Michael

  • Br. Ron
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 2, 2002
      Michael. I feel rejected. You never answered my last post.

      Nor do I blame you!

      Still, I think your point by point response would go a
      long way toward furthering a more rounded understanding of
      scripture and our place in relation to Our Lord.

      Should I resend it?

      In the meantime,

      1. Lucifer's temptation for man is not we would become
      gods, or 'as God' but that we would become gods prematurely
      by circumventing Christ's orderly Process.

      2. Our Lord made reference to those who worshipped
      the written word of the Scribes more than God Himself:

      "And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he
      hath sent, him ye believe not. Search the scriptures;
      for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they
      which testify of me.
      And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
      I receive not honour from men. But I know you, that ye
      have not the love of God in you." (John: 5; 38-41)

      Sound familiar? Tsk tsk. So before you cast the first stone
      at others from a self made "scripturally based" tower of Babel,
      you best make sure your tower is without sin. You infer
      that your view of scripture is somehow more correct than others.
      What makes you think so? Could it be Saaaaaaatan? hnmmm?

      This to me speaks of a very grave arrogance which you
      hold toward sincere seekers.

      I now want you now to prostrate yourself and ask forgiveness
      for falling pray to the devil's 'gift' of pride, lest a bolt of
      lightening make short order of that unstable tower.

      Br. Ron
    • Lil Ole Miss

        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 2, 2002

              Lil Ol Miss Oatmeal sez:

              > What's this? I wake up and crawl in here to get my usual morning "fix" of AP
              > Br. Ron, I salute you, Dear Soul that you are, but you don't belong in this
              > Al Qaeda nightmare.

          What? I just got a box seat at the coliseum,. the lions are
          pullin' at their collars and you want me to put down my popcorn
          and leave? Why, I wouldn't miss this for the world.

          (Fundamentalists do give Christ a bad name but they are great
          for entertainment.  Lemme see..Watch Michael or the Superbowl?
          ....decisions, decisions, decisions.......)
          .
          Br. Ron
        • Lil Ole Miss
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 2, 2002
                Lil Ol Miss Oatmeal sez:
                > What's this? I wake up and crawl in here to get my usual morning "fix" of AP
                > Br. Ron, I salute you, Dear Soul that you are, but you don't belong in this
                > Al Qaeda nightmare.

            What? I just got a box seat at the coliseum,. the lions are
            pullin' at their collars and you want me to put down my popcorn
            and leave? Why, I wouldn't miss this for the world.

            (Fundamentalists do give Christ a bad name but they are great
            for entertainment.  Lemme see..Watch Michael or the Superbowl?
            ....decisions, decisions, decisions.......)
            .
            Br. Ron

            Well, IF you DO insist on despoted sensual pleasures, let's take that popcorn and head to the Mardi Gras, which disgustingly enough has been SUSPENDED for the day by that Arena - er - Super Bowl rabble in MY home town, leaving MY relatives bereft! [sobb] The nerve! Never before in history has such indecency been allowed!

            [ah, yes - maybe he's right - decisions - lions? Michael? SuperBowl? hmm - maybe a combination thereof locked up mish-mash in the hold of that boat steaming off to Shanghai...closed circuit TV, of course...crunch - crunch...]

            Ms. Oatmeal
          • lisastephzim
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 2, 2002
              Mardi Gras..church lady..spider goats...super bowl.michael...crunch!

              You know...i just LOVE this list! Such a colourful array of
              people...just love it!..well as long as it not my hiney getting
              spanked...but then again...sometimes that isn't soo bad...lol..
              Lemonade anyone? ;)

              --- In anthroposophy@y..., "Lil Ole Miss" <lilolemiss@m...> wrote:
              > Lil Ol Miss Oatmeal sez:
              > > What's this? I wake up and crawl in here to get my usual
              morning "fix" of AP
              > > Br. Ron, I salute you, Dear Soul that you are, but you
              don't belong in this
              > > Al Qaeda nightmare.
              >
              > What? I just got a box seat at the coliseum,. the lions are
              > pullin' at their collars and you want me to put down my popcorn
              > and leave? Why, I wouldn't miss this for the world.
              >
              > (Fundamentalists do give Christ a bad name but they are great
              > for entertainment. Lemme see..Watch Michael or the Superbowl?
              > ....decisions, decisions, decisions.......)
              > .
              > Br. Ron
              >
              > Well, IF you DO insist on despoted sensual pleasures, let's take
              that popcorn and head to the Mardi Gras, which disgustingly enough
              has been SUSPENDED for the day by that Arena - er - Super Bowl rabble
              in MY home town, leaving MY relatives bereft! [sobb] The nerve! Never
              before in history has such indecency been allowed!

              > [ah, yes - maybe he's right - decisions - lions? Michael?
              SuperBowl? hmm - maybe a combination thereof locked up mish-mash in
              the hold of that boat steaming off to Shanghai...closed circuit TV,
              of course...crunch - crunch...]

              > Ms. Oatmeal
            • Lil Ole Miss
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 2, 2002
                Hey, Lisa! Pass me a glass, Gal! Thanks - need to wash some of Br. Ron's lions...He ran off to wave that boat off...
                Oatmeal
                Mardi Gras..church lady..spider goats...super bowl.michael...crunch!

                You know...i just LOVE this list!  Such a colourful array of
                people...just love it!..well as long as it not my hiney getting
                spanked...but then again...sometimes that isn't soo bad...lol..
                Lemonade anyone? ;)

                --- In anthroposophy@y..., "Lil Ole Miss" <lilolemiss@m...> wrote:
                >     Lil Ol Miss Oatmeal sez:
                >       > What's this? I wake up and crawl in here to get my usual
                morning "fix" of AP
                >       > Br. Ron, I salute you, Dear Soul that you are, but you
                don't belong in this
                >       > Al Qaeda nightmare.
                >
                >   What? I just got a box seat at the coliseum,. the lions are
                >   pullin' at their collars and you want me to put down my popcorn
                >   and leave? Why, I wouldn't miss this for the world.
                >
                >   (Fundamentalists do give Christ a bad name but they are great
                >   for entertainment.  Lemme see..Watch Michael or the Superbowl?
                >   ....decisions, decisions, decisions.......)
                >   .
                >   Br. Ron
                >
                >   Well, IF you DO insist on despoted sensual pleasures, let's take
                that popcorn and head to the Mardi Gras, which disgustingly enough
                has been SUSPENDED for the day by that Arena - er - Super Bowl rabble
                in MY home town, leaving MY relatives bereft! [sobb] The nerve! Never
                before in history has such indecency been allowed!

                >   [ah, yes - maybe he's right - decisions - lions? Michael?
                SuperBowl? hmm - maybe a combination thereof locked up mish-mash in
                the hold of that boat steaming off to Shanghai...closed circuit TV,
                of course...crunch - crunch...]

                >   Ms. Oatmeal

              • sr_joanna
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 2, 2002

                  Bradford wrote:
                  > Well the church lady is back! Carvey...hmmm could it be Saaaatan?
                  > hmmmm? Well isn't he special? God always loved him best...

                  Dear Br. Ron and Bradford,

                  This image is priceless! I can just see Michael doing
                  the 'superiority dance' and hear the reverb now...

                  (Could it be Saaaatan:an:an:nnn??)

                  Church Lady lives!!!

                  Love & light & laughter,
                  JoAnn
                • Br. Ron
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 2, 2002
                        From: lisastephzim
                        Mardi Gras..church lady..spider goats...super bowl.michael...crunch!

                        You know...i just LOVE this list!  Such a colourful array of
                        people...just love it!..well as long as it not my hiney getting
                        spanked...but then again...sometimes that isn't soo bad...lol..

                    Ahem......uh...roomservice?....Yes....put a hold on that
                    bottle of Lafite Rothschild  will you? And if you hear
                    reports of strange noises coming from this suite, kindly
                    ignore them.

                    BR
                  • lisastephzim
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 2, 2002

                      > Ahem......uh...roomservice?....Yes....put a hold on that
                      > bottle of Lafite Rothschild will you? And if you hear
                      > reports of strange noises coming from this suite, kindly
                      > ignore them.
                      >
                      > BR

                      Hahaha!! Uncle!! Uncle! Uncle!! Stop that...my side is starting to
                      hurt!
                      Sooooo many funnies today....
                      While you were away messing with the boats..Sheila and I finished the
                      lemonade with the lions....taught them a few tricks too...you should
                      see the one with the colourful beads that Sheila put on! True Mardi
                      Gras style... :)
                      Next I am thinking of trekking up the doomed mountain....where is
                      that freakshow with the spider milk?
                      Thank you for the laughing cramps!
                      Lisa
                    • Bradford Riley
                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 2, 2002
                        From: "Br. Ron" <rlloyd@...>
                        >Subject: [anthroposophy] Michael

                        Made me Laugh!

                        that your view of scripture is somehow more correct than others.
                        >What makes you think so? Could it be Saaaaaaatan? hnmmm?

                        Well the church lady is back! Carvey...hmmm could it be Saaaatan? hmmmm?
                        Well isn't he special? God always loved him best... hmmm does the term,
                        massive distraction from good research and timely intrusions when we just
                        begin thinking... mean stop the presses and lets baby sit the gumba. Well,
                        they must have smelled something cooking round the dinner table to get these
                        flies.

                      • carol
                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 12, 2008

                          Guidelines Intermezzo - IX

                          Michael's Experiences during the Fulfillment of his Cosmic Mission

                          RS: "Michael foresees how man, in that he uses his own intelligence ever more, must encounter the Ahrimanic beings and how he can thus succumb to them. Therefore Michael places the Ahrimanic powers under his feet, he continuously forces them into a deeper region than the one in which man is evolving. Michael, the dragon under his feet, forcing him into the abyss: that is the mighty image of this supersensible fact that lives in human consciousness.

                          Evolution advances. Intellectuality, which at first was completely in the divine-spiritual domain, is so detached from it that it becomes the ensoulment of the cosmos. What previously radiated only from the gods now blazes forth from the stars as divine revelation. Previously the world was guided through divine being itself, now it is guided through objective divine revelation, behind which divine being continues on the path of its own evolution....

                          ...Michael cannot force man to do anything. Force has ended due to the fact that intelligence has completely entered the domain of human individuality. But as a majestic exemplary deed in the supersensible world, initially at the frontier of the visible world, Michael can unfold what he wishes. With a light-aura, with a spiritual gesture, Michael can show himself there, in whom all the brilliance and grandeur of the past divine intelligence is manifest.

                          He can make visible how the effect of that past intelligence is truer, more beautiful and virtuous that the present intelligence, which streams in from Ahriman in deceptive, seductive brilliance. He can show that - for him – Ahriman will always be the inferior spirit under his feet...."

                          And so it is that human intelligence has the freedom to select from many folk souls thriving on this earth in order to express itself, regardless if Michaelmic or Ahrimanic thought forces are the preferred.

                          In the following instance, the French singer songwriter Francis Cabrel shows how vituous thought forms constitute NO problem, no CRIME, no ILLUSION, no form of mental illness etc in our fast paced Ahrimanized world system. This man chose, inspite of glamour and fame readily offered to him, the simple life, simple values. Not only is he a modern day poet, he can be seen following Michael- and many of those who LISTEN to the sense of what Cabrel communicates within his songs should be identified as wanting to follow to simple path associated with Michael.

                          Francis Cabrel Presque Rien (Almost nothing)

                          http://fr.netlog.com/go/explore/videos/videoid=505545

                          Et voilà tout ce que je sais faire

                          And here is all that I know I can do
                          Du vent dans des coffres en bambou (I can offer) winds in a bamboo chest
                          Des pans de ciel pour mettre à tes paupières Sections of the sky to place at your eyebrows
                          Et d'autres pour pendre à ton cou and others to hang around your kneck

                          C'est rien que du ciel ordinaire This would be nothing more than ordinary sky
                          Du bleu comme on en voit partout the kind of blue one finds everywhere
                          Mais j'y ai mis tout mon savoir-faire But (in this instance) I will have used every bit of my know-how
                          Et toute notre histoire en-dessous and then slipped OUR story beneath it all.

                          [Refrain] :
                          Tu vois, c'est presque rien
                          You see, it's practically nothing
                          C'est tellement peu It's so very little
                          C'est comme du verre, c'est à peine mieux It's in the likeness of clear glass, but just a little better,
                          Tu vois c'est presque rien... You see, it's really almost nothing,
                          C'est comme un rêve, comme un jeu It's like a dream, like a game,
                          Des pensées prises dans des perles d'eau claire (they are) thoughts formed in clear drops of water

                          Je t'envoie des journées entières I send you FULL days,
                          Des chats posés sur les genoux Cats placed on your lap,
                          Des murs couverts de fleurs que tu préfères Walls completely covered with your favorite flowers,
                          Et de la lumière surtout And most especially, Light.

                          Rien que des musiques légères (As well) only light music,
                          Une source entre deux cailloux A stream caught between a couple of pebbles,
                          Du linge blanc sur tes années de guerre White clothe to conceal your many years of trials,
                          C'est tout ce que je sais faire c'est tout... This would be all I that I know to do, it really is all.

                          [Refrain]

                          Doo doo doo doo doo...

                        • Nina
                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 14, 2008
                            --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "carol" <organicethics@...
                            ...Michael cannot force man to do anything. Force has ended due to
                            the fact that intelligence has completely entered the domain of human
                            > individuality. But as a majestic exemplary deed in the supersensible
                            > world, initially at the frontier of the visible world, Michael can
                            > unfold what he wishes. With a light-aura, with a spiritual gesture,
                            > Michael can show himself there, in whom all the brilliance and
                            grandeur of the past divine intelligence is manifest. He can make
                            visible how the effect of that past intelligence is truer, more
                            beautiful and virtuous

                            Dear Carol,
                            Thanks for sharing "Cabrel's example" and your translations."Simple"
                            applications.
                            > that the present intelligence, which streams in from Ahriman in
                            > In the following instance, the French singer songwriter Francis
                            Cabrel shows how vituous thought forms constitute NO problem, no
                            CRIME, no ILLUSION, no form of mental illness etc in our fast paced
                            Ahrimanized world system. This man chose, inspite of glamour and fame
                            readily offered to him, the simple life, simple values.
                            >LISTEN...[Refrain]:
                            > You see, it's practically nothing, It's so very little, It's in the
                            likeness of clear glass, but just a little better, You see, it's
                            really almost nothing, It's like a dream, like a game,(they are)
                            thoughts formed in clear drops of water
                            > I send you FULL days,Cats placed on your lap, Walls completely
                            > covered with your favorite flowers,And most especially, Light.
                            (As well) only light music, A stream caught between a couple of
                            > pebbles,White clothe to conceal your many years of trials,
                            >... This would be all I that I know to do, it really is all.

                            Been reading with interest all related archangelic threads. Found
                            Matherne's bk Michael bk review loaded as well. Especially these words
                            and exercise:
                            Take a break from reading this review and focus on the four dots in
                            the picture below for about thirty seconds. Then close your eyes and
                            focus on the circle of light that appears.

                            The afterimage you saw that gradually disappeared, was it just a
                            subjective process?

                            [page 185, 186] Modern physiologists say it is, but that is not
                            correct. The afterimage is an objective process in the cosmic ether,
                            in the same sense that the presence of carbon dioxide in the air we
                            exhale is an objective process. You imprint an image upon the cosmic
                            ether. You yourself experience it only as a gradually disappearing
                            afterimage. But it is not just a subjective process; it is an
                            objective process. Here you have something objective. You have the
                            possibility of recognizing how something that takes place within you
                            is simultaneously a subtle cosmic process.

                            But it doesn't just happen with images, but with everything we say and
                            do in the world. If someone raises a question about whether some
                            activity is safe, the afterimage of that thought stays with us,
                            sometimes for years. Unless and until we accept that what happens
                            inside us has the reality of objective processes, we hold ourselves to
                            being radio receivers when in actually we are both receivers and
                            transmitters in the cosmic ether. Radio waves may seem to have no
                            objective reality to people who don't possess radio receivers, but let
                            them acquire radio receivers and hear the transmissions from others
                            and themselves, then they will understand the objective nature of
                            radio waves.

                            In our time we have become, to the spiritual Beings who guide us, like
                            teenagers are to the average parent - they do things with their
                            bodies, with their clothes, with their music, and with their lives
                            that few parents can understand. If we get most upset by things others
                            do that we are also doing, but outside of our awareness, then it
                            becomes understandable why the strange, independent behaviors of our
                            teenagers should upset us so: we are doing equally strange things in
                            the eyes of our spiritual parents."

                            http://www.doyletics.com/arj/tamrev.htm

                            On personal note,working on experience of recent "death" of my
                            sister's horse who was euthanized after bacterial invasion which
                            affected her nerves/ability to swallow.This was sudden shock. Reminded
                            of horse as picture of intelligence in apocalypse but also what
                            Bradford wrote about coming greater bacterial. Life, with all its
                            trials,is precious, a simple truth that has touched home here in an
                            unexpected way - NINA
                          • Stephen Hale
                            Message 13 of 14 , Apr 14, 2008
                              --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Nina" <emeraldnina@...> wrote:

                              > --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "carol" <organicethics@
                              > ...Michael cannot force man to do anything. Force has ended due to
                              > the fact that intelligence has completely entered the domain of human
                              > > individuality. But as a majestic exemplary deed in the supersensible
                              > > world, initially at the frontier of the visible world, Michael can
                              > > unfold what he wishes. With a light-aura, with a spiritual gesture,
                              > > Michael can show himself there, in whom all the brilliance and
                              > grandeur of the past divine intelligence is manifest. He can make
                              > visible how the effect of that past intelligence is truer, more
                              > beautiful and virtuous

                              That is because Michael lives within the individual human spirit,
                              waiting silently to be nurtured, through will and effort, into the
                              prominent position of recognized self-dialogue. Michael has no
                              interest in being made an icon of the human spirit; instead, he wants
                              and lives to be your most burning desire and ambition. And this has a
                              relationship to truth and knowledge. Michael, thus, is very self-
                              contained within your own bosom. As such he replaces Abraham, who held
                              Lazarus within his bosom until the fourth day, when Christ called for
                              him to rise up from the dead. Michael's presence today, within the
                              human psychophysical system, means that the old method of resurrection
                              from the dead is replaced by the search for truth and knowledge. Its
                              regenerative influence takes the modern method of fire over water as
                              the new signal of modern initiation science. And hasn't that been said
                              before?

                              In short, Michael eschews any effort to make him an icon of any sort;
                              probably especially an icon of the Catholic church. God forbids,
                              because they don't know him at all. They really don't.

                              Steve
                            • Nina
                              Message 14 of 14 , Apr 15, 2008
                                Michael's presence today, within the human psychophysical system,
                                means that the old method of resurrection from the dead is replaced by
                                the search for truth and knowledge...

                                Dear Steve,
                                Yes, been said before. We may all vary in our ability to comprehend
                                what "this presence" means. Thanks for your patient explanations. NINA