sich mit dem Weltenwerden einen will,
      Muss Sinnesoffenbarung
      Des Denkens Licht empfangen.

      Fast is Thinking�s Might
      In Union with the Spirit-Birth,
      It brightens the senses� dim risings
      To full Clarity.
      When Soul-fulfillment
      With World-Becoming would become one,
      Must Senses� revelation
      Thinking�s Light receive.

      SUN. 2/6 Moon Pisces. 1807 Abolition of Slavery in England.

      MON. 2/7 Moon Pisces. 1446 Columbus born.
      TUES. 2/8 Moon Pisces. Solomon, King of Israel. Leyden University

      founded 1575. David Friedrich Strauss died 1874.

      WED. 2/9 Moon Aries. Apollonia, Christian martyr in Alexandria in the 3rd
      century.
      THURS. 2/10 Moon Aries. Theophany of Paul on the Way to Damascus. 1847
      Edison born. 1755 Montesquieu died.
      FRI. 2/11 Moon Taurus. 1650 Descartes died.
      SAT. 2/12 Moon Taurus. Half Moon. 1804 Kant died. 1809 Darwin born.

      For those not familiar with the use of mantrams:

      Anthroposophy is a Western path of knowledge which begins with reading of
      books and use of the ordinary logical mind; then, an intensification process
      can be begun by the use of visual images Steiner gave out called
      "Imaginations" and reciting mantras or combinations of words which leads a
      step higher to "Inspirations." The 12 signs of the Zodiac, for instance, are
      Imaginations.

      The meaning of the words of a mantra as read at first sight is not the
      essential thing, but rather the repetitive recitation of them and entering
      with deeper soul-forces into the inner experience of what is described.

      Also, the mantrams were created in the German language and have their
      rhythm from this, so that learning an English version is just a step to
      learning to use the real mantram in the original, which is much preferred.
      (Chanting "the jewel in the lotus" is very different from "Om mani padme
      hum.") Steiner spoke often of the specialness of the German tongue, and how
      it had preserved words lost by other Indo-Aryan languages, and said that it
      could become what Sanscrit was in old Vedic times: the language in which
      spirit-truths are expressed. In translating, I have tried to keep close to
      the original so that one can most easily step from the English to the German.

      Dr.
      Starman

      Thanx to Bruce for the umlauts.*******
    • eurythmy
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 31, 2001
        any idea where to find the Spanish or Mexican translation of the Calendar of
        the soul with pictures?
        I think it was published last year
        Franky
      • starmann77@aol.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 13, 2001
          eurythmy@... writes:
          << any idea where to find the Spanish or Mexican translation of the Calendar
          of
          the soul with pictures?
          I think it was published last year
          Franky >>

          I wonder what pictures? The original ones done by von Eckherdstein or new
          ones?
        • Wayne FISCHER
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 13, 2001
            Yes, I was wondering that too. I've included the one's done by Frau von Eckherdstein in my work. My bibliography also lists all the English translations of the Calendar of the Soul that I could find at the time, but I've found that there are a couple more out there. I am not aware of any spanish translations of the Calendar of the Soul, but then I haven't been looking.

            Wayne Fischer

            >>> starmann77@... 04/13/01 03:51PM >>>
            eurythmy@... writes:
            << any idea where to find the Spanish or Mexican translation of the Calendar
            of
            the soul with pictures?
            I think it was published last year
            Franky >>

            I wonder what pictures? The original ones done by von Eckherdstein or new
            ones?

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor<a href="http://rd.yahoo.com/M=180521.1330684.2943114.2/D=egroupmail/S=1700077360:N/A=610484/*http://www.net2phone.com/cgi-bin/adforward.cgi?p_key=WC6916EF
            Paid Net2phone Advertisement - Click Here!

          • eurythmy
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 13, 2001
              new pictures one for each week

              > Yes, I was wondering that too. I've included the one's done by Frau von
              Eckherdstein in my work. My bibliography also lists all the English
              translations of the Calendar of the Soul that I could find at the time, but
              I've found that there are a couple more out there. I am not aware of any
              spanish translations of the Calendar of the Soul, but then I haven't been
              looking.

              > Wayne Fischer

              > eurythmy@... writes:
              > << any idea where to find the Spanish or Mexican translation of the
              Calendar
              > of
              > the soul with pictures?
              > I think it was published last year
              > Franky >>
              >
              > I wonder what pictures? The original ones done by von Eckherdstein or new
              > ones?
              >
              > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor<a
              href="http://rd.yahoo.com/M=180521.1330684.2943114.2/D=egroupmail/S=17000773
              60:N/A=610484/*http://www.net2phone.com/cgi-bin/adforward.cgi?p_key=WC6916EF
              > Paid Net2phone Advertisement - Click Here!
              > http://www.egroups.com/group/anthroposophy
              > Unsubscribe:

              > http://www.egroups.com/group/anthroposophy
              > Unsubscribe:

            • Wayne FISCHER
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 16, 2001
                Fantastic! Anyway that we would be able to view the new images?

                Wayne Fischer

                >>> eurythmy@... 04/13/01 05:56PM >>>
                new pictures one for each week

                > Yes, I was wondering that too. I've included the one's done by Frau von
                Eckherdstein in my work. My bibliography also lists all the English
                translations of the Calendar of the Soul that I could find at the time, but
                I've found that there are a couple more out there. I am not aware of any
                spanish translations of the Calendar of the Soul, but then I haven't been
                looking.

                > Wayne Fischer

                > eurythmy@... writes:
                ><< any idea where to find the Spanish or Mexican translation of the
                Calendar
                > of
                > the soul with pictures?
                > I think it was published last year
                > Franky >>
                >
                > I wonder what pictures? The original ones done by von Eckherdstein or new
                > ones?
                >
                > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor<
                href=http://rd.yahoo.com/M=180521.1330684.2943114.2/D=egroupmail/S=17000773
                60:N/A=610484/*http://www.net2phone.com/cgi-bin/adforward.cgi?p_key=WC6916EF
                > Paid Net2phone Advertisement - Click Here!
                >http://www.egroups.com/group/anthroposophy
                > Unsubscribe:

                >http://www.egroups.com/group/anthroposophy
                > Unsubscribe:

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              • eurythmy
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 16, 2001
                  I do not know who published this spanish translation with pictures for each
                  week.
                  Can any one help?
                  Franky

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                • starmann77@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 16, 2001
                    eurythmy@... writes:
                    << How to breathe in each verse of Calendar of the Soul ?

                    The Stage lights gives one way.

                    In week 01

                    At first Red above Foot lights red and 1/3 white

                    Wenn aus den Weltenweiten

                    Die Sonne spricht zum Menschensinn

                    Und Freude aus den Seelenteifen,

                    Dem Licht sich eint im Schauen,

                    Now red above and full white from the foot lights

                    Dann ziehen aus der Selbstheit Hülle

                    Gedanken in die Raumesfernen

                    Und binden dumpf

                    Des Menschen Wesen und des Geistes Sein >>

                    *******The red above is the Sun. The whitening below is the Sun taken in to
                    we human beings.

                    A translation:
                    When out of the World-Widenesses
                    The Sun speaks to Man's Senses
                    And Joy out of the soul's depths
                    The Light becomes one with in Vision,
                    Then is drawn out of Self-hood's sheath
                    Thinking into Space-distances
                    And binds dimly
                    Man's Essence and the Spirit's Being.

                    I recommend one start memorizing the lines of either the German (if you
                    choose) or the English, and get as quickly as possible to the point where you
                    can recite it at will. Take it one line at a time, then two lines, etc.
                    You'll find that it has 4 groups of 2 lines each, with a mood to each. Think
                    the thoughts and try to picture what they describe with feeling.
                    The Risen Christ is the resurrected Sun that now speaks to you;
                    Joy rises from deep within at Him (rather as the Egyptians felt on seeing
                    Aton or the sun-disc rise, or the ancient Indian doing the Sun Salutation);
                    Then feel your thoughts drawn into the wide universe;
                    and meditate on what it means to say that in a hidden way this effects a
                    joining of your deepest inner essence to the World's Being.

                    I'll post some things all week. Work at memorizing the verse---treat it
                    as if you are going to be in a play and must know your lines. Once you have
                    it memorized, things will be possible that are not until then.

                    Starman
                  • Wayne FISCHER
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 17, 2001
                      Dear Dr. Starmann,

                      Why do the thoughts soaring out into the heavens "dimly bind" the inner essence of the human being to the spirit's life rather than "brightly bind"?

                      Does this refer to a tenious and fragile awareness of the link between self and the divine within the spiritual landscape?

                      Thanks,

                      Wayne

                      >>> starmann77@... 04/16/01 05:17PM >>>
                      eurythmy@... writes:
[...]

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor<a href="http://rd.yahoo.com/M=179523.1400079.2985094.2/D=egroupmail/S=1700077360:N/A=605558/*http://194.109.218.190/proj/tim2/intro.asp?m=hcb&s=tm1222

                    • eurythmy
                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 17, 2001
                        Dear Starman,
                        Thanks for your remark about stage lighting.

                        Is anyone interested on description of the Eurythmy forms? I do not know how
                        to pass on a coulour version of them without using a Mbite, so here it
                        comes, for the silent part, before and after the text, prologue and
                        epilogue.

                        Choreography: week 01
                        The stage is like a human being. It has the polarity back and front of
                        stage. More thinking like a head in the back, more actions in the front like
                        the limbs, in between a median sphere. Many theatres accentuate this by a
                        racked floor. On the left of the audience is stage right [SR] on the other
                        side stage left [SL].

                        Prologue:

                        Starting place: The four are at the back of the stage, group by the axis.
                        Blue [SL] Green [SC] and Red [SR] are in a line going slightly forward from
                        red to blue. The Lila is behind the green; it is the furthest back.

                        Basic movement: Blue and Red start by a meander widening of the form in two
                        symmetrical semi circle; so they join in middle-front stage. Meanwhile Green
                        and Lila go forward in a pendulum movement following semi circles directed
                        towards the back, they end slightly behind Blue and Red. Lila behind Red
                        that is foremost and Green crosses over to the right.

                        Detail Movement: Blue widens at first in going back {with Green}, then with
                        Red it goes inwards in a first meander in the direction of the finishing
                        place. Immediately they both go a little way back and outwards before the
                        second half of this first part. At the same time, Lila and Green start. Lila
                        goes straight towards the finishing place, while Green accompanies Blue
                        towards the back, crosses over to the right and stats its first pendulum
                        (3/4 of a circle) towards the Red {which will start its first Meander
                        towards the finishing place}. As the Green crosses towards the Red, Lila
                        goes back towards the blue and starts its pendulum forward, (quite a small
                        circle compared to the larger Green), and crosses over towards Green. They
                        now together swing to the left then to the right towards their finishing
                        places. Green is always in a wider movement, Lila always nearer the centre
                        of the stage.

                        Remark: The choreography indicates the breathing of the texts expending and
                        contracting:: world's wide realmsThe sun / joy / light / far spread spaces /
                        Spirit Life || the human mind / depths of soul / selfhood's sheath / dimly
                        bind / human's being.

                        Epilogue:as the prologue.
                      • starmann77@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 17, 2001
                          In a message dated 4/17/01 1:00:06 PM, wfische@... writes:

                          << Dear Dr. Starmann,

                          Why do the thoughts soaring out into the heavens "dimly bind" the inner
                          essence of the human being to the spirit's life rather than "brightly bind"?

                          Does this refer to a tenious and fragile awareness of the link between self
                          and the divine within the spiritual landscape?

                          Thanks,

                          Wayne >>

                          I think that is a good way to put it. It's a link that will grow stronger
                          through the year; right now, it's barely noticeable, yes.
                        • Elisa
                          Message 12 of 12 , Nov 26, 2004
                            Dears,

                            I'm elisa from Italy and I'm working about Calendar from two years:
                            traslation and specific phonetik for each week.
                            Now, my work is finish and I like to edit in free download.
                            But I have't the original german text in word or similar..some of
                            you have it and can help me? ...

                            Tank in advance..

                            Ahh..an example of phonetik..about this week..

                            24/30 november - n.34

                            Geheimnisvoll das Alt-Bewahrte
                            Mit neuerstandnem Eigensein
                            Im Innern sich belebend fuhlen:
                            Es soll erweckend Weltenkrafte
                            in meins Lebens Aussenwerk ergiessen
                            Und werdend mich ins Dasein pragen

                            Phonetik: GINBRAZ

                            Italiano:

                            Nel mio esserci reale ora
                            sento che dentro di me,
                            ciò che è stato volutamente nascosto per essere a lungo sperimentato,
                            è calda vita:
                            questo debito riporterà in vita la forza del mondo
                            effondendola con la mia esistenza nel mio operare esterno,
                            affinchè possa lasciare la mia impronta nel divenire del mondo.

                            Have a good day empty of colors,

                            elisa