Calendar of the Soul, Week 14 after Easter (Summer)

  • DRStarman2001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30 6:03 PM
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      The cycle of the year can be a meditation through which you can sense the
      Beings that are behind the changing seasons, and Steiner gave out the
      'Calendar of the Soul' to do this. It's 52 meditative mantras enabling you to
      consciously experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within you as
      well as in outer Nature in the course of the year. These are well known to
      many anthroposophists; but the original Calendar published in 1912 ALSO
      contained 12 Images of the Zodiac (to be meditated on to sense the working of
      the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day), a listing of the Moon's phase
      and position in the constellations each night (for sensing the 'lunar'
      forces), and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected with
      specific days of the week. We're presenting all that here. We begin with the
      mantra in the original German and in translation:

      * M A N T R A # 1 4 (Summer) *
      An Sinnesoffenbarung hingegeben,
      Verlor ich mein Eigenwesens Trieb,
      Gedankentraum, er schien
      Betäubend mir das Selbst zu rauben,
      Doch weckend nahet schon
      In Sinnenschein mir Weltendanken.

      To Senses' offerings given over
      I lose Self-Essence's Drive;
      Dreaminess of Thinking, it seems
      To stupefy me, the Self to rob,
      But a waking now approaches
      From Senses' Shining in me, of World-Thinking.

      The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the play of light
      and warmth, so strong that it dims down the Ego's thinking; then, from out of
      the Spirit revealed in the outer world, we are to find our "selves" again in
      the World-Self. This is the St. John's experience of "I must decrease that He
      may increase." This week that world-thinking, the Ideas the Spirit uses to
      build Nature, now begins to approach us in our summer waking-dream state,
      immersed in the senses' beauty.

      **********************************
      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Gemini from
      June 16th to July 20th in our era. The symbolic image of the Twins done from
      Steiner's sketches & indications is attached to this post as a JPEG, although
      it may go through to you or not depending on your settings.

      Sunday June 30th. Moon Pisces. Festival in Memory of Paul.
      Monday July 1st. Moon Aries. G.W. Leibnitz born 1646.
      Tuesday July 2nd. Moon Aries. 1778 Rousseau died.
      Wednesday July 3rd. Moon Aries. Anatolius.
      Thursday July 4th. Moon Taurus. Ulrich.
      Friday July 5th. Moon Taurus. Cyril and Methodius. Hosea (Prophet).
      Saturday July 6th. Moon Gemini. Hus born 1369; Hus burned at the stake
      1415. 1502 University of Wittenberg founded.

      Dr. Starman
    • Deborah TYSON
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 5, 2002
        Hi, Really need, want copy of the current "Calendar of
        the Soul". Where to find for purchase or ordering,
        etc. thank you. Need snail mail, cost, address, no
        credit card no checking. Deborah

        http://sbc.yahoo.com