Re: [anthroposophy] Re: Fw: subscribe? Paranoia? This is sick! What are they hiding?

  • Herzeleide
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4, 2002
      You know why, Sarah, and it is time these sick practices by Ark are exposed
      to all. {BTW, hello to your Tom M.} This shows that the Ark is paranoid as
      well as sick in demanding an applicant to be sponsored by a current Ark
      member [giving his/her private home address and personal phone number],
      demanding the applicant's private home address and private home phone number
      [mine is unlisted for privacy], to give your personal background to Ark, to
      detail your Anthroposophical experience, and to explain why one wishes to
      join Ark. Is this an invasion into the privacy and rights of the individual?
      Is it even constitutional? Is there some reason for their requiring an
      applicant to naievely hand out private and personal information to strangers
      by way of internet e-mail, which information is to be used as the Ark
      decides with no control whatsoever by the person to whom it belongs? Very
      dubious and risky internet usage here, and some of us refuse to be
      controlled by Big Brother at his whim.

      Clearly, this tells that Ark is totally paranoid to require such private
      disclosures from an applicant to total strangers, which private information
      is then used at the discretion of the Ark to determine if the applicant is
      "suitable" to be among the members.

      Here is a case of a woman living alone who knows no one on Ark, and who
      refuses to disclose her private home address and private phone number. In
      these times what sane person would give such personal information to total
      strangers, leaving one open to Heavens knows what?

      This describes classic paranoia, exclusiveness, and underhandedness on the
      part of Ark in order to protect something about this Ark list while gaining
      private statistics for some reason only Ark is aware of. What do they have
      to hide? I have been informed Ark is sincerely considering deleting their
      archives to cover up certain facts proving discrimination and totally
      UN-Anthroposophical behavior. The original untouched archieves need to be
      examined for unethical practices, and this is one aspect they are afraid of.
      Aren't they aware their archieves exist outside of Ark?

      Now that you have the *why*, what are your intentions?

      Herzeleide