Fundamentalism

  • Br. Ron
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2002
      One of the things we must understand about the fundamentalist mindset is it's draw toward martyrdom. The more this pathology is 'persecuted' the more it thinks it's doing God's work. It's an aggressive bending of the original meaning of John 15:20, which creates a viscious circle....a negative 'ring-pass-not.'

      Sooner or later martyrdom is the only alternative because these unfortunate souls end up being totally marginalized and isolated from what little sanity there is left in this already troubled world.

      This is the same kind of mindset that drives terrorists to blow themselves up.
      They are 'not of this world.' Not because they walk with the angels but because their pessimism has made them that way.

      BR