  • DRStarman2001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2002
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      The cycle of the year can be a meditation in itself, through which you can
      sense the Beings that are behind the changing seasons, and Rudolf Steiner
      gave out the 'Calendar of the Soul' to do this. It's 52 meditative mantras
      enabling you to consciously experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring
      within you as well as in outer Nature in the course of the year. These are
      well known to many anthroposophists; but the original Calendar published in
      1912 ALSO contained 12 Images of the Zodiac (to be meditated on to sense the
      working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day), a listing of the
      Moon's phase and position in the constellations each night (for sensing the
      'lunar' forces), and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected
      with specific days of the week. We're presenting all that here. This week's
      mantra in the original German and in translation:

      * M A N T R A # 4 6 *
      Die Welt, sie drohet zu betäuben
      Der Seele eingeborene Kraft;
      Nun trete du, Erinnerung,
      Und stärke mir das Schauen
      Das nur durch Willenskräfte
      Sich selbst erhalten kann.

      The World, it threatens to benumb
      The Soul’s inborn strength;
      Now tread you, Memory,
      Out of Spirit-Deeps enlightening
      And make strong for me Vision,
      That only through Will-Strength
      Can preserve itself.

      This week's mantram:
      We are heading towards spring and summer, when our inner selves once more
      sleep while the Earth awakens. Last week, the power of thinking united with
      what was born in us at Christmas & made clear to us all the early spring
      stirrings of new life in the external world, uniting with this "becoming" of
      Nature through joining our thinking to our perceptions. This week, this
      surging new life in the outer world would benumb our souls if the force of
      memory didn't come in to play its proper role of preserving the Vision the
      spirit had of what it wishes to create this year.

      **********************************
      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Aquarius
      from Feb. 9th to Mar. 8th in our era. The symbolic image of the Water-Man
      done from Steiner's sketches & indications is attached to this post.

      Sunday 2/24 Moon Leo. Matthias the Apostle, chosen in Judas’ place.
      Gutenberg died 1468.
      Monday 2/25 Moon Leo. Cellini died 1571.
      Tuesday 2/26 Moon Virgo. Full Moon. Jonas (the Prophet).
      Wednesday 2/27 Moon Virgo. Ernst Renan born 1823. Martialis (acted for the
      spreading of Christendom in Gallien in the 3rd century).

      Thursday 2/28 Moon Libra. Montaigne (the Skeptic) born 1533. Leander
      (Christian author).
      Friday 3/1 Moon Libra. Alcuin (teacher of Charlemagne, Christian author).
      399 before Christ Socrates takes the poison. Swidbertus (conveyor of
      Christendom to the Frisians).
      Saturday 3/2 Moon Scorpio. 321 A.D. The celebration of Sunday begins to
      become common.

      Dr. Starman