Re: crop circles again

  • utopia_planetia_2000
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2002
      One has to use considerable discernement concerning the work of
      Collin Andrews and the conclusions he draws out of it; the party
      funding him is the US Rockefeller institute.

      I have seen the movie "The Signs" -- it discourages free thinking --
      the movie makes no sense anyway -- I see it as part of the offensive
      to debunk the phenomenon.

      Marc

      --- In anthroposophy@y..., "jla" <pacbay@a...> wrote:
      > A recent interview in Popular Science with Colin Andrews (I have
      worked with him in lecture promotions during the 90's)

      > Crop-circle expert and Signs advisor Colin Andrews sorts circular
      trick from truth.

      > When two men claimed responsibility for England's crop circles in
      1991, the world let out a collective "case closed." But not Colin
      Andrews, founder of Circles Phenomenon Research International, who
      claims hundreds of them are unexplainable. Andrews, who is not a
      scientist, served as advisor to Signs, in theaters August 2; we
      caught up with him to get his take on all things (paranormally)
      circular.

      > -Ted Johnson
      >

      > Popular Science Hasn't it been proven that crop circles are hoaxes?
      >
      > Colin Andrews Not necessarily. When Doug Bowers and David Chorley
      demonstrated their method of creating them with a plank, rope, and
      baseball cap, it dramatically affected the public's perception. But
      I've found that just over 80 percent appear to be manmade, with
      indications like soil depressions and trace marks. Twenty percent do
      not. There's something real here.

      > PS What?
      >
      > CA They scream of intelligence. My gut feeling is that something is
      trying to get us to look at ourselves and how we respect or
      disrespect our surroundings. I get a sense that there is concern for
      our environment and our planet.

      > PS Ever seen one form?
      >
      > CA No, but I've interviewed about 30 people who have. Their stories
      vary, but they agree on several features: The plants initially
      oscillate, then collapse with force and rotate within a vortex until
      they are lying completely flat on the ground. The process takes less
      than 10 seconds.

      > PS Have any formed recently?
      >
      > CA Yes, 15 new ones arrive every day. Around 10,500 have been
      reported worldwide since 1975.

      > PS Ever created one yourself?
      >
      > CA Oh yes. We've tried all sorts of things to replicate the
      features of the unexplained 20 percent. But we simply can't.

      > Jeff Auen
    • Bill N
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2002
        Jeff,

        What's the answer to crop circles? I'm still not clear on it. Do they fit into our realm of thinking through spiritual science?

        Bill
        Colin is far from a UFO radical. He is very conservative and circumspect towards the phenomena but leans towards a non physical agency producing it. hat that agency is he will not say and does not know. He is an engineer by training and was booted out of the government due to his initial interest in this phenomena. Just because he is funded now by the Rockefeller Institute does not necessarily imply conspiracy or bias. Mother Teresa was sponsored by dubious foundations as well (see the Christopher Hutchins essay on her and her support). He has suffered personally and financially for years due to his involvement in this area.

        Jeff

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2002