  • DRStarman2001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2002
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      The cycle of the year can be a meditation through which you can sense the
      Beings that are behind the changing seasons, and Steiner gave out the
      'Calendar of the Soul' to do this. It's 52 meditative mantras enabling you to
      consciously experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within you as
      well as in outer Nature in the course of the year. These are well known to
      many anthroposophists; but the original Calendar published in 1912 ALSO
      contained 12 Images of the Zodiac (to be meditated on to sense the working of
      the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day), a listing of the Moon's phase
      and position in the constellations each night (for sensing the 'lunar'
      forces), and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected with
      specific days of the week. We're presenting all that here. We begin with the
      mantra in the original German and in translation:

      * M A N T R A # 9 *
      Vergessend meine Willenseigenheit
      Erfüllet Weltenwärme sommerkündend
      Mir Geist und Seelenwesen;
      Im Lichte mich zu verlieren
      Gebietet mir das Geisteschauen,
      Und kraftvoll kündet Ahnung mir:
      Verieren dich, und dich zu finden.

      Forgetting my Egohood’s Will,
      The World-Warmth, heralding Summer,
      Fills my Spirit and Soul-Essence;
      To lose myself in the Light,
      The Spirit-Vision commands me,
      And powerfully prophesies to me:
      Lose yourself, and yourself you’ll find.

      The spiritual force of the light in the outer world grows so strong that
      the soul and spirit wants to let go of self-will and lose our being in it;
      this is what we should do at this time, for it's a stage in a process
      necessary in order to find oneself again anew later in the year.

      **********************************
      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Taurus from
      May 1st to June 15th in our era. The symbolic image of Taurus done from
      Steiner's sketches & indications is attached to this post as a JPEG, although
      it may go through to you or not depending on your settings.

      Sunday May 26th. Moon Sagittarius. Full Moon.The Venerable Bede (famous
      English monk of the 8th century).
      Monday May 27th. Moon Sagittarius. Maria of Magdala. Dante born 1265.
      Calvin died 1564.
      Tuesday May 28th. Moon Capricorn. Wilhelm.
      Wednesday May 29th. Moon Capricorn. Christiana.
      Thursday May 30th. Moon Aquarius. The Maid of Orleans burnt 1431.
      Friday May 31st. Moon Aquarius. Angela.
      Saturday June 1st. Moon Pisces. Nicodemus.

      Dr. Starman