Gender Gap

  • Br. Ron
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2002
      As a musician you can imagine the compassion
      I have for those parts of myself which would prefer to
      get stoned and escape to the heights of Ideation without
      grounding themselves in the 'heaviness' of Reality.

      Such is the error of Icarus who flew so high he melted
      his wax wings and fell to Earth.

      It is so comfortable and easy to do....not to have to
      engage the Will to lift up Matter (Mother).  But like the
      drag race car with a huge engine but no traction,
      the seeker who relies only on the Father's mental 'possibilities'
      (Chesed) without engaging Mother's emotional 'probabilities
      (Geburah) and Christ's compassionate 'philanthropies'
      (Tiphareth) eventually creates a potent pathology, when
      the reality of the situation sets in.

      He who makes a Faustian bargain with 'The Heights'
      eventually gets thrust into the equal and opposite
      polarity of depression spoken of by St. John of the Cross
      as the "Dark Night of the Soul."

      Been there...done that.....no thanks. Common sense and
      practicality must wisely accompany the daring dreamer.

      Br. Ron