Re: Rép. : [anthroposophy] The Cup or the Sword

  • Br. Ron
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27 8:03 AM

      =====

      Another way to describe my point...

      There is that story about Kali...
      There was a Demon that at each blood drop it
      was shedding in the Battle of Good against
      Evil, each drops were becoming in it's turn
      a demon.. So the Strategy Kali used was to use
      a Big Mouth and Tongue as to Lick it all.

      Let me[us] see that Story as the
      Encompassing Power of the Word,
      of the Tongue as a Sword. :)

      -Blue

      I do see the metaphysics behind karma and violence.
      Yet I (with all these planets in Taurus) seek a practical
      morality in regards to terrorism. Is strict passivity
      called for here?

      Besides the 'sword of the word,'  is there never a time when
      we should we collectevely take military action in a practical
      physical sense against Islamic terrorism or other memes
      sworn to kill our loved ones and ourselves?

      (I know the knights of old would never think twice about donning
      their armor and riding off into battle)

      Would a strict passivity have worked with Hitler?

      How about in the case of a terminal malignancy in the body.
      Should we likewise resort only to the metaphysical
      'scapel of the word' and never resort to a physical scalpel?

      I was wondering what APs views are about this, too.
      (If indeed there is such a collective ethic)

      Love and Light

      BR