Meditations on the Tarot & Catholic Anthroposophists

  • fireofthe12
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 13, 2002
      Dear Friends,
      Now that it has been cheaply republished, I guess we'll be hearing a
      lot more about Meditations on the Tarot.

      Discusses the book.

      Since it was last published we have Sergei Prokofieff's critique of
      Tomberg.

      And now the book which criticises Prokofieff:

      http://www3.mistral.co.uk/wellspringbooks/sergeip.htm
      Sergei Prokofieff: Myth and Reality by Irina Gordienko
      The flyer:
      www.geocities.com/Athens/Sparta/1105/gordienko-prokofieff.pdf

      -Bruce
    • Sieglunda
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 13, 2002
        Dear Bruce,

        A very well known and knowledgeale First Class Teacher explained to me that
        beings such as Gordienko, Powell and such ilk are simply jealous of
        Prokofieff, therefore their gripes and distortions. Upon independent
        investigation I found that statement to be absolutely correct. We're
        fortunate to have someone of Prokofieff's caliber on the Vorstand,
        regardless of the criticism some have allowed the Dark Forces to implant
        into their thinking.

        Sincerely,

        Siglunde

      • DRStarman2001@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 14, 2002
          sieglunda@... writes:

          A very well known and knowledgeale First Class Teacher explained to me that
          beings such as Gordienko, Powell and such ilk are simply jealous of
          Prokofieff, therefore their gripes and distortions. Upon independent
          investigation I found that statement to be absolutely correct. We're
          fortunate to have someone of Prokofieff's caliber on the Vorstand,
          regardless of the criticism some have allowed the Dark Forces to implant
          into their thinking.

          Sincerely,

          Siglunde

          That is my impression as well.      -Starman
        • danifyou@tv.videotron.ca
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 14, 2002
            > A very well known and knowledgeale First Class Teacher explained to me that
            > beings such as Gordienko, Powell and such ilk are simply jealous of
            > Prokofieff, therefore their gripes and distortions. Upon independent
            > investigation I found that statement to be absolutely correct. We're
            > fortunate to have someone of Prokofieff's caliber on the Vorstand,
            > regardless of the criticism some have allowed the Dark Forces to implant
            > into their thinking.
            >
            > Sincerely,
            >
            > Siglunde

            That is my impression as well. -Starman
            -

            I recommend his book 'The Heavenly Sophia and the Being Anthroposophia', right thinking powerful starry wide ranging...
            I read it few years ago, in it is spoken of
            Skythianos(sp?). Around same time, (and this is especially for you Starman)
            I happen to have read a small book which I think was called "Of the right and wrong use of occult knowledge", short lecture cycle of Rudolf Steiner in which he spoke among other things of the diffferent qualitative 'manifestations' that can be brought about
            in relation to the positionning of the Zodiacal forces(axis way), under which you find yourself. Also, hinting at the mineral substances intake at specific moments in the day in order to bring full potent specific spiritual effects, though he not get much into details, the Magi mind can take hold of what is in there and intuite consequently. I think he spoke of the "vibration of gold" of which you referred to a little earlier.

            Btw, thanks for your translation of the 'Calendar of the Soul', that's the best around I tell you.. For you have the good timing too!

            Take care,
            Danny
          • Br. Ron
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 15, 2002
              It seems to me that the eternal riff between the Rosicrucian/Masonic
              systems and Catholicism is related to the same mythological struggle
              between Cain and Abel so eloquently highlighted by Tomberg in his
              profound 'Meditations on the Tarot.'

              The former views the centripetal impulse toward hierarchy as 'evil'
              while the latter considers the centrifugal pull away from hierarchy
              as the rebellious culprit.

              Surely it's possible to emulate the planetary systems and embrace both
              forces in equipoise.

              Br. Ron