Re: The Life of the Earth in Past & Future Dornach, 17.2.23

  • 888
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 27, 1999
      The head is mostly outside in cosmic space, so it can most easily be
      cured with silica; the stomach is more closely connected with the earth,
      hence it can most easily be cured with mica. And that which lies more in
      the centre, the lungs, etc. can well be cured with feldspar, it is
      prepared in an appropriate way.

      Now you see, if we understand Nature, we actually understand also what
      are the healing forces for human nature. But one must have a sense for
      the way in which the cosmos collaborates with our Earth.

      You see, one can always explain definite matters only for definite
      occasions. Thus, now that we are further advanced, I can give you a more
      definite explanation of the migration of birds. Our modern Science is
      very abstract concerning bird-migration in autumn and spring. In spring
      the birds forsake their warmer haunts; and in autumn when it grows
      colder, the more northerly regions. But there are birds which fly over
      the ocean in a south-easterly direction - and, it is very strange, these
      birds fly extremely fast and do not rest on the way. That can be proved,
      because it can be proved that there are no islands at all on the paths
      which these birds often follow. And they fly very high, so that ordinary
      Science cannot answer the question: What, actually do they breathe up
      there? For one would expect them to be suffocated at that height. And
      the scientists have not hit upon an explanation of how these birds find
      their way. Some have said: Well, it is an inherited faculty; the young
      ones have always inherited it from the old. And then the old birds teach
      the young ones, and so it is quite easy for the young ones to do it.
      Thus, when the autumn comes, the old swallows set up a school, the young
      are taught, the old ones fly in front, the young, behind, imitating
      them.
      That is how men have pictured it.

      But, gentlemen, not all migratory birds do this; this is quite a
      peculiar case. It often happens with migrants - for instance, in
      Africa - that when spring comes to us, the old migrants fly away first,
      returning to us. The young ones hold out longer, because they are still
      strong; the old ones make their escape earlier, and leave the young ones
      behind. They neither teach them, nor act as guides; the young ones have
      to find their way alone.