Re: [anthroposophy] Re: Yoga , the Inclusive Vocabulary Version

  • jla
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2002
      I still contend that breath work and Yoga have little to due with mechanical occultism. It seems that this trend will come from the metabolic and will forces of those in the West in particular. Steady scientific research will contribute much also. The simple application of neural science to computer has begun and is producing provocative results.  We can see this (as Starmann has pointed out) in the rise and use of technology and computers. If one senses the energy and will forces as one types on the keyboard and feels the subtle connections with a computer, that is just a taste.With the development of virtual reality technology and direct thought to brain to machine research, we can see the direction it is taking. There are things going on behind "closed doors" that would boggle our minds: there is great advancement in brain helmets that can be connected to the cockpit instrumentation and allow pilots to control planes by thought. This is in the early stages. Artificial organ and limb replacements are advancing rapidly as are electric organs where the heart and other organs are control and monitored by electrical boxes. Voice command technology is now available in cars. Imagine in 50 years where we will be. Imagine in 500 years.

      And behind the spiritual scenes, we are told, there is more going on than making life easier. There is a plan afoot to enmesh us in the mechanical and technological devices and this has happened to an extent already with young kids. Once I was in a hotel (about two years ago) and  I had some down time. My friend and I went to the race car computer video machine (full size screen) and began to race each other. Within two minutes I was shocked how I was "in the game" and feeling and moving as it were real. Imagine kids doing this day in day out. This is the dark side of mechanical occultism rearing it head. (and not all computer simulations are "bad" but many of them are horribly grotesque and violent). Needing an "electronic fix" - TV, email, cell phones, etc. while in nature is yet another symptom.

      jeff