Good for the soul

  • Br. Ron
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22, 2002
      I think prayer requests are really essential.

      Most of us occasionally forget the power of prayer
      and I for one, really appreciate the reminder..

      Almost as important as the prayer itself, is reaching
      that point where we can confess our inadequacies
      enough to ask for others to pray for us.

      This requires a self abnegation not yet present in
      most of us who are used to being dependent upon
      our own metaphysics.

      It often requires an illness or some other event of
      personal impotence to bring us to the point of asking
      thus.

      Yet, we are told:

      "Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray
      for one another so that ye may be healed.
      The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish
      much."

      So it seems, that in spite of the weakness, fortunate is
      he who can arrive at the emptiness required to ask for a
      prayer from others.

      Just to make sure I practice what I preach,
      I would like to confess my general disconnectedness to
      my body. Getting in touch with my physical vehicle is
      probably the greatest frontier of my personal growth.

      I would like to ask for your prayers in helping me to
      accomplish this greater awareness. (Just a quick word
      sent to the Heavens on my behalf would be appreciated)

      Likewise, I shall pray for all of you. (Especially for those
      who openly ask for it and give a specific focus for the
      requested prayer)

      I light candles on my altar for all who desire it.

      Love

      Br. Ron