  • DRStarman2001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2002
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      The cycle of the year can be a meditation through which you can sense the
      Beings that are behind the changing seasons, and Steiner gave out the
      'Calendar of the Soul' to do this. It's 52 meditative mantras enabling you to
      consciously experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within you as
      well as in outer Nature in the course of the year. These are well known to
      many anthroposophists; but the original Calendar published in 1912 ALSO
      contained 12 Images of the Zodiac (to be meditated on to sense the working of
      the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day), a listing of the Moon's phase
      and position in the constellations each night (for sensing the 'lunar'
      forces), and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected with
      specific days of the week. We're presenting all that here. We begin with the
      mantra in the original German and in translation:

      * M A N T R A # 1 0 *
      Zu sommerlichen Höhen
      Erhebt der Sonne leuchtend Wesen sich;
      Es nimmt mein menschlich Fühlen
      In seine Raumesweiten mit.
      Erahnend regt im Innern sich
      Empfindung, dumpf mir kündend,
      Erkennen wirst du einst:
      Dich fühle jetzt ein Gotteswesen.

      To summer-like Heights
      Rises the Sun’s Light-filled Essence;
      It draws my human Feeling
      Into the widths of Space with it.
      There anxiously stirs in my Inner self
      Sensation, dimly prophesying to me
      You will realize one day:
      You feel now a God’s Essence.

      The spiritual force of the light in the outer world of the senses,
      growing in this spring-time, is now so strong that it draws our feelings out
      with it, and we have a fore-sense of the divine spirit-being we will contact
      in the heights of summer.

      **********************************
      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Taurus from
      May 1st to June 15th in our era. The symbolic image of Taurus done from
      Steiner's sketches & indications is attached to this post as a JPEG, although
      it may go through to you or not depending on your settings.

      Sunday June 2nd. Moon Pisces. Erasmus.
      Monday June 3rd. Moon Pisces. Clotilde.
      Tuesday June 4th. Moon Aries. Karpasius.
      Wednesday June 5th. Moon Aries. Boniface (the Apostle to Germany in the 8th
      century).
      Thursday June 6th. Moon Taurus. Julian the Apostate born 331.
      Friday June 7th. Moon Taurus. Lucian.
      Saturday June 8th. Moon Taurus. Muhammed died 632.

      Dr. Starman