  • DRStarman2001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14 5:42 PM
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      The 'Calendar of the Soul' is 52 meditative mantras enabling you to
      consciously experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within you as
      well as in outer Nature in the course of the year. These are well known to
      many anthroposophists; but the original Calendar published in 1912 ALSO
      contained 12 Images of the ZODIAC (to be meditated on that month to sense the
      working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the daytime), a listing of the
      MOON's phases & position in the constellations each night (for sensing the
      'lunar' forces), and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected
      with specific DAYS of the week. We're presenting all that here each week,
      which to my knowledge has not been done since 1913 and is available nowhere
      else. We begin with the mantra in the original German and in translation:

      * M A N T R A # 1 6 *
      Zu bergen Geistgeschenk im Innern,
      Gebietet strenge mir mein Ahnen,
      Dass reifend Gottesgaben
      In Seelengründen fruchtend
      Der Selbstheit Früchte bringen.

      To save the Spirit-Gifts in my Inner self
      Bids me strongly my sensing of the future,
      So that those ripening God-gifts
      In the Soul’s Ground bearing fruit
      The Selfhood's Fruit will bring.

      The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the summer play of
      light and warmth, to find ourselves in a different way later in the year; and
      this is just what the past few week's verses have pictured. Now this Spirit
      we surrendered to so strongly has wrapped itself about the Ego, planting
      seeds we sense will grow towards the future, and as they ripen, our own
      abilities will.

      **********************************
      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Gemini from
      June 16th to July 20th in our era. The symbolic image of the Twins done from
      Steiner's sketches & indications is attached to this post as a JPEG, although
      it may go through to you or not depending on your settings.

      Sunday July 14th. Moon Virgo. 1801 Johannes Müller (the Natural Scientist)
      born.
      Monday July 15th. Moon Libra. The Day that, according to legend, the
      Apostles set out on their missions and each chose a different region to go
      to. 1099 The Crusaders stormed Jerusalem.
      Tuesday July 16th. Moon Libra. First Quarter. The Flight of Muhammed 622
      A.D. (Hegira).
      Wednesday July 17th. Moon Scorpio. Leo IV.
      Thursday July 18th. Moon Scorpio. St. Thomas Aquinas.
      Friday July 19th. Moon Sagittarius. St. Vincent de Paul.
      Saturday July 20th. Moon Sagittarius. The Prophet Elijah (Elias).

      Dr. Starman