Some Pitfalls of Yoga

  • fireofthe12
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2002
      Thank you Mr. Tomberg for making this all clear to us again:
      Here's some more on the Indian Holy men who are revered as perfect,
      from Valentin Tomberg's "Inner Development".

      He says that through the processes of Indian occultism which includes
      the rising of the kundalini through the crown chakra, a state of
      premature perfection is achieved and hence these men appear as
      perfect masters.

      By entering the nirvanic (sanskrit: blown out - like a candle), what
      is imperfect in human nature will not be developed. A separation
      occurs, the cream - what is pure and holy in human nature - separates
      of from the imperfections.

      With this is renounced a "great ideal" of the future.

      "Thus every human soul stands at one time before the choice of
      becoming wonderfully holy or else at some time in the future - by
      working through many imperfections - of attaining a far off ideal,
      wherein all underdeveloped faculties implanted in human nature by the
      gods will come to fruition."

      The Brothers continue the theme:
      "In speaking in terms of evolution and development there has never
      been a comfortable explanation from the first for imperfection and
      regression - let alone the need for evolving and developing - in
      regards to our having come from Father God originally, who is
      absolute perfection. It is easy to interpret the view of the unholy
      world, knowing that there is much yet to be redeemed and retrieved
      which requires its resonance defined, its shadow illuminated and its
      mass instilled with grace.

      "As men we can bring in the holy powers through to our Earth element
      nature as manifested. As men, through Christ, we nurture both the
      spiritual and the physical realms, when we transmute the 'Earth
      sphere' with His goodness."

      Fond Regards,
      Bruce