reasons for hope?

  • Robert Mason
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 2, 2002
      Aug. 2, 2002

      To all:

      A question to sleep on, over a Friday
      night/Saturday morning:

      Sometimes one (e.g. RM) gets the feeling that the
      world is going down the commode and that there's no
      hope left. As an antidote to despair, I set myself
      the task of thinking up 3 good reasons for hope.

      One might say that there is always reason for hope,
      since the good spiritual Powers are ultimately in
      control, & all things work together for good in the
      long run, &c. But the Adversarial powers are
      trying to divert Earth Evolution out of the
      seven-manvantara series into some kind of cosmic
      anti-world; if they succeed, the good will have to
      work things out in the very, very long run indeed.

      I am looking for more immediate relief here in
      earthly events, some signs that total
      social/economic/political/economic catastrophe can
      be averted. Some might say that a total
      catastrophe would be a good thing, a needed
      cleansing and purification. But have the enormous
      catastrophes of the just-finished century cleansed
      and purified much of anything? We surely need some
      big changes, but I'm not at all sure that a
      world-catastrophe wouldn't make things even worse
      for the survivors, and for the non-survivors when
      they (we?) come back. Anyway, I'd rather make the
      needed changes the easy way and not the hard way.

      So, here are my 3 attempts at hope. Does anyone
      agree? Disagree? Anyone have some better ones?

      1. It may be just my subjective, wishful
      impression, but I get the feeling that maybe more
      and more people, a significant number of the
      general population (in the USA, at least), are
      waking up to the reality of the evil intentions and
      power of occult political groups: the Secret
      Government. Probably the advent of the Internet
      and the growing awareness of the UFO cover-up
      partially caused this awakening. The
      anti-globalization movement may be a somewhat
      hopeful sign. This movement has been manipulated
      from above, and corrupted from within by *agents
      provocateur*, Black Bloc low-life, wrong tactics,
      and shallow thinking generally, but still it may be
      the expression of some public awareness that the
      "globalists" are not leading this world in the
      right direction. -- But the big change may have
      come with 911. The Manipulators may have
      "overplayed their hand", gotten too arrogant and
      sloppy, and maybe moved too fast. The word is
      getting out; maybe not much in the "mainstream
      media", and, sadly, not very much in Anthro circles
      (as far as I know), but it is reaching more and
      more people, and some are even listening. See, for
      example: infowars.com .

      2. On the ecological front: Relief from bad
      weather, chemtrails, etc.? Wilhelm Reich's orgone
      "cloudbusting" technology has been moved forward
      since his death. TJ Constable and now Don & Carol
      Croft have made big improvements; so now we have
      the "chemtrail buster": a simple device that can
      be built for ~$150 and will get rid of those nasty
      chemtrails. Reportedly, one device even brought
      rain to the bone-dry Namibian Desert. Go to
      www.educate-yourself.org and click on "Don & Carol
      Croft". For background, click on "Constable",
      and/or go to borderlands.com and enter "Trevor
      James Constable" in their internal search engine.

      3. Despite all our troubles, Anthroposophy is not
      yet dead on Earth. IMO even the Society is not yet
      dead. People are still reading Steiner, still
      farming BD, still educating Waldorfully, etc. And
      some are even still developing new, beneficial
      extensions of what Steiner gave us. See, for a
      wonderful example, www.philophonetics.com .
      (Thanks to engemi in South Africa for the heads-up
      on that last item.)

      (OK, a bonus: #4: And how about all the new,
      non-Anthroposphical "healing modalities" coming
      on-line?)

      (Another bonus; #5: How about the animal-rights
      movement? It may be beset by some
      muddle-headedness and lack of understanding of
      Group-Spirits, etc., but these people are doing
      some heavy lifting and making some real difference
      here and there. This movement gives us some real
      evidence that human decency does still live and
      work on Planet Earth.)

      -- So, I set out to find three and came up with
      five. Any more out there?

      Robert Mason

      http://health.yahoo.com
    • Carol
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 2, 2002
        Thanks Robert, I like your suggestions.

        #1... There are increasingly good books in the 'new age'
        section of most book stores. By good books I mean books
        which
        are attempting to create bridges between the infinite
        mysteries and the daily lives of the readers. Many of these
        new books are less egotistical and more objective. The other
        side of this shiny coin is that in the science section of
        bookstores we are beginning to see more and more books trying
        to address mysterious phenomena; there will always be the
        absolute denials and refutation of spiritual reality, but
        many of the books from the science section are standing on
        the edge of the razor blade and acknowledging the confusion.

        I take a bit of hope from these trends. An example of the
        former type of book is "The After-Life Experiments". An
        example of the later is "Who's afraid of Schodinger's cat"...

        #2... There is a perverse hope to be taken in the devastating
        and tragic results of our societies blind confidence in
        technology. We are seeing more and more the futility of
        merely throwing money and technique at our problems. Not all
        of us are seeing this, but more and more people are feeling
        the need to ask deeper questions surrounding issues like
        education, health and social welfare. As more of us wake up
        to the impossibilities we face, the world begins to take on a
        new hue; a soft purple light can be discerned within the
        festering darkness. See Netfuture.com

        #3...And let us take hope from the fact of Bradford.

        #4... The fact that a piece of art as consistently beautiful
        and swampy as "Time is the Revelator" by Gillian Welsch was
        produced in our times is a wonderful sign that the human
        spirit is doing fine and getting ready to do some good hard
        work. Buy the cd and see what I mean.

        That's it for now...

        Carol

        http://health.yahoo.com
      • studioeditions2002
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 3, 2002
          Don't spend too much time on the educate-yourself.org site. I think
          if all the facts on this site were put into a bag of salt, with only
          the true facts able to be shaken out, there wouldn't be a large
          harvest -- there would be some precious truths though. What's written
          about the "Knights Templar" contradicts severely what RS said about
          them in his lectures. There's a serious problem in simple logic, with
          sweeping all-encompassing statements about ALL wealthy political
          figures and nearly All government. Who would want to spend much time
          and energy to extract the elements of truth in this "extreme zone,"
          wrapped in opaque clouds of paranoia, as much if not more anxiety
          generated as it's seeking to alleviate? In my perusal of this site, I
          sensed a lack of balance; I did not come across any references to
          Christ to balance so much that is written about Satan. Humanity has
          Christ for all satanic confrontation; after all, Satan is a god. I
          would need to search further, but then again...

          There have been several books over the past several decades about the
          use of children in satanic rituals. I recall one written by one of
          the children who survived into adulthood. But to imply that ALL law
          enforcement in the US, the FBI for example, is doing nothing about it
          and is even conspiratorily involved... Feet washing is needed here,
          and a lot of other washing as well. Salt's good for this.

          Christ is the Hope of the World. And John's Revelation reveals that
          good, or the aims of the proper spiritual guidance for the evolvement
          of humanity will triumph on Earth. The White Horseman who returns for
          the Battle of Armageddon is humanity with the Higher Self developed
          and able to be effective on Earth, ruling not out of egotism but with
          "the iron rod" of the developed Higher Self. The White Horseman of
          old was humanity given the crown of the king, but who had not earned
          it and did not deserve it -- hence increasing social and personal
          decadence through the red, black and pale horses. The White Horseman
          is man who has earned his kingly crown to rule through the emergence
          of the Higher Self. "Lord of Lord and King of Kings" - the Higher
          Self of humanity within each developed soul, written on the thigh,
          physical man, limbs and will. This will take a lot longer than
          2003.

          Martha

        • Robert Mason
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 5, 2002
            Aug. 5

            Thanks to all who responded to my query. It'll
            take me a while to digest and respond to all. I've
            taken on more email than I can handle in the little
            time I get online: two lists plus private
            correspondence. I'm 'way behind.

            Just a general response for now: Like they say:
            it takes all kinds to make a world, even the Anthro
            world.

            RM

            http://health.yahoo.com
          • Robert Mason

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 13, 2002
                Aug 13

                To Carol, who wrote:

                >>#1... There are increasingly good books in the
                'new age'
[...]

                Robert writes:
                I've been turning this over in my mind for a while,
                asking: Is this "New Age" stuff a good thing, or
                not? -- I've been having some trouble coming up
                with an answer.

                Perhaps a move away from crude materialism in the
                mass culture is a step in the right direction, but
                not necessarily altogether good. The New Age
                trends can be turned to evil, as is being attempted
                by Creme's "Maitreya". New Agism *could* be
                manipulated into black magic. On the other hand,
                besides the obvious benefits that can follow in
                culture from an increased awareness of soul-spirit
                realities, there might also be the benefit that
                human beings after death might be less susceptible
                to evil influences keeping them earth-bound and
                using them for harmful ends. But this is a
                speculation on my part.

                Such efforts as *The Afterlife Experiments* might
                be good up to a point, but there is a fallacy
                inherent in investigating soul-spiritual matters by
                using the methods of "natural science":

                -- from *Theosophy*, Addendum #13:
                "It is, indeed, natural to demand, for instance,
                that the statements of the seer in this domain
                should be proved by experiments corresponding to
                the scientific mode of thinking. . . . The
                spiritual world, however, will not allow itself to
                be dictated to."

                <http://wn.elib.com/Steiner/Books/GA009/English/GA009_addenda.html>

                As for quantum physics: This was well underway in
                Steiner's day, and there was much talk that the
                crude materialism of 19th Century science had been
                superseded. Steiner wasn't buying it; he remarked
                that this "new physics" was at base still very much
                materialistic. That's my recollection, anyway;
                unhappily, I don't have the direct quote.

                A world-view that encompasses reincarnation, karma,
                invisible beings, etc. is not necessarily proof
                against materialism. Indeed, Der Doktor often
                remarked on the materialism in the old Theosophical
                Society, with her doctrine of the "permanent atom",
                the talk of "vibrations", etc. -- One can find the
                classic statement of "occult materialism" in the
                infamous "Mahatma Letter on God", by one of the
                TS's "Mahatmas":

                http://www.theosociety.org/pasadena/mahatma/ml-10.htm

                The more virulent forms of occult materialism are
                deeply evil, seeking to divert earth-evolution into
                some cosmic anti-world -- as outlined in Bondarev's
                "Good and Evil".

                -- If one is inclined toward optimism, I suppose
                one could find reason for hope in the change in
                mass-consciousness as shown in the New Age
                movement. If one is inclined toward pessimism, one
                can find in this plenty of cause for worry,
                especially given the impending incarnation of
                Ahriman. Steiner warned us that
                Ahriman-in-the-flesh will make a mighty effort to
                turn the new clairvoyance and magic to his
                purposes. The outcome of this struggle is not
                settled in advance, as far as I know.

                Thanks for your comments,

                Robert Mason

                HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
                http://www.hotjobs.com
              • Carol
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 13, 2002
                  I appreciate your comments very much Mr. Mason. And, of
                  course, I wouldn't want to totalize the hope that I take from
                  certain shifts in bookstores. The shift I sense is hopeful
                  to the extent that people are loosening the tight grip they
                  fearfully hold to materialistic superstitions. 15 years ago
                  my father would become annoyed at any disscusion of the soul
                  surviving after death. Over the last 7 or 8 years, by
                  carefully handing my father various books to read, he no
                  longer get angry. In fact, he is very optimistic about his
                  chances of not becoming nothing after he dies. You are right
                  of course that 'loosening' can go too far in one direction.
                  No doubt. But much of the loosening that I see happening is
                  not even close to too far. My father, believe me, is still
                  using his reason and skepticism in wonderful ways; the
                  incarnating Ahriman is not going to waste much time with the
                  likes of my dad.

                  But nothing is free from be capable of doing a bit too much
                  loosening...I know people who are getting really into Steiner
                  in the last few months, whom I am very concerned about
                  because there is a certain quality to their intensity that
                  makes me question the balance. And it's up to them. No words
                  spoken by Steiner will really help them find the balance;
                  much deeper currents are at work here. That's why it's not
                  hard to find unkind anthroposophist- they're human, so it's
                  up to them to find the balance. As in Anthro libraries you
                  will find unbalanced people in the new age section of book
                  stores, but go talk to them. You'll find some remarkably
                  interesting people finding their balance while thumbing
                  through some of the strangest books.