  • DRStarman2001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2002
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      The cycle of the year can be a meditation through which you can sense the
      Beings that are behind the changing seasons, and Steiner gave out the
      'Calendar of the Soul' to do this. It's 52 meditative mantras enabling you to
      consciously experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within you as
      well as in outer Nature in the course of the year. These are well known to
      many anthroposophists; but the original Calendar published in 1912 ALSO
      contained 12 Images of the Zodiac (to be meditated on to sense the working of
      the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day), a listing of the Moon's phase
      and position in the constellations each night (for sensing the 'lunar'
      forces), and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected with
      specific days of the week. We're presenting all that here. We begin with the
      mantra in the original German and in translation:

      * M A N T R A # 1 5 *
      Ich fühle wie verzaubert
      Im Weltenschein des Geistes Weben
      Es hat in Sinnesdumpfheit
      Gehüllt mein Eigenwesen,
      Zu schenken mir die Kraft
      Die, ohnmächtig sich selbst zu geben,
      Mein Ich in seinen Schranken ist.

      I feel how enchanted
      Into World-Shining is the Spirit's Weaving:
      It has in Senses' Dimness
      Enclosed my Self-Essence
      To give me the Power:
      That, powerless myself to give
      My "I" in its boundaries is.

      The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the play of light
      and warmth; then, from out of the Spirit revealed in the outer world, we are
      to find our "selves" again in the World-Self. This week the Spirit we
      experience through the beauty of the senses in the outer world has enwrapped
      itself around the Ego, which would otherwise be cut off from the world--- a
      "spell" cast over it which is unwrapped at Christmastime, which is the
      opposite verse to this week's.

      **********************************
      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Gemini from
      June 16th to July 20th in our era. The symbolic image of the Twins done from
      Steiner's sketches & indications is attached to this post as a JPEG, although
      it may go through to you or not depending on your settings.

      Sunday July 7th. Moon GEMINI. Demetrius.
      Monday July 8th. Moon GEMINI. Aquila and Priscilla.
      Tuesday July 9th. Moon CANCER. Anatolia.
      Wednesday July 10th. Moon CANCER. 1509 Calvin born.
      Thursday July 11th. Moon LEO. Pius I.
      Friday July 12th. Moon LEO. 1536 Erasmus of Rotterdam died.
      Saturday July 13th. Moon VIRGO. 1889 Robert Hamerling died.

      Dr. Starman