Ahh CHING!

  • Br. Ron
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2002
      Speaking of I-Ching, as Carl Jung says, it really is an
      incredible "monument of thought."

      Here is another example of how the "Book of Changes"
      parts company with other Eastern meditative paths
      such as Buddhism.

      "Applied to oneself, this hexagram concerns the problem
      of achieving a quiet heart. While Buddhism strives for rest
      through an ebbing away of all movement in nirvana, the I-Ching
      considers rest as a state of polarity - with movement as its
      complement." - Hexagram 52 'Keeping still' (Ken)

      This of course, coincides with the Western alternation of
      contemplative 'prayer' and compassionate 'action.'

      Br. Ron