R: [anthroposophy] the book

  • VALENTINA BRUNETTI
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2002
      Dear Joel
      I have just finished reading this book and I've found in it several
      confirmations of my own insights abouth this author, especially about his
      lack of cognition about the Consciousness soul,.for instance when Prokofieff
      criticize Tomberg ON THE SAME TOPIC , (..lucus a non lucendo...) since they
      look to me just like the two faces of the same coin !
      Moreover I've found out Gordienko's criticism well balanced when she
      writes about Prokofieff's lack of experience abour the living thinking path
      that is the core of the Spiritual Science.
      So , since SP is now in the Vorstand I have been asking Italian GAS
      Secret. if there had been some debate in Dornach about it and he gave me
      a kind but cold answer that nothing of this kind happened.....
      I believe that the whole "Prokofieff affaire" is a further example of how
      much soul's balance and judgement's indipendence are required to be an
      anthroposophist to day.....
      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2002
        Although this isn't the question being asked, I found Prokofieff's book on the
        Holy Nights very helpful to inspire both my nightly drawings and subsequent
        dreaming.
        It is disturbing to see how eagerly human beings leap to criticize.
        I do agree that his 'forte' might be leaning toward the Intellectual Soul, but
        it would seem more interesting to discern his place on the Vorstand and what
        its function is.
        The transition to Consciousness Soul is not an easy one. Even the move to
        'know' a man by reading someone's opinion of him from a book is an Intellectual
        Soul impulse.
        Consciousness Soul strives for the 'Big Picture.'

        Blessings on your investigation,

        Morgan Vierheller
      • Bayou Blue
        Message 3 of 9 , May 1, 2002
          Dear Morgan and All,

          I must agree with your assessment below. Even in his very basic book,
          *Knowledge of the Higher Worlds and its Attainment*, Steiner speaks of how
          much criticism exists, even among our children. What are we teaching and
          developing? Clear thinking? Compassion? Tolerance? Understanding? Knowledge?
          Anthroposophical thoughts? Perhaps one should stop and ponder a bit on these
          aspects?

          BB

          > Although this isn't the question being asked, I found Prokofieff's book on
          the
          > Holy Nights very helpful to inspire both my nightly drawings and
          subsequent
          > dreaming.
          > It is disturbing to see how eagerly human beings leap to criticize.
          > I do agree that his 'forte' might be leaning toward the Intellectual Soul,
          but
          > it would seem more interesting to discern his place on the Vorstand and
          what
          > its function is.
          > The transition to Consciousness Soul is not an easy one. Even the move to
          > 'know' a man by reading someone's opinion of him from a book is an
          Intellectual
          > Soul impulse.
          > Consciousness Soul strives for the 'Big Picture.'
          >

          > Blessings on your investigation,
          >
          > Morgan Vierheller
        • Joel Wendt
          Message 4 of 9 , May 1, 2002
            Dear BB,

            In the book the problem of criticism is carefully discussed. Those who
            haven't read the book should first read it before criticizing it from a
            position of ignorance, don't you think?

            warm regards,
            joel

            On Wed, 2002-05-01 at 13:16, Bayou Blue wrote:
            > Dear Morgan and All,
            >
            > I must agree with your assessment below. Even in his very basic book,
            > *Knowledge of the Higher Worlds and its Attainment*, Steiner speaks of how
            > much criticism exists, even among our children. What are we teaching and
            > developing? Clear thinking? Compassion? Tolerance? Understanding? Knowledge?
            > Anthroposophical thoughts? Perhaps one should stop and ponder a bit on these
            > aspects?
            >
            > BB
            >

            > > Although this isn't the question being asked, I found Prokofieff's book on
            > the
            > > Holy Nights very helpful to inspire both my nightly drawings and
            > subsequent
            > > dreaming.
            > > It is disturbing to see how eagerly human beings leap to criticize.
            > > I do agree that his 'forte' might be leaning toward the Intellectual Soul,
            > but
            > > it would seem more interesting to discern his place on the Vorstand and
            > what
            > > its function is.
            > > The transition to Consciousness Soul is not an easy one. Even the move to
            > > 'know' a man by reading someone's opinion of him from a book is an
            > Intellectual
            > > Soul impulse.
            > > Consciousness Soul strives for the 'Big Picture.'
            > >

            > > Blessings on your investigation,
            > >
            > > Morgan Vierheller

            > Unsubscribe:

          • Bayou Blue
            Message 5 of 9 , May 1, 2002
              Hi, Joel,

              I'm sorry to have to ask for further explanation but I'd like to understand
              what you're saying below, since I see no connection between what I wrote and
              what you wrote. Morgan had said he'd read this book. You aren't clear in
              your reply regarding what point(s) you're making or what you're trying to
              say. Please let us know what you're saying here.

              Thanks,
              BB

              > Dear BB,
              >
              > In the book the problem of criticism is carefully discussed. Those who
              > haven't read the book should first read it before criticizing it from a
              > position of ignorance, don't you think?
              >
              > warm regards,
              > joel
              >
              > On Wed, 2002-05-01 at 13:16, Bayou Blue wrote:
              > > Dear Morgan and All,
              > >
              > > I must agree with your assessment below. Even in his very basic book,
              > > *Knowledge of the Higher Worlds and its Attainment*, Steiner speaks of
              how
              > > much criticism exists, even among our children. What are we teaching and
              > > developing? Clear thinking? Compassion? Tolerance? Understanding?
              Knowledge?
              > > Anthroposophical thoughts? Perhaps one should stop and ponder a bit on
              these
              > > aspects?
              > >
              > > BB
              > >

              > > > Although this isn't the question being asked, I found Prokofieff's
              book on
              > > the
              > > > Holy Nights very helpful to inspire both my nightly drawings and
              > > subsequent
              > > > dreaming.
              > > > It is disturbing to see how eagerly human beings leap to criticize.
              > > > I do agree that his 'forte' might be leaning toward the Intellectual
              Soul,
              > > but
              > > > it would seem more interesting to discern his place on the Vorstand
              and
              > > what
              > > > its function is.
              > > > The transition to Consciousness Soul is not an easy one. Even the
              move to
              > > > 'know' a man by reading someone's opinion of him from a book is an
              > > Intellectual
              > > > Soul impulse.
              > > > Consciousness Soul strives for the 'Big Picture.'
              > > >

              > > > Blessings on your investigation,
              > > >
              > > > Morgan Vierheller
            • luciferius2002
              Message 6 of 9 , May 3, 2002
                Any attempt to criticise such printed assertions is
                condemned out of a false ethical principle: tolerance
                towards a person is confused with tolerance of his
                mistakes. The ideal of brotherly love comes to mean
                little more than the maintaining of "diplomatic
                relations" with one's neighbour, while remaining
                indifferent to his spiritual destiny.
                (Gordienko, pgs.13-14)

                --- In anthroposophy@y..., "Bayou Blue" <BayouBlue@p...> wrote:
                > Dear Morgan and All,
                >
                > I must agree with your assessment below. Even in his very basic
                book,
                > *Knowledge of the Higher Worlds and its Attainment*, Steiner speaks
                of how
                > much criticism exists, even among our children. What are we
                teaching and
                > developing? Clear thinking? Compassion? Tolerance? Understanding?
                Knowledge?
                > Anthroposophical thoughts? Perhaps one should stop and ponder a bit
                on these
                > aspects?
                >
                > BB
                >

                > > Although this isn't the question being asked, I found
                Prokofieff's book on
                > the
                > > Holy Nights very helpful to inspire both my nightly drawings and
                > subsequent
                > > dreaming.
                > > It is disturbing to see how eagerly human beings leap to
                criticize.
                > > I do agree that his 'forte' might be leaning toward the
                Intellectual Soul,
                > but
                > > it would seem more interesting to discern his place on the
                Vorstand and
                > what
                > > its function is.
                > > The transition to Consciousness Soul is not an easy one. Even
                the move to
                > > 'know' a man by reading someone's opinion of him from a book is an
                > Intellectual
                > > Soul impulse.
                > > Consciousness Soul strives for the 'Big Picture.'
                > >

                > > Blessings on your investigation,
                > >
                > > Morgan Vierheller
              • Bayou Blue
                Message 7 of 9 , May 3, 2002
                  Dear luciferius,

                  Thank you for your Gordienko quote, which holds much wisdom. In my reply to
                  Morgan's thoughts, I was essentially asking questions, which apparently were
                  overlooked or not comprehended and thus left unanswered. Perhaps I didn't
                  phrase my meanings clearly enough? As already stated, I agree with Morgan's
                  assessment of Prokofieff's holy nights work, and in fact greatly admire
                  Prokofieff himself, feeling perhaps he isn't appreciated as fully as he well
                  deserves. His so astute words regarding criticism seemed to me
                  overwhelmingly important, thus my questions which seem to have elicited no
                  reply. When one considers how our own times are increasingly plunging into
                  darkness in large part due to conscious or unconscious non-recognition of
                  criticism per se, I felt it a valid exploration.

                  Best,

                  BB

                  > Any attempt to criticise such printed assertions is
                  > condemned out of a false ethical principle: tolerance
                  > towards a person is confused with tolerance of his
                  > mistakes. The ideal of brotherly love comes to mean
                  > little more than the maintaining of "diplomatic
                  > relations" with one's neighbour, while remaining
                  > indifferent to his spiritual destiny.
                  > (Gordienko, pgs.13-14)
                  >

                  > --- In anthroposophy@y..., "Bayou Blue" <BayouBlue@p...> wrote:
                  > > Dear Morgan and All,
                  > >
                  > > I must agree with your assessment below. Even in his very basic
                  > book,
                  > > *Knowledge of the Higher Worlds and its Attainment*, Steiner speaks
                  > of how
                  > > much criticism exists, even among our children. What are we
                  > teaching and
                  > > developing? Clear thinking? Compassion? Tolerance? Understanding?
                  > Knowledge?
                  > > Anthroposophical thoughts? Perhaps one should stop and ponder a bit
                  > on these
                  > > aspects?
                  > >
                  > > BB
                  > >

                  > > > Although this isn't the question being asked, I found
                  > Prokofieff's book on
                  > > the
                  > > > Holy Nights very helpful to inspire both my nightly drawings and
                  > > subsequent
                  > > > dreaming.
                  > > > It is disturbing to see how eagerly human beings leap to
                  > criticize.
                  > > > I do agree that his 'forte' might be leaning toward the
                  > Intellectual Soul,
                  > > but
                  > > > it would seem more interesting to discern his place on the
                  > Vorstand and
                  > > what
                  > > > its function is.
                  > > > The transition to Consciousness Soul is not an easy one. Even
                  > the move to
                  > > > 'know' a man by reading someone's opinion of him from a book is an
                  > > Intellectual
                  > > > Soul impulse.
                  > > > Consciousness Soul strives for the 'Big Picture.'
                  > > >

                  > > > Blessings on your investigation,
                  > > >
                  > > > Morgan Vierheller

                  > Unsubscribe:

                • Bayou Blue
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 4, 2002
                    Dear Andrea,

                    hmmm - no, I haven't read Gordienko's book - uh - now I'm not sure what to
                    think here: I either should have read it or my statement "much wisdom" isn't
                    deserved while a description of "cynical" might be? Tell me which? Oh, well,
                    there's wisdom in all things, whether positive or negative. At least
                    luciferius answered when no one else would, and that's a plus! Thank you,
                    Andrea.

                    BB

                  • SheilaP
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 5, 2002
                      Dear Andrea,

                      It seems BB is no longer a member of this mailing list, which is not
                      surprising, considering the treatment she received beginning with the said
                      Joel Wendt [an admirer and follower of the Black Magician, Franz Barton, not
                      to mention Tomberg and Powell, yet who has not "ever really read Steiner"
                      according to his own words] effectively "deciding" for her in public she had
                      not read Prokofieff's book but was discussing it from a "position of
                      ignorance." Wendt requires acute therapy in Anthroposophy [or human decency]
                      101, as does the anonymous luciferius. Is this an Anthroposophical mailing
                      list, or is it a "club" for battering new seekers? I only see evidence of
                      the latter. As one of those who worked with David Heaf, Steve Usher, et al
                      in IAA, I well know Prokofieff [an excellent choice for the Vorstand] and
                      his work plus his book [with your "kernel" and "thorny question"] as well as
                      "the entire world of the GAS," and I can well see why there are such paltry
                      and self-serving correspondences taking place on this list, erroneously
                      entitled "anthroposophy." Steiner would be horrified but not surprised. Why
                      doesn't Wendt and Loki-luciferius speak up again in their cruelty rather
                      than cowering under the flooring? Do they need you to continue the
                      persecution and expulsion of BB from a sacred circle? I gladly leave all of
                      you your self-defined exclusiveness and self-importance.

                      With Disgust and a relieved farewell,

                      Sheila Pickerill