Southern Cross Review No. 17

  • Jo Ann Schwartz
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2002
      Dear Friends and Subscribers,

      That PLOP you just heard outside on the porch was the new issue of
      Southern Cross Review being delivered. So stop whatever you're doing
      (within limits) and go have a look.

      After we take on neo-capitalism in the Editor's page, and you read a
      letter from an Argentine soldier to an English one, you come to Essays,
      where *Steve Talbott* holds forth on Ecological Conversation and *Gaither
      Stewart* on Freedom.

      The anthroposophy section is well filled this time by *Tom Mellett*, with
      a piece on Cosmology, and more. Science is represented by *Nick Herbert*
      with two essays on Quantum Tantra and an ode to Schroedinger's Cat.
      *Richard Feynman* holds forth on The Quantum Mystery from the Broadway
      play QED.

      For those of you who were holding your breath, the serialized Baseball
      Murders continues and there are short fiction pieces by our favorite
      Hispanic-American writer, *Daniel A. Olivas*, one by me that shows what
      happens when the Three Kings appear in the hot Southern Hemisphere.
      *Robert B. Cohen*, a NYPD Captain and writer on the side, tells us what
      it's like on the streets and in the subways of New York. *Gaither Stewart*
      fans will be relieved to find that he hasn't missed an issue yet, and new
      writer - for us - *Charlie Mann* brings up the rear with an American
      Indian story.

      SCR's poetry renaissance continues with poems by *Bradford Riley*,
      *Stephen Oliver* and *Nick Herbert*. If modern poetry bores you, try these
      quantum quality pieces.

      For writers we announce a contest for essay and fiction with cash prizes.
      And oh yes, there are three new E-books.

      Enjoy!

      Frank Thomas Smith, editor
      JoAnn Schwartz, associate editor
      http://www.SouthernCrossReview.org

      See the latest issue of the SouthernCross Review at:
      http://www.SouthernCrossReview.org

      http://health.yahoo.com