Reply on I-Ching/violenceRe: Grail Knights

  • elaineupton2001
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 29, 2002
      Brother Ron, dear,
      In the exchange below, the last thing is that you ask me how the I-
      Ching you quoted refers to the tragedy of being lost in the chain of
      violence. I think it is quite literally there, nothing mysterious
      about it, just as there is nothing mysterious about what Christ said
      about violence (call it "fulfilling" or "completing" or transcending
      the law or what you will--He clearly says "turn the other cheek", no
      two ways about it). The I-Ching quote I do not now have with me, but
      there was something about violence not being the way to go, and it
      was pretty clear and literal.

      To live up to this ideal of non-violence is another matter....

      Enough on that for now, at least for me.

      Be well,
      elaine