Re: The New Yoga of Thought

  • studioeditions2002
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 9, 2002
      The use of the word Yoga here must refer to earlier discussions about
      the path of development through breath control versus the path of
      pure thought. It is not new to say that facts are assimilated through
      imaginative synthesis into the entirely new reality, but has been the
      definition of creative thinking (Eureka!) for ages. Check out
      Bartlett's Familiar Quotations. It does seem new to identify the
      etheric Christ at that crossing point between rational analysis and
      imaginative synthesis, when the long phase of fact accumulation or
      intellectuality at last becomes living in the soul. This is the ideal
      for the Waldorf teacher.

      I enjoyed the essay, but how did the author get from the ideal
      Waldorf teacher to Tom Brown, who learned to read the marks of
      animals as external gestures bearing a meaning, and Marty Roberts,
      the horse whisperer? These two are functioning at the instinctual
      level, with the use of the word instinct here meaning in harmony with
      the cosmos, as are animals, or functioning at the animal level.

      And God So Loved Them That He Gave Them A Horse

      In the Virginia horse-breeding country, where thoroughbreds are
      developed and raised strictly to make money in horse racing,
      Secretariat, the fastest race horse who ever lived, was born. He was
      a "whopper" of a foal with a white star on his forehead, and three
      white socks on his legs. Despite his large size and color (he was red
      and known as "The Red Horse"), nothing distinguished him until at the
      age of two he began to set speed records while being exercised
      because he would just begin to run like the wind, naturally, with no
      impetus. He quickly became famous by starting out awkwardly at the
      gate, hopelessly behind every other horse in the race, and then
      easily passing each one by one to win the race at the last minute.
      After setting speed records in races he was never tired, but would
      "dance" back to his stall and devour his oats. He was very
      intelligent, calm and good-natured. He won the "Triple Crown," and at
      Belmont Park, which is the longest and most difficult race course of
      the Triple Crown, he started out ahead at the gate for a change...
      and won the race lengths ahead of the others, setting a world speed
      record that has never been surpassed.

      After Secretariat's death, examination revealed that his heart was
      twice the size of the usual horse's heart, but was not abnormal. The
      book "Secretariat," by William Nack, has a color picture on the cover
      of the huge horse winning at Belmont. Sun glows on the mane which
      appears to be red fire.

      The moral of the story... is in the title.

      Cordially,

      Martha

      --- In anthroposophy@y..., "Bradford Riley" <holderlin66@h...> wrote:
      > In Southern Cross Review there is a wonderful article about
      thinking and
      > education. It is "Help Me! I Can't Stop Shoveling Facts!" by
      > Stephen L. Talbott.
      >
      > http://www.southerncrossreview.org/18/talbott.htm
      >
      > The entire riddle of the Pauline imperative, to see deeply past the
      dark
      > glass and grid of imprisoned thinking and allow students to breathe
      Light
      > and Thought in a new form of Yogic breathing, that is like the eye,
      has been
      > modestly illuminated in this article. The dilation of the eye, or
      how the
      > etheric forces dilate in the plant are related to breathing in and
      breathing
      > out, or sleep and waking; finally to the cycle of life in Death and
      > Incarnation.
      >
      > In Talbott's article the breathing between analytic thought and
      synthetic
      > thought allows for the new Yogi of education to take root. If the
      Eye were
      > not sun-like, as Goethe has said, so does the soul also dilate,
      expand and
      > contract between thought as fact and thought as sensitive
      imagination in
      > living light.
      >
      > Novalis called the breathing of Imagination on the side of
      synthesis and
      > digestion of hard facts on the side of analytical kernels of logic
      "Magical
      > Idealism". Talbott succeeds in describing the core-learning dictum
      of
      > Waldorf education. It is allowing the students to observe living
      human souls
      > (their teachers) assimilate facts and turn them into ponderable
      wonders of
      > the soul. It is this dynamic and its unfolding that 'gives
      permission' to
      > the student to unfold expansion of intimate relationships as well
      as sucking
      > contraction into useable bits of data.
      >
      > The infinite wonders of the soul is a world filled with I AM's.
      Yet, Talbott
      > understands what so many of us do not. Talbott reveals depth,
      measuring
      > depth against the superficial skimming of facts, measuring the
      stretch, the
      > width and the depth of potential in the soul world of humanity to
      grasp and
      > understand each soul and still hold the synthetic reality of a
      pregnant
      > universe where our souls abide within non-physical light. The
      riddle Talbott
      > unravels leads to certain clues and hidden dangers in our research
      into A.I.
      > or artificial Intelligence that stand against the intelligence of
      the
      > dynamic soul.
      >
      > In programming data into an A.I. form one could easily be faced
      with the
      > unfathomable problem that the A.I. beings we infuse with data might
      very
      > well disagree with our own human perception of the world. That the
      A.I.
      > beings we load with data might all agree that they do not see what
      humans
      > see and that their grasp over the data that humans placed in their
      > mechanisms might open the chasm of an alternative Kantian
      universe... or
      > affirm, from their perspective, electronic, electron, molecular
      basis of all
      > illusions of the soul and spirit. We could easily create a self-
      annihilating
      > prophecy. In other words the basis of the film the Matrix might
      efficiently
      > out prove all our well-crafted proofs. That for A.I. there is no
      soul and
      > spirit region and that we as a blotch on creation, are deluded and
      they may
      > need to correct that delusion with whatever means. (Oh HAL, open
      the pod
      > doors please)
      >
      > Talbott does not go so far as that, but there is an amazing logic
      to exactly
      > what things lead to when we let them unfold from their logical
      causes to
      > their logical conclusions. Is there really breathing between
      synthetic and
      > analytic thinking that allows the soul of humanity to arrive at the
      balance
      > of reality? While we do not understand Light and the breathing of
      thought
      > and Light as the same function for the organ of the brain as that
      of the
      > eye... I think we had better start grasping the new yogi of the I
      AM.
      > Students need this dynamic Yogi or our culture may be doomed.
      >
      > Waldorf or at least Goethean thinking allows the soul to become a
      mobile
      > instrument that can make use of the vehicle, the hard-wired vehicle
      of the
      > physical body which we are given at birth. In this vehicle are
      massive
      > polarities and fields that range from male to female; left and
      right;
      > contraction and expansion, dilation and now the latest, thinking
      within the
      > wide synthetic and the analytically contracted. Thinking that in
      the Michael
      > School is a new form of Yogi.
      >
      > Hats off, as it were, to Mr. Talbott for capturing the essential
      core of
      > what education is really all about. Oh, and by the way, Hats off to
      those
      > who observed the little tiny fragment of data amongst the billions
      of bytes
      > that saw the value of Talbott's statements. Tremendous forces
      toward holding
      > education on course as well as the new Light that exists from the
      Etheric
      > world where an Angel King, a mystery of the ancient Green Man,
      merges with
      > the dilation of flowers and etheric light has penetrated behind the
      light in
      > our souls. Our soul growth is tied into a culturally accepted mass
      > hallucination that is part of this etheric light that 98% of our
      education
      > actively denies and denies thinking access to.
      >
      > This amounts to a Crucifixion that we good and fine people daily
      claim that
      > we would never re-crucify the tender Being who died for our sins on
      the
      > cross in 33 a.d.. However, those that shout the loudest lie the
      most. They
      > wouldn't know and are clueless to the idea that there is a living
      Being of

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 11, 2002
        Bradford writes;

        The gestation cycle of the horse is 365 days. The Jesus heart, Mr.
        Zarathustra to us, is locked in the star Sirius which runs in sync
        with Earth rotation at 365.25. Those are interesting spiritual
        scientific facts that must leave many ding dongs chasing turf. But
        the Horse was always considered the bearer of Intelligence on Earth.
        Now the examples Talbott gave make life interesting indeed and
        magical again.

        The example I refer to is a Light force for the Yogi of the West.
        However, thank you for being awake enough to share in the most
        critical observations we can make at this time on our planet. We
        must be able to locate the Breathing process of how etheric light
        and Thought light connect us to the Etheric Christ as this newly
        arisen Angel.

        The next thing of course is to grasp that we "good Christians"
        continue to crucify this Being both in Education and Science. While
        the detail might lead us to Christian Rosenkreuz and his mission to
        hold Science on track both materialistically and spiritually, still
        the secret of synthetic and analytic dilation of light thought as
        contraction and expansion of the soul, allows... if we ever research
        properly to arrive at the Michael World of true thinking.

        Science and strange facts arise but how do these kernels, as Talbott
        attempted to illustrate, make the individual world of the higher I
        AM filled with capacities, as real and alive and as potential in all
        students as what possibilities we have in us.

      • danifyou@tv.videotron.ca
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 12, 2002
          To allow Pegasus winged horse thinking similar to Zeus and rejoicing etherical unfolding Blue Roses Perfume in incence-like strings and skywalking to this Nectar-Fruiting in/on new air-waters
          Breath of Life surging up from Heart of Gold Laboratory "melting" Immortality Drink is certainly of the non-turning things into stones as in breaking-moving a mountain bread and looking(opening eyes-wanting
          New Course, better Desire, Meaningful details), like a Head into a Cow to re-collection-connection continuity of/in
          the Good Spirit Wonderful Operations, Beauteous Light of Thinking 'Consciousnness' of the Soul Spirit full(,) meal bitter book in mouth but Sweet in belly, making to shine inside as in outside; astral-etheric Sun Harmony Golden Age....

          Behold! distillation of Lucifer! behind Satan!

          Redemption Movement, solid ground Ahrimanic vial of a scientifical time of refinement cycle of pain, Rewarding, as much as Christ himself has been suffering and Overcame, not in vain is the Labouring,
          LOVE is not missing, this one simply we are not applying.....

          To Vitalize, to Revitalize...
          Red, Gold and Green...
          "Karma Chameleon"? ;)

          Daring to say The Blood to drink was(is)
          from Heart-Blood etherizating(,)New)) Head-logic, Starry Moral World to bear 'Concsious'?
          Crown of Thorns Free Choice, Light-Flames Fire Baptism New Yogic Power, direction to Grail, Sailing in "Liver-Boat" ether pool of LOVE, Clean and Pure?
          As a Good-Will may reveal, Second Coming, as the Lightning from East to West, and the hearing then knowing The Angel's Music that is Peace and Grace Amazing, Sophia's Flute Most Enchanting Magically Ideal and Holy Spirit Stirring?...

          See Colors Most Amazing?
          Light Delight...
          Music!
          Garuda in the Night?... :)

          Well, dear friends, take care and be all Right! ;)

          Danny

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 12, 2002
            Pegasus... Wonderful. Heaven on Earth, Danny. Thank you.

            --- In anthroposophy@y..., danifyou@t... wrote:

            > To allow Pegasus winged horse thinking similar to Zeus and
            rejoicing etherical unfolding Blue Roses Perfume in incence-like
            strings and skywalking to this Nectar-Fruiting in/on new air-waters
            > Breath of Life surging up from Heart of Gold Laboratory "melting"
            Immortality Drink is certainly of the non-turning things into stones
            as in breaking-moving a mountain bread and looking(opening eyes-
            wanting
            > New Course, better Desire, Meaningful details), like a Head into a
            Cow to re-collection-connection continuity of/in
            > the Good Spirit Wonderful Operations, Beauteous Light of Thinking
            'Consciousnness' of the Soul Spirit full(,) meal bitter book in mouth
            but Sweet in belly, making to shine inside as in outside; astral-
            etheric Sun Harmony Golden Age....

            > Behold! distillation of Lucifer! behind Satan!
            >
            > Redemption Movement, solid ground Ahrimanic vial of a scientifical
            time of refinement cycle of pain, Rewarding, as much as Christ
            himself has been suffering and Overcame, not in vain is the
            Labouring,
            > LOVE is not missing, this one simply we are not applying.....
            >
            > To Vitalize, to Revitalize...
            > Red, Gold and Green...
            > "Karma Chameleon"? ;)
            >
            > Daring to say The Blood to drink was(is)
            > from Heart-Blood etherizating(,)New)) Head-logic, Starry Moral
            World to bear 'Concsious'?
            > Crown of Thorns Free Choice, Light-Flames Fire Baptism New Yogic
            Power, direction to Grail, Sailing in "Liver-Boat" ether pool of
            LOVE, Clean and Pure?
            > As a Good-Will may reveal, Second Coming, as the Lightning from
            East to West, and the hearing then knowing The Angel's Music that is
            Peace and Grace Amazing, Sophia's Flute Most Enchanting Magically
            Ideal and Holy Spirit Stirring?...

            > See Colors Most Amazing?
            > Light Delight...
            > Music!
            > Garuda in the Night?... :)
            >

            > Well, dear friends, take care and be all Right! ;)
            >

            > Danny

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          • studioeditions2002
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 12, 2002
              You are amazing, Bradford. I'll work on this. I love Danny's image of
              Pegasus...

              Martha

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 14, 2002
                You are amazing, Bradford. I'll work on this. I love Danny's image of
                Pegasus...

                Martha
                >---
                Yes an amazing Knight...
                The talk is good when around a Table together like, to share a meal of Spiritual Light..

                Thanks to you Martha for sharing your
                soul-life smile-bright.

                Let us be all Right. ;)

                Danny