  • DRStarman2001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2002
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      The cycle of the year can be a meditation in itself, through which you can
      sense the Beings that are behind the changing seasons, and Rudolf Steiner
      gave out the 'Calendar of the Soul' to do this. It's 52 meditative mantras
      enabling you to consciously experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring
      within you as well as in outer Nature in the course of the year. These are
      well known to many anthroposophists; but the original Calendar published in
      1912 ALSO contained 12 Images of the Zodiac (to be meditated on to sense the
      working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day), a listing of the
      Moon's phase and position in the constellations each night (for sensing the
      'lunar' forces), and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected
      with specific days of the week. We're presenting all that here. This week's
      mantra in the original German and in translation:

      * M A N T R A # 4 7 *
      Es will erstehet aus dem Weltenschoss
      Die Sinnenschein erquickend, Werdelust.
      Sie finde meines Denkens Kraft
      Gerüstet durch die Gotteskraft
      Die kräftig mir im Innern leben.

      There will arise out of World-Womb
      The Senses’ shine to quicken, Growth-Joy.
      It shall find my Thinking’s Force
      Prepared through the Gods’ Forces
      That forcefully in my Inner self lives.

      This week's mantram:
      We are heading towards spring and summer, when our inner selves once more
      sleep while the Earth awakens. Last week, the surging new life in the outer
      world would have benumbed our souls if the force of memory hadn't come in to
      play its proper role of preserving the Vision the spirit had of what it
      wishes to create this year. This week, we find joy in that growth, and our
      thinking is prepared to receive it.

      **********************************
      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Aquarius
      from Feb. 9th to Mar. 8th in our era. The symbolic image of the Water-Man
      done from Steiner's sketches & indications is attached to this post.

      Sunday March 3rd. Moon Scorpio. Last Quarter. Kunigunder (husband Heinrich
      I).
      Monday March 4th Moon Sagittarius. Leopold van Buch, Geologist, died 1853.
      Tuesday March 5th Moon Sagittarius. Eusebius (Christian writer of Caesarea in
      the 4th c.), 1512 Mercator the Cartographer born. 1827 Laplace died.

      Wednesday March 6th. Moon Sagittarius. 1274 Thomas Aquinas died. 1475
      Michelangelo born. 1520 Australia was discovered. 1787 Fraunhofer born.
      Thursday March 7th. Moon Capricorn. Felicitas u. Perpetua (Christian martyr
      under the Emperor Severus, thrown to wild beasts in Alexandria).
      Friday March 8th. Moon Capricorn. Philemon (companion of Paul).
      Saturday March 9th. Moon Aquarius. Cyril and Methodius (Greek monks, in the
      10th century proclaimed Christendom in Bulgaria and Eastern Europe. Cyril is
      inventor of the Slav letter-script and translated the Bible into Slavic).
      Gregory of Nyssa 4th century. 1758 Phrenologist Gall born.

      Dr. Starman