Re: [anthroposophy] Michael

  • Lil Ole Miss
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 2, 2002
          Lil Ol Miss Oatmeal sez:
          > What's this? I wake up and crawl in here to get my usual morning "fix" of AP
          > Br. Ron, I salute you, Dear Soul that you are, but you don't belong in this
          > Al Qaeda nightmare.

      What? I just got a box seat at the coliseum,. the lions are
      pullin' at their collars and you want me to put down my popcorn
      and leave? Why, I wouldn't miss this for the world.

      (Fundamentalists do give Christ a bad name but they are great
      for entertainment.  Lemme see..Watch Michael or the Superbowl?
      ....decisions, decisions, decisions.......)
      .
      Br. Ron

      Well, IF you DO insist on despoted sensual pleasures, let's take that popcorn and head to the Mardi Gras, which disgustingly enough has been SUSPENDED for the day by that Arena - er - Super Bowl rabble in MY home town, leaving MY relatives bereft! [sobb] The nerve! Never before in history has such indecency been allowed!

      [ah, yes - maybe he's right - decisions - lions? Michael? SuperBowl? hmm - maybe a combination thereof locked up mish-mash in the hold of that boat steaming off to Shanghai...closed circuit TV, of course...crunch - crunch...]

      Ms. Oatmeal
    • lisastephzim
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 2, 2002
        Mardi Gras..church lady..spider goats...super bowl.michael...crunch!

        You know...i just LOVE this list! Such a colourful array of
        people...just love it!..well as long as it not my hiney getting
        spanked...but then again...sometimes that isn't soo bad...lol..
        Lemonade anyone? ;)

        --- In anthroposophy@y..., "Lil Ole Miss" <lilolemiss@m...> wrote:
        > Lil Ol Miss Oatmeal sez:
        > > What's this? I wake up and crawl in here to get my usual
        morning "fix" of AP
        > > Br. Ron, I salute you, Dear Soul that you are, but you
        don't belong in this
        > > Al Qaeda nightmare.
        >
        > What? I just got a box seat at the coliseum,. the lions are
        > pullin' at their collars and you want me to put down my popcorn
        > and leave? Why, I wouldn't miss this for the world.
        >
        > (Fundamentalists do give Christ a bad name but they are great
        > for entertainment. Lemme see..Watch Michael or the Superbowl?
        > ....decisions, decisions, decisions.......)
        > .
        > Br. Ron
        >
        > Well, IF you DO insist on despoted sensual pleasures, let's take
        that popcorn and head to the Mardi Gras, which disgustingly enough
        has been SUSPENDED for the day by that Arena - er - Super Bowl rabble
        in MY home town, leaving MY relatives bereft! [sobb] The nerve! Never
        before in history has such indecency been allowed!

        > [ah, yes - maybe he's right - decisions - lions? Michael?
        SuperBowl? hmm - maybe a combination thereof locked up mish-mash in
        the hold of that boat steaming off to Shanghai...closed circuit TV,
        of course...crunch - crunch...]

        > Ms. Oatmeal
      • Lil Ole Miss
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 2, 2002
          Hey, Lisa! Pass me a glass, Gal! Thanks - need to wash some of Br. Ron's lions...He ran off to wave that boat off...
          Oatmeal
          Mardi Gras..church lady..spider goats...super bowl.michael...crunch!

          You know...i just LOVE this list!  Such a colourful array of
          people...just love it!..well as long as it not my hiney getting
          spanked...but then again...sometimes that isn't soo bad...lol..
          Lemonade anyone? ;)

          --- In anthroposophy@y..., "Lil Ole Miss" <lilolemiss@m...> wrote:
          >     Lil Ol Miss Oatmeal sez:
          >       > What's this? I wake up and crawl in here to get my usual
          morning "fix" of AP
          >       > Br. Ron, I salute you, Dear Soul that you are, but you
          don't belong in this
          >       > Al Qaeda nightmare.
          >
          >   What? I just got a box seat at the coliseum,. the lions are
          >   pullin' at their collars and you want me to put down my popcorn
          >   and leave? Why, I wouldn't miss this for the world.
          >
          >   (Fundamentalists do give Christ a bad name but they are great
          >   for entertainment.  Lemme see..Watch Michael or the Superbowl?
          >   ....decisions, decisions, decisions.......)
          >   .
          >   Br. Ron
          >
          >   Well, IF you DO insist on despoted sensual pleasures, let's take
          that popcorn and head to the Mardi Gras, which disgustingly enough
          has been SUSPENDED for the day by that Arena - er - Super Bowl rabble
          in MY home town, leaving MY relatives bereft! [sobb] The nerve! Never
          before in history has such indecency been allowed!

          >   [ah, yes - maybe he's right - decisions - lions? Michael?
          SuperBowl? hmm - maybe a combination thereof locked up mish-mash in
          the hold of that boat steaming off to Shanghai...closed circuit TV,
          of course...crunch - crunch...]

          >   Ms. Oatmeal

        • sr_joanna
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 2, 2002

            Bradford wrote:
            > Well the church lady is back! Carvey...hmmm could it be Saaaatan?
            > hmmmm? Well isn't he special? God always loved him best...

            Dear Br. Ron and Bradford,

            This image is priceless! I can just see Michael doing
            the 'superiority dance' and hear the reverb now...

            (Could it be Saaaatan:an:an:nnn??)

            Church Lady lives!!!

            Love & light & laughter,
            JoAnn
          • Br. Ron
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 2, 2002
                  From: lisastephzim
                  Mardi Gras..church lady..spider goats...super bowl.michael...crunch!

                  You know...i just LOVE this list!  Such a colourful array of
                  people...just love it!..well as long as it not my hiney getting
                  spanked...but then again...sometimes that isn't soo bad...lol..

              Ahem......uh...roomservice?....Yes....put a hold on that
              bottle of Lafite Rothschild  will you? And if you hear
              reports of strange noises coming from this suite, kindly
              ignore them.

              BR
            • lisastephzim
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 2, 2002

                > Ahem......uh...roomservice?....Yes....put a hold on that
                > bottle of Lafite Rothschild will you? And if you hear
                > reports of strange noises coming from this suite, kindly
                > ignore them.
                >
                > BR

                Hahaha!! Uncle!! Uncle! Uncle!! Stop that...my side is starting to
                hurt!
                Sooooo many funnies today....
                While you were away messing with the boats..Sheila and I finished the
                lemonade with the lions....taught them a few tricks too...you should
                see the one with the colourful beads that Sheila put on! True Mardi
                Gras style... :)
                Next I am thinking of trekking up the doomed mountain....where is
                that freakshow with the spider milk?
                Thank you for the laughing cramps!
                Lisa
              • carol
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 12, 2008

                  Guidelines Intermezzo - IX

                  Michael's Experiences during the Fulfillment of his Cosmic Mission

                  RS: "Michael foresees how man, in that he uses his own intelligence ever more, must encounter the Ahrimanic beings and how he can thus succumb to them. Therefore Michael places the Ahrimanic powers under his feet, he continuously forces them into a deeper region than the one in which man is evolving. Michael, the dragon under his feet, forcing him into the abyss: that is the mighty image of this supersensible fact that lives in human consciousness.

                  Evolution advances. Intellectuality, which at first was completely in the divine-spiritual domain, is so detached from it that it becomes the ensoulment of the cosmos. What previously radiated only from the gods now blazes forth from the stars as divine revelation. Previously the world was guided through divine being itself, now it is guided through objective divine revelation, behind which divine being continues on the path of its own evolution....

                  ...Michael cannot force man to do anything. Force has ended due to the fact that intelligence has completely entered the domain of human individuality. But as a majestic exemplary deed in the supersensible world, initially at the frontier of the visible world, Michael can unfold what he wishes. With a light-aura, with a spiritual gesture, Michael can show himself there, in whom all the brilliance and grandeur of the past divine intelligence is manifest.

                  He can make visible how the effect of that past intelligence is truer, more beautiful and virtuous that the present intelligence, which streams in from Ahriman in deceptive, seductive brilliance. He can show that - for him – Ahriman will always be the inferior spirit under his feet...."

                  And so it is that human intelligence has the freedom to select from many folk souls thriving on this earth in order to express itself, regardless if Michaelmic or Ahrimanic thought forces are the preferred.

                  In the following instance, the French singer songwriter Francis Cabrel shows how vituous thought forms constitute NO problem, no CRIME, no ILLUSION, no form of mental illness etc in our fast paced Ahrimanized world system. This man chose, inspite of glamour and fame readily offered to him, the simple life, simple values. Not only is he a modern day poet, he can be seen following Michael- and many of those who LISTEN to the sense of what Cabrel communicates within his songs should be identified as wanting to follow to simple path associated with Michael.

                  Francis Cabrel Presque Rien (Almost nothing)

                  http://fr.netlog.com/go/explore/videos/videoid=505545

                  Et voilà tout ce que je sais faire

                  And here is all that I know I can do
                  Du vent dans des coffres en bambou (I can offer) winds in a bamboo chest
                  Des pans de ciel pour mettre à tes paupières Sections of the sky to place at your eyebrows
                  Et d'autres pour pendre à ton cou and others to hang around your kneck

                  C'est rien que du ciel ordinaire This would be nothing more than ordinary sky
                  Du bleu comme on en voit partout the kind of blue one finds everywhere
                  Mais j'y ai mis tout mon savoir-faire But (in this instance) I will have used every bit of my know-how
                  Et toute notre histoire en-dessous and then slipped OUR story beneath it all.

                  [Refrain] :
                  Tu vois, c'est presque rien
                  You see, it's practically nothing
                  C'est tellement peu It's so very little
                  C'est comme du verre, c'est à peine mieux It's in the likeness of clear glass, but just a little better,
                  Tu vois c'est presque rien... You see, it's really almost nothing,
                  C'est comme un rêve, comme un jeu It's like a dream, like a game,
                  Des pensées prises dans des perles d'eau claire (they are) thoughts formed in clear drops of water

                  Je t'envoie des journées entières I send you FULL days,
                  Des chats posés sur les genoux Cats placed on your lap,
                  Des murs couverts de fleurs que tu préfères Walls completely covered with your favorite flowers,
                  Et de la lumière surtout And most especially, Light.

                  Rien que des musiques légères (As well) only light music,
                  Une source entre deux cailloux A stream caught between a couple of pebbles,
                  Du linge blanc sur tes années de guerre White clothe to conceal your many years of trials,
                  C'est tout ce que je sais faire c'est tout... This would be all I that I know to do, it really is all.

                  [Refrain]

                  Doo doo doo doo doo...

                • Nina
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 14, 2008
                    --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "carol" <organicethics@...
                    ...Michael cannot force man to do anything. Force has ended due to
                    the fact that intelligence has completely entered the domain of human
                    > individuality. But as a majestic exemplary deed in the supersensible
                    > world, initially at the frontier of the visible world, Michael can
                    > unfold what he wishes. With a light-aura, with a spiritual gesture,
                    > Michael can show himself there, in whom all the brilliance and
                    grandeur of the past divine intelligence is manifest. He can make
                    visible how the effect of that past intelligence is truer, more
                    beautiful and virtuous

                    Dear Carol,
                    Thanks for sharing "Cabrel's example" and your translations."Simple"
                    applications.
                    > that the present intelligence, which streams in from Ahriman in
                    > In the following instance, the French singer songwriter Francis
                    Cabrel shows how vituous thought forms constitute NO problem, no
                    CRIME, no ILLUSION, no form of mental illness etc in our fast paced
                    Ahrimanized world system. This man chose, inspite of glamour and fame
                    readily offered to him, the simple life, simple values.
                    >LISTEN...[Refrain]:
                    > You see, it's practically nothing, It's so very little, It's in the
                    likeness of clear glass, but just a little better, You see, it's
                    really almost nothing, It's like a dream, like a game,(they are)
                    thoughts formed in clear drops of water
                    > I send you FULL days,Cats placed on your lap, Walls completely
                    > covered with your favorite flowers,And most especially, Light.
                    (As well) only light music, A stream caught between a couple of
                    > pebbles,White clothe to conceal your many years of trials,
                    >... This would be all I that I know to do, it really is all.

                    Been reading with interest all related archangelic threads. Found
                    Matherne's bk Michael bk review loaded as well. Especially these words
                    and exercise:
                    Take a break from reading this review and focus on the four dots in
                    the picture below for about thirty seconds. Then close your eyes and
                    focus on the circle of light that appears.

                    The afterimage you saw that gradually disappeared, was it just a
                    subjective process?

                    [page 185, 186] Modern physiologists say it is, but that is not
                    correct. The afterimage is an objective process in the cosmic ether,
                    in the same sense that the presence of carbon dioxide in the air we
                    exhale is an objective process. You imprint an image upon the cosmic
                    ether. You yourself experience it only as a gradually disappearing
                    afterimage. But it is not just a subjective process; it is an
                    objective process. Here you have something objective. You have the
                    possibility of recognizing how something that takes place within you
                    is simultaneously a subtle cosmic process.

                    But it doesn't just happen with images, but with everything we say and
                    do in the world. If someone raises a question about whether some
                    activity is safe, the afterimage of that thought stays with us,
                    sometimes for years. Unless and until we accept that what happens
                    inside us has the reality of objective processes, we hold ourselves to
                    being radio receivers when in actually we are both receivers and
                    transmitters in the cosmic ether. Radio waves may seem to have no
                    objective reality to people who don't possess radio receivers, but let
                    them acquire radio receivers and hear the transmissions from others
                    and themselves, then they will understand the objective nature of
                    radio waves.

                    In our time we have become, to the spiritual Beings who guide us, like
                    teenagers are to the average parent - they do things with their
                    bodies, with their clothes, with their music, and with their lives
                    that few parents can understand. If we get most upset by things others
                    do that we are also doing, but outside of our awareness, then it
                    becomes understandable why the strange, independent behaviors of our
                    teenagers should upset us so: we are doing equally strange things in
                    the eyes of our spiritual parents."

                    http://www.doyletics.com/arj/tamrev.htm

                    On personal note,working on experience of recent "death" of my
                    sister's horse who was euthanized after bacterial invasion which
                    affected her nerves/ability to swallow.This was sudden shock. Reminded
                    of horse as picture of intelligence in apocalypse but also what
                    Bradford wrote about coming greater bacterial. Life, with all its
                    trials,is precious, a simple truth that has touched home here in an
                    unexpected way - NINA
                  • Stephen Hale
                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 14, 2008
                      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Nina" <emeraldnina@...> wrote:

                      > --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "carol" <organicethics@
                      > ...Michael cannot force man to do anything. Force has ended due to
                      > the fact that intelligence has completely entered the domain of human
                      > > individuality. But as a majestic exemplary deed in the supersensible
                      > > world, initially at the frontier of the visible world, Michael can
                      > > unfold what he wishes. With a light-aura, with a spiritual gesture,
                      > > Michael can show himself there, in whom all the brilliance and
                      > grandeur of the past divine intelligence is manifest. He can make
                      > visible how the effect of that past intelligence is truer, more
                      > beautiful and virtuous

                      That is because Michael lives within the individual human spirit,
                      waiting silently to be nurtured, through will and effort, into the
                      prominent position of recognized self-dialogue. Michael has no
                      interest in being made an icon of the human spirit; instead, he wants
                      and lives to be your most burning desire and ambition. And this has a
                      relationship to truth and knowledge. Michael, thus, is very self-
                      contained within your own bosom. As such he replaces Abraham, who held
                      Lazarus within his bosom until the fourth day, when Christ called for
                      him to rise up from the dead. Michael's presence today, within the
                      human psychophysical system, means that the old method of resurrection
                      from the dead is replaced by the search for truth and knowledge. Its
                      regenerative influence takes the modern method of fire over water as
                      the new signal of modern initiation science. And hasn't that been said
                      before?

                      In short, Michael eschews any effort to make him an icon of any sort;
                      probably especially an icon of the Catholic church. God forbids,
                      because they don't know him at all. They really don't.

                      Steve
                    • Nina
                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 15, 2008
                        Michael's presence today, within the human psychophysical system,
                        means that the old method of resurrection from the dead is replaced by
                        the search for truth and knowledge...

                        Dear Steve,
                        Yes, been said before. We may all vary in our ability to comprehend
                        what "this presence" means. Thanks for your patient explanations. NINA