soul calenadar wek 4
- week 04 ALL 4th week of April.doc is attachedChecked by antivirus Norton updated 2002 04 18Have a good weekFor my part I like to draw the forms with he colours for lighting and eurythmists and put as much or as little as I feel on paper.Franky
Week 4, 4th week of April.
How to breathe with each verse of Calendar of the Soul?
· The Stage lights gives one way, often forward on the prologue- as it is through the text - and reverse order in the epilogue.
· The forms, another: are there one or many forms?
· The colours of the veils, yet another;
· The sounding breath (of the eurythmic movement) sounds of vowels or consonants or both, this is still another variation of the breathing of the weekly verse. A few sound in the prologue and epilogue, and eurythmic sounds done while the text is recited. Some times the recitation is done before and the whole piece is moved in silence.
There are three eurythmists on the stage,
Prologue: or how to breathe before the verse:
Colour of eurythmists:
Surrounding them is a colour on their veil; they move their feelings according to that colour;
Colour of stage lights:
Surrounding them is a colour from the stage lights; they move their feelings according to that colour;
First part: yellow, foot lights: red and white.
Second part: ADDING RED, foot lights: adding red
Third part: GREEN, foot lights: green.
They move in the mood of different sounds of the alphabet, in a sequence:
3:L Ei / I R/ E /S.
*The vowel sounds are as in the original German so in English: A is [Ah], E is [Eh], I is [ee], O is[Oh], U is [oo],
and Ei is as in [by]
Then during the recitation
1 and 2 do the consonants of the text
3 does the consonants.
Lines 1-4: ABOVE: yellow, foot lights: red and white.
Ich fühle Wesen meines Wesens:
So spricht Empfindung,
Die in der sonnerhellten Welt
Mit Lichtesfluten sich vereint;
Lines 5-6: ABOVE: ADDING RED, foot lights: adding red
Sie will dem Denken
Zur Klarheit Wärme schenken
Und Mensch und Welt
Line 8: ABOVE: GREEN, foot lights: green.
In Einheit fest verbinden.
Lighting and sounds as prologue, usually in reverse order.
They move the prologue forms
John Salters translation:
I sense the essence of my being:
Thus does feeling speak
Which unites with the flooding light
In the sun-bright world.
It would bring warmth
Into clarity of thinking
And bind fast in one
The human being and the world.
Is autumn's calm and winter's hope.
© C4E 2002
for more information: eurythmy@... 7