Soul-Calendar

  • starmann77@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 12, 2000
      THE "SOUL-CALENDAR": 50th week after Easter

      Here is the “Soul-Calendar” verse for this week, in German and English.
      Steiner’s Soul-Calendar consists of 52 meditative verses designed to enable a
      meditator to experience the astral or “soul” events within us in the course
      of the year. Many people know of the verses, but, in addition to a mantra for
      each week, in the original were 12 drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on,
      to sense the spiritual working of the solar forces in the cosmos in the
      daytime monthly, and the Moon's position in the constellations was given for
      each night, to sense the lunar forces each evening.

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Pisces from
      Mar. 9th to April 13th in our era. (Unfortunately we can’t send Steiner’s
      symbolic images of the constellations through this medium yet.) The Moon
      positions and phases are listed each night. Along with these are some of the
      birth & death days of famous persons Steiner published with the first ‘Seelenc
      alendar’ in 1912: their lives and contributions are fruitful material for
      contemplation on their days. I’m in the process of translating these to
      restore the Calendar to its intended use with the spiritual-historical, solar
      and lunar connections.

      *******50th Week after Easter.
      Es spricht zum Menschen-Ich
      Sich machtvoll offenbarend,
      Und seines Wesens Kräfte lösend
      Des Weltendaseins Werdelust:
      In dich mein Lebend tragen
      Aus seinem Zauberbanne
      Erreiche ich mein wahres Ziel.

      There speaks to Man’s I
      With mighty revelation,
      And its Essence’s Power unloosing
      The World-Existence’s Growth-Joy:
      “In you my Life carrying
      Out of its magic spell
      I reach my true aim.”

      The 50th week after Easter:
      SUN. 3/12 Moon Taurus. Half Moon. Gregory (famous Pope of the 6th
      century, Introducer of Choral-Singing). 1365 University of Vienna founded.

      MON. 3/13 Moon Gemini. 1781 Uranus discovered by Herschel.
      TUES. 3/14 Moon Gemini. Abigail (David’s Wife). Eutychius (Christian
      writer of the 10th century, who wrote a History of the World from the
      Creation down to his time). Mathildis (bringer of Christendom to Germany in
      the 10th century). Zacharias. Klopstock died 1803.
      WED. 3/15 Moon Cancer. Christopher (who carried a Youth over the river,
      then saw that in him he had carried the Christ-Child). Longinus (captain in
      command in Matthew’s Gospel).
      THURS. 3/16 Moon Cancer. 1858 Nees v. Esenbeck died.
      FRI. 3/17 Moon Leo. Patrick (Bringer of Christendom to Ireland). 180 Marcus
      Aurelius died.
      SAT. 3/18 Moon Leo. Day of Remembrance of the First Day of the World.

      ***For those not familiar with the use of mantrams:
      Anthroposophy is a Western path of knowledge which begins with reading of
      books and use of the ordinary logical mind; then, an intensification process
      can be begun by the use of visual images Steiner gave out called
      "Imaginations" and reciting mantras or combinations of words which leads a
      step higher to "Inspirations." (The 12 signs of the Zodiac, for instance, are
      Imaginations.) The meaning of the words of a mantra as read at first sight is
      not the essential thing, but rather the repetitive recitation of them and
      entering with deeper soul-forces into the inner experience of what is
      described. Also, the mantrams were created in the German language and have
      their rhythm from this, so that learning an English version is just a step to
      learning to use the real mantram in the original, which is much preferred.
      (Chanting "the jewel in the lotus" is very different from "Om mani padme
      hum.") Steiner spoke often of the specialness of the German tongue, and how
      it had preserved words lost by other Indo-Aryan languages, and said that it
      could become what Sanscrit was in old Vedic times: the language in which
      spirit-truths are expressed. In translating, I have tried to keep close to
      the original so that one can most easily step from the English to the German.

      FOR ST. PATRICK’S DAY:
      St Patrick used an ancient Gaelic invocation called the Lorica, or the
      “Breastplate”, as a magical invocation of Divine protection. It is used in
      anthroposophical Speech-Formation and Eurythmy. I translate it here:

      St. Patrick’s Lorica

      ”I arise to-day Depth of sea,
      Through the strength of heaven; Stability of earth,
      Light of Sun, Firmness of rock.
      Radiance of Moon, I arise today
      Splendour of fire, In acceptance of the
      Three,
      Speed of Lightning, Supported by the One.
      Swiftness of wind,

      Dr.
      Starman

      Thanx to Bruce for the umlauts.*******
    • DoctorStarman@aol.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 17, 2000
        THIS WEEK’S SOUL-CALENDAR
        Here’s the Soul-Calendar verse for the 9th week after Easter, in German
        and English. Spiritual Science’s Soul-Calendar is 52 meditative verses
        designed to enable one to experience the astral or soul events occurring both
        within us and in the astral “atmosphere” of Earth in the course of the year.

        * T H E M A N T R A *
        Vergessend meine Willenseigenheit
        Erfüllet Weltenwärme sommerkündend
        Mir Geist und Seelenwesen;
        Im Lichte mich zu verlieren
        Gebietet mir das Geisteschauen,
        Und kraftvoll kündet Ahnung mir:
        Verieren dich, und dich zu finden.

        Forgetting my Egohood’s Will,
        The World-Warmth, heralding Summer,
        Fills my Spirit and Soul-Essence;
        To lose myself in the Light,
        The Spirit-Vision commands me,
        And powerfully prophesies to me:
        Lose yourself, and yourself you’ll find.

        * T H E W E E K *
        In addition to the mantrams, the original Soul-Calendar contained 12
        drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar
        forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's position in the
        constellations was given for each night to sense the lunar forces. The Sun,
        according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Gemini from June 16th to
        July 20th in our era; the symbolic image of Gemini executed from sketches &
        indictations by the Doctor is attached to this post. The Moon positions and
        phases are listed below for each night, along with some of the birth & death
        days of famous persons published in the first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives
        and contributions are fruitful material for contemplation on their days. I’m
        translating these to restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full
        spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

        SUNDAY June18th. Moon Capricornus. Markus.
        MONDAY June 19th. Moon Capricornus. Council of Nicea 325 A.D.
        TUESDAY June 20th. Moon Aquarius. Silverius.
        WEDNESDAY June 21st. Moon Aquarius. Eusebius.
        THURSDAY June 22nd. Moon Aquarius. Wilhelm von Humboldt born 1767.
        FRIDAY June 23rd. Moon Pisces. Colombus born 1456.
        SATURDAY June 24th. Moon Pisces. John the Baptist (St. John’s Day).

        Anthroposophy is a Western path of knowledge which begins with the use of
        the logical mind, which is then intensified by the use of visual images
        called "Imaginations" and reciting mantras which lead to "Inspirations." The
        meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not the essential thing,
        but rather the repetitive recitation of it and entering with deeper soul
        forces into the inner experience of what is described. Also, these mantras
        were created in the German language and have their rhythms in it, so learning
        an English version is just a first step to using the mantram in the original.
        (Chanting "the jewel in the lotus" is different from "Om mani padme hum!")
        Steiner spoke of how German had preserved words lost by other Indo Aryan
        languages, and could be what Sanskrit was in olden times: the language in
        which spirit-truths are expressed. So in translating, I’ve tried to keep
        close to the original so that one can easily go from English to German.
        Dr. Starman*******
      • starmann77@aol.com
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 25, 2000
          THIS WEEK’S SOUL-CALENDAR

          Here’s the Soul-Calendar for this 10th week after Easter; it has 52
          meditative mantras that enable one to experience astral/soul events occurring
          within in the course of the year. The verse is given in German and English.

          Zu sommerlichen Höhen
          Erhebt der Sonne leuchtend Wesen sich;
          Es nimmt mein menschlich Fühlen
          In seine Raumesweiten mit.
          Erahnend regt im Innern sich
          Empfindung, dumpf mir kündend,
          Erkennen wirst du einst:
          Dich fühle jetzt ein Gotteswesen.

          To summer-like Heights
          Rises the Sun’s Light-filled Essence;
          It draws my human Feeling
          Into the widths of Space with it.
          In presentiment of the future there stirs within
          Sensation, dimly prophesying to me
          You will realize one day:
          You feel now a God’s Essence.

          Anthroposophy is a path of knowledge which begins with the use of the
          logical mind, which is then intensified by the use of visual images called
          "Imaginations" and reciting mantras which draws in "Inspirations." The
          meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not the essential thing,
          but rather the repetitive recitation of it and entering with deeper
          soul-forces into the inner experience of what is described. Also, the
          mantras were created in the German language and have their rhythms in that,
          so learning an English version is just a first step to using the mantram in
          the original. (Chanting "the jewel in the lotus" is different from "Om mani
          padme hum," for example.) Steiner spoke of how German had preserved words
          lost by other languages, and could be for us what Sanskrit was in olden
          times: the language in which spirit-truths are expressed. So in translating,
          I’ve tried to keep close to the original, so that one can easily go from
          English to German.

          * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

          In addition to the mantrams, the aàoposophical Soul-Calendar originally
          contained 12 drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working
          of the solar forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's position in the
          constellations was given for each night, to sense the lunar forces. The Sun,
          according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Gemini from June 16th to
          July 20th in our era. A symbolic image of Gemini executed from sketches &
          indictations by the Doctor is attached to this post. The Moon positions and
          phases are listed below for each night, along with some of the birth & death
          days of famous persons published in the first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives
          and contributions are fruitful material for contemplation on their days. I’m
          translating these to restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full
          spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

          Sunday June 25th. Moon Pisces. Wilhelm Jordan died 1904.
          Monday June 26th. Moon Aries. Julian the Apostate died 363 A.D.
          Tuesday June 27th. Moon Aries. Phillipina.
          Wednesday June 28th. Moon Taurus. Leo.
          Thursday June 29th. Moon Taurus. Festival of Peter and Paul. Rubens born
          1577.
          Friday June 30th. Moon Gemini. Festival in Memory of Paul.
          Saturday July 1st. Moon Gemini. New Moon. Partial Lunar Eclipse. G.W.
          Leibnitz born 1646.

          Dr. Starman*******
        • starmann77@aol.com
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 1, 2000
            THIS WEEK’S SOUL-CALENDAR

            Here’s the Soul-Calendar verse for this 11th week after Easter, in German
            and English. It has 52 meditative mantras that enable one to experience
            astral/soul events occurring within one in the course of the year.

            Es ist in dieser Sonnenstunde
            An dir, die weise Kunde zu enkennen;
            An Weltenschönheit hingegeben,
            In dir dich fühlend zu durchleben:
            Verlieren kann das Menschen-Ich
            Und finden sich im Welten-Ich.

            It is in this sun-hour
            For you, the wise prophecy to know;
            To World-Beauty given over,
            In you your feeling to experience:
            Man's I can lose itself
            And find itself in the World-I.

[...]

            Sunday July 2nd. Moon Cancer. 1778 Rousseau died.
            Monday July 3rd. Moon Cancer. Anatolius.
            Tuesday July 4th. Moon Leo. Ulrich.
            Wednesday July 5th. Moon Leo. Cyril and Methodius. Hosea (Prophet).
            Thursday July 6th. Moon Virgo. Hus born 1369; Hus burned at the stake 1415.
            1502 University of Wittenberg founded.
            Friday July 7th. Moon Virgo. Demetrius.
            Saturday July 8th. Moon Libra. First Quarter. Aquila and Priscilla.

            Dr. Starman*******
          • DoctorStarman@aol.com
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 8, 2000
              THIS WEEK’S SOUL-CALENDAR

              Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 12th week after Easter---the mood of
              "St. John's Tide". The 'Calendar' has 52 meditative mantras that can enable
              you to experience 'astral' or soul events occurring within you in the course
              of the year. The verse is below, in the original German and in an English
              translation.

              Der Welten Schönheitsglanz,
              Er zwinget mich aus Seelentiefen
              Des Eigenlebens Götterkrafte
              Zum Weltenfluge zu entbinden;
              Mich selber zu verlassen,
              Vertrauend nur mich suchend
              Im Weltenlicht und Weltenwärme.

              The world's beautiful glitter
              Forces me, out of Soul's Deeps,
              My individual life's godly forces
              To World-Flowing to release;
              My self to abandon
              Trusting only in my seeking
              In World-Light and World-Warmth.

              (For those not familiar with the use of mantras:
              Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of visual images called
              "Imaginations", which awaken 'spiritual sight' and the recitation of mantras,
              which draw in "Inspirations" or 'spiritual hearing'. The meaning of the
              words of a mantra at first sight is not the essential thing, but rather the
              recitation of it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner
              experience. These mantras were also created in the German language and have
              their rhythm in it, so learning an English version should be just a step to
              using the original: chanting "The jewel in the lotus" is very different from
              "Om mani padme hum"! Steiner spoke of how German has preserved words lost by
              other languages, and could be for us today what Sanskrit was in olden times:
              THE language in which spirit-truths are expressed. In translating therefore,
              I’ve tried to keep close to the original, so that anyone can easily go from
              English to German.)

              * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

              In addition to the mantrams, the anthroposophical Soul-Calendar
              originally contained 12 drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense
              the working of the solar forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's
              position in the constellations was given for each night, to sense the lunar
              forces. (The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Gemini
              from June 16th to July 20th in our era; a symbolic image of Gemini executed
              from sketches & indictations by the Doctor is attached to this post.) The
              Moon positions and phases are listed below for each night, along with some of
              the birth & death days of famous persons published in the first
              ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material for
              contemplation on their days. I’m translating these to restore the Calendar to
              its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

              Sunday July 9th. Moon Libra. Anatolia.
              Monday July 10th. Moon Scorpius. 1509 Calvin born.
              Tuesday July 11th. Moon Scorpius. Pius I.
              Wednesday July 12th. Moon Sagittarius. 1536 Erasmus of Rotterdam died.
              Thursday July 13th. Moon Sagittarius. 1889 Robert Hamerling died.
              Friday July 14th. Moon Capricornus. 1801 Johannes Müller (the Natural
              Scientist)
              born.
              Saturday July 15th. Moon Capricornus. The Day that, according to legend, the
              Apostles set out on their missions and each chose a different region to
              go to.
              1099 The Crusaders stormed Jerusalem.

              Dr. Starman*******
            • DoctorStarman@aol.com
              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 18, 2000
                THIS WEEK’S SOUL-CALENDAR (Late)

                Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 13th week after Easter. The Calendar's
                52 meditative mantras enable one to experience 'astral' or soul events
                occurring within in the course of the year; it's in the original German and
                in English.

                Und bin ich in den Sinneshöhen,
                So flammt in meinen Seelentiefen
                Aus Geistes Feuerwelten
                Der Götter Wahrheitswort:
                In Geistesgründen suche ahnend
                Dich geistverwand zu finden.

                And when I am in the Senses' Heights
                There flames up in my Soul's Deeps
                Out of Spirit Fire-Worlds
                The Gods' Truth-Word:
                In Spirit-Ground seek expectantly
                Your spirit-relation to find.

                Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of visual images called
                "Imaginations", which awaken spiritual sight, and the recitation of mantras,
                which draw in "Inspirations" to begin 'spiritual hearing'. The surface
                meaning of the words of a mantra is not the essential thing, but rather the
                recitation of it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner
                experience. These mantras were also created in the German language and have
                their rhythm in it, so learning an English version is just a step to using
                the original. Steiner spoke of how German has preserved words lost by other
                languages, and could be for us today what Sanskrit was in olden times: THE
                language in which spirit-truths are expressed. In translating therefore, I’ve
                tried to keep close to the original, so that anyone can easily go from
                English to German.

                * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

                In addition to the mantrams, the anthroposophical Soul-Calendar
                originally contained 12 drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense
                the working of the solar forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's
                position in the constellations was given for each night, to sense the lunar
                forces. (The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Gemini
                from June 16th to July 20th in our era; a symbolic image of Gemini executed
                from sketches & indictations by the Doctor is attached to this post.
                Unfortunately we don't yet have the symbol for Cancer; perhaps next week.)
                The Moon positions and phases are listed below for each night, along with
                some of the birth & death days of famous persons published in the first
                ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material for
                contemplation on their days. I’m translating these to restore the Calendar to
                its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

                Sunday July 16th. Moon Capricornus. The Flight of Muhammed 622 A.D. (Hegira).
                Monday July 17th. Moon Aquarius. Leo IV.
                Tuesday July 18th. Moon Aquarius. St. Thomas Aquinas.
                Wednesday July 19th. Moon Pisces. St. Vincent de Paul.
                Thursday July 20th. Moon Pisces. The Prophet Elijah (Elias).
                Friday July 21st. Moon Pisces. Daniel.
                Saturday July 22nd. Moon Aries. Last Quarter. Mary Magdalene. The astronomer
                Bessel born 1784.

                Dr. Starman*******
              • DoctorStarman@aol.com
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 23, 2000
                  Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 14th week after Easter, in the
                  original German and in English. The Calendar's 52 meditative mantras enable
                  one to experience 'astral' or soul events occurring within in the course of
                  the year.

                  An Sinnesoffenbarung hingegeben,
                  Verlor ich Eigenwesens Trieb,
                  Gedankentraum, er schien
                  Betäubend mir das Selbst zu rauben,
                  Doch weckend nahet schon
                  In Sinnenschein mir Weltendenken.

                  To Senses' offerings given over
                  I lose Self-Essence's Drive;
                  Dreaminess of Thinking, it seems
                  To bewilder me, the Self to rob,
                  But a waking now approaches
                  From Senses' Shining in me of World-Thinking.

                  Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of images called
                  "Imaginations", which awaken spiritual sight, and mantras for spiritual
                  hearing or "Inspirations". The surface meaning of the words of a mantra is
                  not the essential thing, but rather the recitation of it and entering with
                  deeper soul-forces into its inner experience. These mantras were also
                  created in the German language and have their rhythms in it, so learning an
                  English version is just a step to using the original. Steiner spoke of how
                  German has preserved words lost by other languages, and could be for us today
                  what Sanskrit was in olden times: THE language in which spirit-truths are
                  expressed. In translating therefore, I’ve tried to keep close to the
                  original, so that anyone can easily go from English to German.

                  * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

                  In addition to the mantrams, the Soul-Calendar originally contained 12
                  drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar
                  forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's position in the
                  constellations was given for each night, to sense the lunar forces. (The Sun,
                  according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Cancer from July 21st to
                  Aug. 3rd in our era. Unfortunately we don't yet have the image of Cancer to
                  send.) The Moon positions and phases are listed below for each night, along
                  with some of the birth & death days of famous persons published in the first
                  ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material for
                  contemplation on their days. We’re translating these to restore the Calendar
                  to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

                  Sunday July 23rd. Moon Aries. Apollinaris, School of Peter. Syrus, Christian
                  Teacher in Justinian's Time.
                  Monday July 24th. Moon Aries. Christiana.
                  Tuesday July 25th. Moon Taurus. St. Chistopher.
                  Wednesday July 26th. Moon Taurus. Anna.
                  Thursday July 27th. Moon Gemini. Martha.
                  Friday July 28th. Moon Gemini. 1750 Johann Seb. Bach died. 1794 Robespierre
                  executed.1804 Philosopher Ludwig Feuerbach born.
                  Saturday July 29th. Moon Cancer. Simplicius. 1856 Robert Schumann died.

                  Dr. Starman*******
                • starmann77@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 28, 2000
                    THE "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"
                    Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 19th week after Easter. The Calendar's
                    52 meditative mantras enable you to experience the 'astral' or soul events
                    occurring within you in the course of the year. It's in the original German
                    and in English.

                    Geheimnisvoll das Neu-Empfang'ne
                    Mit der Erinnerung zu umschliessen,
                    Sie meines Strebens weitrer Sinn:
                    Es soll starkend Eigenkräfte
                    In meinem Innern wecken
                    Und werdend mich mir selber geben.

                    Mysteriously the newly-received
                    Within the Memory to enclose,
                    Be my Striving's wider Sense:
                    It will strongly Self-forces
                    In my Inner being awaken,
                    And evolving me, give me my self.

                    Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of images called
                    "Imaginations" which awaken 'spiritual sight', and mantras which begin
                    'spiritual hearing' or "Inspirations". The meaning of the words of a mantra
                    at first sight is not the essential thing, but rather reciting it and
                    entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
                    These mantras were also, of course, created in the German language and
                    have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to
                    using the original. Steiner spoke of how German has preserved words lost by
                    other languages, and could be for us today what Sanskrit was in olden times:
                    THE language in which spirit-truths are expressed. In translating therefore,
                    I’ve tried to keep close to the original, so that anyone can easily go from
                    English to German.

                    This week's verse:
                    The 'newly-received' refers to what has been received since the start of
                    summer within. This week, one's striving is to take this and enclose it
                    within the memory, lay it to rest there to work from there from now on. This
                    'seed' planted there of experience remembered will grow in the future to
                    become the basis of a new self-feeling, as we work with it to grow into being
                    a wholly new person.

                    * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

                    In addition to the mantrams, the anthroposophical Soul-Calendar
                    originally contained 12 drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense
                    the working of the solar forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's
                    position in the constellations was given for each night, to sense the lunar
                    forces. The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Leo from
                    Aug. 4th to Sept. 7th in our era. (Unfortunately the symbolic image of Leo
                    executed from sketches & indictations by the Doctor cannot be sent with this
                    post due to technical problems.) The Moon positions and phases are listed
                    below for each night, along with some of the birth & death days of famous
                    persons published in the first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and
                    contributions are fruitful material for contemplation on their days. I’m
                    translating these to restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full
                    spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

                    Sunday August 27th Moon Leo. 1770 Hegel born.
                    Monday August 28th Moon Leo. Augustine, the famous Church leader died 430.
                    1749 Goethe born.
                    Tuesday August 29th Moon Leo. New Moon. Beheading of John the Baptist.
                    Wednesday August 30th Moon Virgo. 1856 John Ross, the discoverer of the
                    magnetic North Pole died.
                    Thursday August 31st Moon Virgo. Joshua, the successor to Moses. 1821 the
                    Natural Scientist Helmholtz born.
                    Friday Sept. 1st Moon Libra. Firminus.
                    Saturday Sept 2nd Moon Libra. Absalom.

                    *******Dr. Starman
                  • Wayne Fischer
                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 1, 2000
                      Hello,

                      I'm excited to see that there are others who are into the Soul-
                      Calendar just as much as myself. I have written a Master's Thesis
                      using the Soul-Calendar as a basis to explore Steiner's theory of
                      human development. If you are interested in reading it you can inter-
                      library loan it from Boise State University or from the Steiner house
                      at Ann Arbor Michigan. I'm interested in re-writing and adding a lot
                      more information as a means to help people learn how to
                      anthroposophically meditate and learn about Steiner's method of
                      contemplation, so if you could offer a valid critique of the work I
                      would be appreciative. Thanks Wayne Fischer.

                    • starmann77@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 15 , Sep 2, 2000
                        THE "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"
                        Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 20th week after Easter. The Calendar's
                        52 meditative mantras enable you to experience the 'astral' or soul events
                        occurring within you in the course of the year. It's in the original German
                        and in English.

                        So fühl ich erst mein Sein,
                        Das fern vom Welten-Dasein
                        In sich, sich selbst erlöschen
                        Und bauend nur auf eignem Grunde
                        In sich, sich selbst ertöten müsste.

                        So feel I first my Being
                        That far from World-Existence
                        In itself, itself loses
                        And building only out of its own Ground
                        In itself, itself must die.

                        Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of images called
                        "Imaginations" which awaken 'spiritual sight', and mantras which begin
                        'spiritual hearing' or "Inspirations". The meaning of the words of a mantra
                        at first sight is not the essential thing, but rather reciting it and
                        entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
                        These mantras were also, of course, created in the German language and
                        have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to
                        using the original. Steiner spoke of how German has preserved words lost by
                        other languages, and could be for us today what Sanskrit was in olden times:
                        THE language in which spirit-truths are expressed. In translating therefore,
                        I’ve tried to keep close to the original, so that anyone can easily go from
                        English to German.

                        This week's mantram:
                        This week one begins to feel one's self for the first time since 'losing'
                        it in the light & warmth of the summer; but along with this is the feeling
                        that oneself, isolated from the world, will perish along with all that one
                        attempts to build from self, if that is the sole basis of one's creations.

                        * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

                        In addition to the mantrams, the anthroposophical Soul-Calendar
                        originally contained 12 drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense
                        the working of the solar forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's
                        position in the constellations was given for each night, to sense the lunar
                        forces. The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Leo from
                        August 4th to September 7th (and then enters the influence of the Virgin) in
                        our era. (Unfortunately we cannot send the symbolic images executed from
                        sketches & indictations by the Doctor with this post.) The Moon positions and
                        phases are listed below for each night, along with some of the birth & death
                        days of famous persons published in the first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives
                        and contributions are fruitful material for contemplation on their days. I’m
                        translating these to restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full
                        spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

                        Sunday September 3rd. Moon Libra. Eusebius.
                        Monday September 4th. Moon Scorpius. Marcellus, School of Peter. Moses.
                        Tuesday September 5th. Moon Scorpius. First Quarter. Nathaniel (he who in
                        John's
                        Gospel was named a 'true Israelite').
                        Wednesday September 6th. Moon Sagittarius. Zacharias the Prophet. 1729 Moses
                        Mendelssohn born. 1809 the Biblical critic Bruno
                        Bauer born.
                        Thursday September 7th. Moon Sagittarius. Regina.
                        Friday September 8th. Moon Capricornus. Birth of Mary. Corbinianus, spreader
                        of
                        Christianity in France & Germany in the 8th
                        century.
                        Saturday September 9th. Moon Capricornus. 1828 Tolstoy born.

                        *******Dr. Starman
                      • starmann77@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 15 , Sep 10, 2000
                          THE "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"
                          Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 21st week after Easter. The Calendar's
                          52 meditative mantras enable you to experience the 'astral' or soul events
                          occurring within you in the course of the year. It's in the original German
                          and in English.

                          Ich fühle fruchtend fremde Macht
                          Sich stärkend mir mich selbst verleihn,
                          Den Keim empfind ich reifend
                          Und Ahnung lichtvoll weben
                          Im Innern an der Selbstheit Macht.

                          I feel bearing fruit a foreign Power
                          Which strengthens me, my self to bestow,
                          I sense the Seed ripening
                          And a premonition of light-filled weaving together
                          Of my Innermost onto the Selfhood's Might.

                          Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of images called
                          "Imaginations" which awaken 'spiritual sight', and mantras which begin
                          'spiritual hearing' or "Inspirations". The meaning of the words of a mantra
                          at first sight is not the essential thing, but rather reciting it and
                          entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
                          These mantras were also, of course, created in the German language and
                          have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to
                          using the original. Steiner spoke of how German has preserved words lost by
                          other languages, and could be for us today what Sanskrit was in olden times:
                          THE language in which spirit-truths are expressed. In translating therefore,
                          I’ve tried to keep close to the original, so that anyone can easily go from
                          English to German.

                          This week's mantram:
                          Last week one felt one's self for the first time since 'losing' it (in
                          the Summer light & warmth); but along with this was an acute sense that one
                          would perish along with all one's creations if built from that self alone.
                          This week, the spiritual 'seed' that was planted in the summer 'waking
                          dream-state' reaches a stage of ripening where it may begin to 'lend' to us a
                          'spiritual Self' instead; and we have a strong fore-sensing this will be able
                          to join with the deepest inner forces which the ordinary self would not be
                          able to tap into.

                          * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

                          In addition to the mantrams, the anthroposophical Soul-Calendar
                          originally contained 12 drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense
                          the working of the solar forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's
                          position in the constellations was given for each night, to sense the lunar
                          forces. The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Virgo
                          from September 8th to October 12th in our era. (Unfortunately we can't send
                          the the symbolic image with this post; next week!) The Moon positions and
                          phases are listed below for each night, along with some of the birth & death
                          days of famous persons published in the first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives
                          and contributions are fruitful material for contemplation on their days. I’m
                          translating these to restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full
                          spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

                          Sunday September 10th. Moon Capricornus. Sosthenus (by Paul made a leader).
                          Monday September 11th. Moon Aquarius. Abraham (Race-father of the Old Hebrew
                          People).
                          Tuesday September 12th. Moon Aquarius. Tobias.
                          Wednesday September 13th. Moon Pisces. Full Moon. 1872 the Philosopher Ludwig
                          Feuerbach died.
                          Thursday September 14th. Moon Pisces. Festival of the High Cross. Heraclius,
                          brought in 629 the Cross of Christ to Constantinople. 1769 Alexander
                          von
                          Humboldt born. 1887 The Philosopher Freidrich Theodore Vischer died.
                          Friday September 15th. Moon Aries. Nicodemus (who in John's Gospel was made a
                          leader).
                          Saturday September 16th. Moon Aries. 1736 The Natural Scientist Farenheit
                          died.

                          *******Dr. Starman
                        • starmann77@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 15 , Sep 23, 2000
                            THE "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"
                            Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 23rd week after Easter. The Calendar's
                            52 meditative mantras enable you to experience the 'astral' or soul events
                            occurring within you in the course of the year. It's in the original German
                            and in English.

                            Es dämpfet herbstlich sich
                            Der Sinne Reizesstreben;
                            In Lichtesoffenbarung mischen
                            Der Nebel dumpfe Schleier sich.
                            Ich selber schau in Raumesweiten
                            Des Herbstes Winterschlaf.
                            Der Sommer hat an mich
                            Sich selber hingegeben.

                            There is muffled Autumnally
                            The Senses' streaming Charms;
                            In Light-Revealings is mingled
                            The Fog's musty Veil.
                            I myself see in Space-Widenesses
                            The Autumn's Winter-Sleep.
                            The Summer has to me
                            Its own self given over.

                            Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of images called
                            "Imaginations" which awaken 'spiritual sight', and mantras which begin
                            'spiritual hearing' or "Inspirations". The meaning of the words of a mantra
                            at first sight is not the essential thing, but rather reciting it and
                            entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience. These mantras
                            were also, of course, created in the German language and have their rhythms
                            in it, so learning an English version is just a step to using the original.
                            Steiner spoke of how German has preserved words lost by other languages, and
                            could be for us today what Sanskrit was in olden times: THE language in which
                            spirit-truths are expressed. In translating therefore, I’ve tried to keep
                            close to the original, so that anyone can easily go from English to German.

                            This week's mantram:
                            Last week, that which was received spiritually from the Summer Light and
                            Warmth was felt as an ongoing power within releasing the fruit of its
                            working, to evolve a Self out of the World-Self. This is because, at the time
                            of change from Summer to Winter, we cease to be conscious of the external
                            world and instead become conscious again of ourselves, as if awakening from a
                            summer dream-state. Our Nature-Consciousness strives to become inner Self
                            Consciousness, but at first we may feel fear due to no longer being able to
                            lean on outer things for consciousness, which is why the symbol of the
                            warrior archangel is placed before us at Michaelmas, summoning us to have
                            courage, for we are not going to die as our summer nature-consciousness
                            wanes, but rather wake up. This week's verse is the first appearance of
                            Autumn dulling the senses' summer brilliance; but that which has been gained
                            from the summer-experience now becomes our inner self-experience.

                            * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

                            In addition to the mantrams, the Soul-Calendar originally contained 12
                            drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar
                            forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's position in the
                            constellations was given for each night to sense the lunar forces. The Sun,
                            according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Virgo from September 8th
                            to October 12th in our era. (The symbolic image for Virgo is attached to this
                            post.) The Moon positions and phases are listed below for each night, along
                            with some of the birth & death days of famous persons published in the first
                            ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material for
                            contemplation on their days. I’m translating these to restore the Calendar to
                            its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

                            Sunday September 24th. Moon Leo. 1750 the Natural Scientist G. Werner born.
                            Monday September 25th. Moon Leo. Cleophas (he who was a leader in the
                            Gospels).
                            Tuesday September 26th. Moon Virgo. Justina, who converted the Cyprian
                            Magicians.
                            Justinianus I, the founder of numerous Churches.
                            Wednesday September 27th. Moon Virgo. New Moon. Cosmas u. Damian, famous
                            medical
                            benefactor of the 3rd Century. 1825 Opening of the first railway.
                            Thursday September 28th. Moon Virgo. 1895 the Natural Scientist Pasteur died.
                            Friday September 29th. Moon Libra. Michael (the Archangel).
                            Saturday September 30th. Moon Libra. Hieronymus, died 420, Christian Church
                            teacher.

                            *******Dr. Starman

                            Happy Michaelmas to all!
                          • DocStarman@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 15 , Oct 8, 2000
                              THE CALENDAR OF THE SOUL
                              Here’s the 25th week after Easter of the "Soul-Calendar". The Calendar has
                              52 meditative mantras which enable you to consciously experience the 'astral'
                              (soul) events occurring within you in the course of the year, 12 images of
                              the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces in the
                              cosmos in the day within this, and the Moon's position in the constellations
                              each night to sense the lunar forces. There's also a list of saints and other
                              spiritual figures and events connected with specific days.
                              The mantra in the original German and in English:

                              Ich darf nun mir gehören
                              Und leuchtend breiten Innenlicht
                              In Raumes- und in Zeitenfinsternis.
                              Zum Schlafe drängt natürlich Wesen,
                              Der Seele Tiefen sollen wachen
                              Qnd wachend tragen Sonnengluten
                              In kalte Winterfluten.

                              I'm allowed only to myself to belong
                              And luminously spread Inner Light
                              Into Space- and Time-darkness.
                              As towards sleep draws all natural Essence,
                              The Souls's Deeps shall awaken
                              And waking, carry the Sun's Glow
                              Into the cold Winter-flowing.

                              (For those not familiar with the use of mantras:
                              The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images ("Imaginations") to awaken
                              spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The
                              meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather
                              reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
                              original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from
                              English to German.)

                              This week's mantram:
                              The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
                              develop Self(inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature(outer)-consciousness
                              we have in summer. Last week, there was an intense becoming aware of self
                              which reached down into the darkest soul-contents, and through this the Will
                              was unleashed. This week this developing self-consciousness places us in a
                              state where it is necessary to be completely alone, so that the Light which
                              is only within can be shed on the otherwise dark outer world. This is the
                              solar essence we carry within us into the night-time of the year.

                              * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

                              The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Virgo from
                              September 8th to October 12th in our era, and comes under the influence of
                              Libra from Oclober 13th on. (The symbolic images done from Steiner's sketches
                              & indications of Virgo and Libra accompany this post as attachments.) The
                              Moon phases and positions in the stars are listed below for each night, along
                              with the birth & death days of famous spiritual figures published in the
                              first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material
                              for contemplation on their days. (I’m in the process of translating these to
                              restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar
                              connections.)

                              Sunday October 8th. Moon Capricornus. Ephraim (Joseph's Son). 1502
                              Founding of the University of Wittenberg.
                              Monday October 9th. Moon Aquarius. Dionysius (he who conducted the
                              counting of the years since the Birth of Christ and decided the the method
                              for fixing the celebration of the Easter festival).
                              Tuesday October 10th. Moon Aquarius. Gideon.
                              Wednesday October 11th. Moon Pisces. 1531 Zwingli died.
                              Thursday October 12th. Moon Pisces. Wilfred (acted for the spreading of
                              Christianity in Sweden in the 11th century).
                              Friday October 13th. Moon Aries. Full Moon. Angelus.
                              Saturday October 14th. Moon Aries. Callistus.

                              *******Dr. Starman
                            • DocStarman@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 15 , Oct 22, 2000
                                THE CALENDAR OF THE SOUL
                                Here’s the 27th week (after Easter) of the Soul-Calendar. The Calendar has
                                52 meditative mantras which enable you to consciously experience the astral
                                or soul events occurring within you in the course of the year, 12 images of
                                the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces into
                                these in the day, and the Moon's position in the constellations is listed for
                                each night to sense the lunar forces which work into the astral as well.
                                Also, there is a list of saints and other spiritual figures and events
                                connected with specific days of the week.
                                The mantra in the original German and in English:

                                In meines Wesens Tiefen dringen:
                                Erregt ein ahnungsvolles Sehnen,
                                Dass ich mich selbstbetrachtend finde,
                                Als Sommersonnengabe, die als Keim
                                In Herbstesstimmung wärmend lebt
                                Als meiner Seele Kräftetriebe.

                                In my essence's deeps is a force:
                                It excites a premonition-filled yearning
                                That I in my self-contemplation find
                                As Summer-Sun's gift, which as a seed
                                In Autumn's approach warming lives
                                As my Soul's Power-Drive.

                                The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images ("Imaginations") to awaken
                                spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The
                                meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not what's important, but
                                experience.
                                original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from
                                English to German.

                                This week's mantram:
                                The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
                                develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature
                                (outer)-consciousness we have in Summer. Two weeks ago this developing
                                self-consciousness placed us in a state of being completely alone; last week
                                this developing ego-consciousness, the gift of the soul's experience in S
                                ummer, we carried into our own Wills & this gave backbone to the drives
                                of our human spirits so that they had a stamp of Self-feeling; this is the
                                solar essence we carry within us into the 'night-time' of the year. This
                                week's verse describes a feeling of simply finding a driving force present in
                                our soul depths as a result of this; when I look within, I find a strong
                                yearning for what I sense must now begin to happen in the future; a powerful
                                force lives in the soul's drives which we must sense as a seed of future
                                development as we press on into the Autumn.

                                * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

                                The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Libra from
                                Oclober 13th to Nov. 9th. (The symbolic image done from Steiner's sketches &
                                indications of Libra accompanies this post as an attachment.) The Moon phases
                                and positions in the stars are listed below for each night, along with the
                                birth & death days of famous spiritual figures published in the first
                                ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material for
                                contemplation on their days. (I’m in the process of translating these to
                                restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar
                                connections.)

                                Sunday October 22nd. Moon Leo. 1811 Franz Liszt born.
                                Monday October 23rd. Moon Leo. Ignatius.
                                Tuesday October 24th. Moon Virgo. Raphael (the Archangel).
                                Wednesday October 25th. Moon Virgo. 1806 Max Stirner born.
                                Thursday October 26th. Moon Libra. Thaddeus (found in Matthew's Gospel).
                                Friday October 27th. Moon Libra. New Moon. Sabina.
                                Saturday October 28th. Moon Scorpius. Simeon and Judas (relatives of
                                Jesus). 1704 John Locke died. 1466 Erasmus of Rotterdam born.

                                *******Dr. Starman
                              • DocStarman@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 15 , Nov 1, 2000
                                  Apologies for this week's going out late. - Starman.
                                  THE CALENDAR OF THE SOUL
                                  Here’s the 28th week after Easter of the "Soul-Calendar". The Calendar has
                                  52 meditative mantras which enable you to consciously experience the 'astral'
                                  (soul) events occurring within you in the course of the year, 12 images of
                                  the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces in the
                                  cosmos into you in the day and the Moon's position in the constellations each
                                  night for sensing the lunar forces, along with the saints and other spiritual
                                  figures and events connected with specific days.
                                  The mantra in the original German and in English:

                                  Ich kann in Innern neu belebt
                                  Erfühlen eignen Wesens Weiten
                                  Und kraftefüllt Gedankenstrahlen
                                  Aus Seelensonnenmacht
                                  Den Lebensrätseln lösend spenden,
                                  Erfüllung manchem Wunsche leihen,
                                  Dem Hoffnung schon die Schwingen lähmte.

                                  I can in Inner newly alive
                                  Feel my own Essence widen
                                  And power-filled Thinking-rays
                                  Out of Soul's Sun-Might
                                  Life-Riddles loosening giving,
                                  Lending fulfillment to many Wishes
                                  Whose Hopes had had their wings lamed.

                                  (For those not familiar with the use of mantras:
                                  The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images ("Imaginations") to awaken
                                  spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The
                                  meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather
                                  reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
                                  original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from
                                  English to German.)

                                  This week's mantram:
                                  The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
                                  develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature
                                  (outer)-consciousness we have in summer. Last week in the soul, there was an
                                  intense becoming aware of itself which reached down into the dark
                                  soul-contents, and through this the Will was unleashed. This week this
                                  developing self-consciousness places us in a state where it is necessary to
                                  be completely alone, so that the Light which is only within can be shed on
                                  the otherwise dark outer world. This is the solar essence we carry within us
                                  into the night-time of the year.

                                  * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

                                  The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Libra from
                                  Oclober 13th to Nov. 9th. (The symbolic image done from Steiner's sketches &
                                  indications of Libra accompanies this post as an attachment.) The Moon phases
                                  and positions in the stars are listed below for each night, along with the
                                  birth & death days of some of the famous spiritual figures published in the
                                  first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material
                                  for contemplation on their days. (I’m in the process of translating these to
                                  restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar
                                  connections.)

                                  Sunday October 29th. Moon Scorpius. Narcissus.
                                  Monday October 30th. Moon Scorpius. Claudius.
                                  Tuesday October 31st. Moon Sagittarius. Wolfgang.
                                  Wednesday November 1st. Moon Sagittarius. Catholic Festival of All Hallows
                                  (became since the seventh century celebrated, as an imitation of the worship
                                  that in the Pantheon in Rome all the heathen Gods were given. The Pantheon
                                  was made a gift to Pope Boniface IV from the Emperor Photius and consecrated
                                  to all the gods.)
                                  Thursday November 2nd. Moon Capricornus. Festival of All Souls (since 1020
                                  as a Catholic Festival established).
                                  Friday November 3rd. Moon Capricornus. Malachi (the Prophet).
                                  Saturday November 4th. Moon Aquarius. First Quarter. 1493 Columbus landed
                                  in Guadaloupe.

                                  *******Dr. Starman