  • DRStarman2001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21 8:34 AM
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      The cycle of the year can be a meditation through which you can sense the
      Beings that are behind the changing seasons, and Steiner gave out the
      'Calendar of the Soul' to do this. It's 52 meditative mantras enabling you to
      consciously experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within you as
      well as in outer Nature in the course of the year. These are well known to
      many anthroposophists; but the original Calendar published in 1912 ALSO
      contained 12 Images of the Zodiac (to be meditated on to sense the working of
      the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day), a listing of the Moon's phase
      and position in the constellations each night (for sensing the 'lunar'
      forces), and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected with
      specific days of the week. We're presenting all that here. First, here is the
      mantra in the original German and in translation:

      * M A N T R A # 4 *
      Ich fühle Wesen meines Wesens:
      So spricht Empfindung,
      Die in der sonnerhellten Welt
      Mit Lichtesfluten sich vereint;
      Sie will dem Denken
      Zur Klarheit Wärme schenken
      Und Mensch und Welt
      In Einheit fest verbinden.

      “I feel the essence of my essence”:
      So speaks Sensation,
      That in the sun-illumined World
      With flooding light becomes one;
      It will join warmth
      To Thinking‘s Clarity,
      And Man and World
      In oneness bind fast together.

      Our thinking is drawn out by our senses, to find our connection to the
      cosmos. The returning light makes us feel our essence is similar to it, and
      as we join our thinking to the senses, we re-unite it with the world.

      **********************************
      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Aries from
      Apr. 14th to 30th in our era. The symbolic image of Aries done from Steiner's
      sketches & indications is attached to this post as a JPEG, although it may go
      through to you or not, depending on your settings. We're at work on a web
      site so we could send links that would always enable you to see it.

      Sunday April 21st. Moon Leo. Mohammed born 571.
      Monday April 22nd. Moon Virgo. Kant born 1724.
      Tuesday April 23rd. Moon Virgo. George (slayer of the Dragon, that
      according to legend lived in the time of Diocletian). Shaespeare born 1564.
      Wednesday April 24th. Moon Libra. Sigmund.
      Thursday April 25th. Moon Libra. Mark the Evangelist
      Friday April 26th. Moon Scorpio. Full Moon. Uhland born 1787.
      Saturday April 27th. Moon Scorpio. Tertullian (famous Church teacher of
      the 3rd century). Socrates born 470 B.C. Emerson died 1882.

      Dr. Starman