Maitreya & Christ

  • 888
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 1, 2002
      Dear All,
      There was an error made by some occultists when searching the Akashic
      Chronicle in mistaking the incarnation of the Maitreya Bodhisattva in an
      Essene community for Jesus of Nazareth- who lived one hundred years later.
      The name of this individual was Jesu Ben Pandira. He is the Teacher of
      Righteousness of the Dead Sea Scrolls and is also mentioned in the Talmud.
      He was born of a Jewish mother and a Roman soldier father- Mariam a virgin,
      who was subsequently "outraged".

      He was stoned to death and hung on a tree in Lud /Lyddia. You can read in
      detail about this Jesus in G.R.S. Mead's 'Did Jesus Live 100 B.C.?'

      According to Steiner this Jesus was an important teacher in his own right in
      that he was an incarnation of the Maitreya Bodhisattva- an overshadowing
      exactly.
      This solves many anomalies.

      Even today we get many claiming to be the Maitreya/Christ; and on this point
      we can say that they're all wrong because Steiner taught that the Christ
      would not appear again in a physical body but in the parousia- the etheric
      body.

      It can happen that one embraces the Luciferic (an upward bearing
      spirituality in fact) and shuns Ahriman/Satan.

      The Lucis Trust (Bailey org) used to be called the Lucifer trust BTW. HPB's
      magazine was called "Lucifer". There is a connection between the Ancient
      Mystery knowledge and Lucifer. Read up on Prometheus in the Secret Doctrine.
      Lucifer is the deceptive twin brother of Christ.

      It can happen ( as it did with HPB) that an individual is convinced that
      Lucifer is the true benefactor of mankind.

      Fortunately there is a genunine article amongst the forgeries.
      Our Creator incarnated in the world "was made flesh" and was not
      "overshadowed." This is what makes Christianity so exciting.
      It is not the case of another teacher with teachings that aren't so new. The
      teachings are not what it important. The Deed, the Event, is the important
      thing. Actually this other "christianity" without the Event is very, very
      boring. You might as well be a Buddhist.

      Alice Bailey talks of Christ being Maitreya. I have already explained that
      case of mistaken identity. Benjamin Creme has taken Bailey's ideas further
      and now claims he (Maitreya) has incarnated.

      C.W. Leadbeater also had similar ideas to Bailey.

      Here are some titles of the Maitreya- Ma Pu Huan Kou (Scolded But Not Scold
      Back)Ta Pu Huan Sou (Beaten But Not Hit Back). A great pacifist is our
      Maitreya.

      Another important point is the fate of Jesus who prepared the vehicle for
      the Christ. He is an advanced soul in his own right and works on as the
      Master Jesus, one of the Elder Brothers of Humanity.

      He is the reincarnated Zarathustra according to Steiner. The most highly
      initiated man on the planet at the time.

      At the time of the Baptism, the Christ Being incarnated in Jesus and then
      right down into the bones. The Zarathustra individuality vacated and later
      became the Master Jesus.

      And this is how it should read in the Bible:
      The saying "Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." Mark 1:11
      is rendered correctly as "Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee."
      Psalms 2:7 as it does appear in some Bibles. This is one of those cases
      were the Bible was changed to fit in with
      preconceived ideas.
      The author of Hebrews made it clear:
      "So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that
      said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee." Hebrews 5:5
      compare Hebrews 1:5
      Paul's comment is in Acts 13:33
      "here is evidence that the original versions of the Gospels were tampered
      with on this point: The gospels in the version we have say, regarding
      Jesus after his baptism: "Thou are my beloved Son, in thee I am well
      pleased." (Matthew 3:17, Mark 1:11, Luke 3:22.) But Justin Martyr quotes
      from an early version of Matthew which includes the words, "This day have I
      begotten thee." (Justin Martyr, Dialog with Trypho, LXXXVIII, CIII,
      Roberts and Donaldson, ed., Ante-Nicene Fathers, Vol 1, p. 244, 251,
      http://www.NewAdvent.org/fathers/0128.htm
      At some point revisionists and censors excised the offending sentence.
      They did not do a complete job, for they forgot to excise the same phrase
      in Hebrews: "Thou art my Son, today I have begotten thee." (Hebrews 1:5,
      5:5.) St. Augustine discusses this issue, in great detail. (Reply to
      Faustus the Manichean, XXIII, 2,
      http://www.NewAdvent.org/fathers/140623.htm
      The ancient Aramaic gospel of the Ebionites, holding the same version of the
      Baptism:
      http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Styx/8676/files/virgin.html
      Christ was "begotten" at the time of the Baptism. Here is an image from
      Markus' wonderful site:
      http://www.celtoslavica.de/imago/_visegrad.html
      Baptism of the Jordan
      Visegrád Codex, 1085
      Now the Ebionites did hold to the idea that Jesus was just a great initiate.
      They were the custodians of the original book of Matthew which Jerome had so
      much trouble translating. This book of Matthew is really of the Zarathustra
      stream and echoes the sayings of the Persian mystreries. No wonder the
      Ebionites saw things the way they did.

      An understanding of the Christ Event itself will be ongoing as humanity does
      not have the capacity to fully comprehend it all.

      Here is a recent post which does explain the anthroposophical viewpoint
      better (Posted by Rick, I think.):

      The question was asked:
      "Was Christ part of these members of the Second Hierarchy ?"
      The following is from a lecture of Steiner's:

      "When we direct our gaze now to Christ, now again to Lucifer, a new
      perception begins to dawn upon us. Lucifer, the ruler of Venus, appears in a
      form that is extraordinarily full of light, — I mean, of course, spiritual
      light. We have the feeling that all the glow and brilliance we can ever
      experience on Earth in looking upon a manifestation of light is weak and dim
      in comparison with the majesty of Lucifer in the old Sun time. But then we
      notice, when we begin to perceive his intentions — and we are able to see
      through these—, that Lucifer is a Spirit endowed in his very nature with
      infinite pride, so great a pride that it can prove a temptation to man. For,
      as is well-known, there are things which up to a point are not temptations
      for man but become so when they grow majestic in their proportions, and
      pride is one of them. When pride is majestically great it tempts man.
      Lucifer's proud greatness, Lucifer's pride in his majestic figure of light —
      these contain a seductive element. "Unmanifest light," light that does not
      shine outwardly but has immense, strong power in itself — that Lucifer has
      in full measure. And how does the Christ figure look beside Lucifer? The
      Christ figure in the time of old Sun — the Lord and Ruler of the Sun
      planet — is a picture of utmost devotion, entire devotion to all that is
      around Him in the world. Whereas Lucifer looks like one who thinks only of
      himself — we are obliged to clothe it all in human words, notwithstanding
      the fact that these are quite inadequate — Christ appears as wholly given
      up, in devotion, to all that is around Him in the great wide world.
      "The great wide world was not then as it is now. If we were to transport
      ourselves in these days to the present Sun, then, looking outwards in all
      directions as from the centre of a circle, we should perceive in the first
      place the twelve Signs of the Zodiac. These were not then externally
      visible; but instead, twelve great Forms, twelve Beings were present who let
      their words ring forth from the depths of the darkness, — outer space being
      of course not then filled with light. What kind of words were these? They
      were words — the word "word" is again only a makeshift, to indicate what is
      here meant — they were words that told of primeval times, of times that even
      then were in a remote and ancient past. The twelve were twelve
      World-Initiators. Today we behold standing in the directions of these twelve
      World-Initiators the twelve Signs of the Zodiac, but from them resounds, for
      the soul that is open to the whole world, the original being of the Unspoken
      Word of Worlds, that could take form in the twelve Voices. And whilst
      Lucifer alone — I must now begin to speak more in pictures; human words do
      not in the least suffice — whilst Lucifer had the impulse to let stream out
      upon all things the light that was present in him and therewith come to a
      knowledge of all things, the Christ on the other hand, gave Himself up to
      the Impression of this Word of the Worlds, received It in its fullness and
      entirety into Himself, so that this Christ Soul was now the Being that
      united in Himself all the great Secrets of the World that sounded into Him
      through the inexpressible Word. Such is the contrast that presents itself, —
      the Christ Who receives the Word of the Worlds, and the proud Lucifer, the
      Spirit of Venus, who rejects the Word of the Worlds and wants to found and
      establish everything with his own light.
      "All subsequent evolution is a direct outcome of what Lucifer and Christ
      were at that time. The Christ Being, as we saw, received into Himself the
      great and all-embracing secrets of the Worlds. The Lucifer Being, having
      what I can only describe as a "proud figure of Light," lost thereby his
      kingdom, lost his Venus kingdom. On other grounds, to enter into which would
      take us too far afield, the other Spirits of the Planets lost also their
      kingdoms, or rather changed their natures. But they need not concern us
      here. What is important for us here is the contrast between Christ and
      Lucifer. It came about that Lucifer lost more and more of his rulership; the
      kingdom of Venus gradually fell away from him. Lucifer with his light became
      a dethroned ruler, and the planet Venus had thenceforward to do without a
      proper ruler and was consequently obliged to undergo a backward evolution.
      The Christ, however, had during the old Sun time received the Word of the
      Worlds, and this Word of the Worlds has the quality of kindling itself to
      new light in the soul by which It is received; so that from that time
      forward the Word of the Worlds became in the Christ Light, and the planet of
      which the Christ was ruler, the Sun, became the centre of the whole
      planetary system, the other planets being brought into subjection to It. The
      same is true also of their spiritual Rulers."

      -Bruce
    • eurythmy
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 2, 2002
        Dear friends
        Who are the Elder brothers
        How many are they?
        Franky

        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 3, 2002
          > Who are the Elder brothers

          Dear Franky,

          The earliest reference I can find describing these adepts is in Paracelsus
          "There are persons who have been exalted (verzueckt) to God, and who have
          remained in that state of exaltation, and have not died..."

          In the writing of the German mystic C.von Eckharthausen in his "Disclosures
          of Magic" (1790) -" These sages, whose number is small, are children of
          light, and are opposed to darkness. They dislike mystification and secrecy;
          they are open and frank, have nothing to do with secret societies and with
          external ceremonies. They possess a spiritual temple, in which God is
          presiding.

          "They live in various parts of the earth, and do not meddle with politics;
          their business is to do as much good to humanity as in their power, and to
          drink wisdom from the eternal fountain of truth. They never quarrel about
          opinions, because they know the truth. Their number is small. Some live in
          Europe, others in Africa, but they are bound together by the harmony of
          their souls, and they are therefore as one. They are joined together,
          although they may be thousands of miles apart from each other. They
          understand each other, although they speak in different tongues, because the
          language of the sages is spiritual perception." Pretty good for 1790!

          One could also quote some theosophical writings or maybe Dion Fortune, but
          you get the idea.

          Published by the Anthroposophic Press, "From the History and
          Contents of the Esoteric Section" also has some information.

          Yes they remained alive a lot longer. An historical example is Saint
          Germain. He was never seen to eat either. They do take liquids however.

          We see also at the end of the gospel of St.John that John "tarried".

          The bodies of the Elder Brothers, though appearing normal, are differently
          constructed to that of the bulk of humanity. There has to be a pattern set
          in place for the future and it is this they bear.

          "When in the world outside the modern leaders of men go about in human garb,
          they are unrecognised in the world. When from the standpoint of Spiritual
          Science we talk about 'The Masters of Wisdom and Harmony of Feelings' people
          would often be surprised to in what simple, unassuming human form these
          Masters are to be found in all countries. They are present on the physical
          plane."

          pge 128, Wonders of the World, Ordeals of the Soul, Revelations of the
          Spirit R.Steiner.

          Rudolf Steiner teaches that as we refine the astral body (establish peace)
          it "gradually approaches immortality", "an astral form arises which
          survives, remains living."

          "When someone has become a Chela he begins to establish peace in the etheric
          body. Then the etheric body too survives. The Masters establish peace in the
          physical body; thus in their case the physical body also survives."

          -Foundations of Esotericism, pge 171.

          "....In
          fact, however, it is possible, by means of special training, to prolong life
          indefinitely by learning to live outside the physical body."

          The following hint at a secret:
          "Physical death is only an apparent occurrence for him who has understood
          the Philosopher's Stone for himself, and has learnt to separate it."
          "He lays aside the physical body in the same way that one takes of a
          raincoat, and he puts on a new body just as one puts a new raincoat on."

          I found a clearer quote in "Theosophy of the Rosicrucian", page 54:
          "Of a Master it is said: He is born in the same body; he uses it for
          hundreds, even thousands of years. This is the case with the vast majority
          of leading Individualities. An exception is formed by certain Masters who
          have their own special mission; with them the physical body remains, so that
          death does not occur for them at all. These are the Masters whose task it is
          to watch over and bring about the transition from one race to another."
          There is more on page 53 which is interesting too, but that will do.

          > How many are they?

          You tell me.

          Friendlyly,
          Bruce
        • evlogite
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 4, 2002
            --- In anthroposophy@y..., "888" <bhive@a...> wrote:
            > > Who are the Elder brothers

            Would they coincide with the "communion of saints" that traditional
            Christians confess?

            evlogite
          • eurythmy
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 6, 2002
              Dear Bruce,
              Thanks for answer.
              For your last question I thought you would know give and take a few. Does you internet transmission name means they are eight hundred and eighty eight? or just three times eight: twenty four as you quote mystic C.von Eckharthausen ?

              You tell me.

              Friendlyly,
              Bruce

            • fireofthe12
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 6, 2002

                > Would they coincide with the "communion of saints" that traditional
                > Christians confess?

                Dear Evlogite,
                I think that's a pretty good fit.

                Warm Regards,
                Bruce
              • fireofthe12
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 7, 2002
                  Hi Franky,
                  > For your last question I thought you would know give and take a
                  >few. Does you internet transmission name means they are eight
                  hundred >and eighty eight? or just three times eight: twenty four as
                  you quote >mystic C.von Eckharthausen ?

                  The 888 I use is an old habit. I probably wouldn't use it if I was
                  picking something today. It was convenient at the time since my
                  family were using to same address and we didn't have to keep changing
                  the name.

                  In Gnosticism the 888 meant "Jesus Christ". In early Christianity it
                  was known as the number of Jesus- I think one of the Church Fathers
                  comments on it.
                  Blavatsky mentions the fact in quoting King " The Gnostics and their
                  Remains".

                  Enter 888 and Jesus on your search engine and you'll come up with a
                  lot of pages on the subject.

                  Where did it start? Well in pre Christian times actually. The number
                  888 was predicted to be the number of the Messiah by one of the
                  Sibyls. Yes, you can find a prophecy in the Sibylline books.

                  The "8" is on the back of the Christian Community priest too- though
                  they probably wouldn't know its origin.

                  You'll find a reference in the New Testament as well- I think in
                  Paul. It goes something like eight were saved in the Ark and now we
                  are saved by Eight in the Baptism. Check King James.

                  Now, you know that 888 is held to be very lucky throughout Asia. It
                  is my theory that the Manichaeans (or Nestorians)brought it to China.
                  One would have to show that it predates Christianity there to prove
                  me wrong.

                  Best Wishes,
                  And 888 Good Luck,
                  Bruce
                • Ghamin
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 9, 2002
                    Dear Bruce,

                    Thank you very much for your explanation on the 888 which was I was
                    wondering about for sometime. There is also the question with 777 which is
                    used at present by some persons connected to the Essene teaching!

                    Your explanation makes sense to me. There is a powerful self-healing
                    technique to move the 8s of different sizes and in all directions throughout
                    every little and big parts of the body. It works through the blockages
                    which gather toxins in the body and brings life back to its healthy flow.
                    It is worth trying!

                    Now 888 seems like triple Life to me!

                    The sound of the word 8 in Chinese is simular to the Chinese word 'fa' which
                    means 'to become prosperous', dream of the majority! So the word 8 turned
                    to be a lucky number several years ago, through their superstition!

                    Warmest regards,

                    Ghamin

                    > The 888 I use is an old habit. I probably wouldn't use it if I was
                    > picking something today. It was convenient at the time since my
                    > family were using to same address and we didn't have to keep changing
                    > the name.
                    >
                    > In Gnosticism the 888 meant "Jesus Christ". In early Christianity it
                    > was known as the number of Jesus- I think one of the Church Fathers
                    > comments on it.
                    > Blavatsky mentions the fact in quoting King " The Gnostics and their
                    > Remains".
                    >
                    > Enter 888 and Jesus on your search engine and you'll come up with a
                    > lot of pages on the subject.
                    >
                    > Where did it start? Well in pre Christian times actually. The number
                    > 888 was predicted to be the number of the Messiah by one of the
                    > Sibyls. Yes, you can find a prophecy in the Sibylline books.
                    >
                    > The "8" is on the back of the Christian Community priest too- though
                    > they probably wouldn't know its origin.
                    >
                    > You'll find a reference in the New Testament as well- I think in
                    > Paul. It goes something like eight were saved in the Ark and now we
                    > are saved by Eight in the Baptism. Check King James.
                    >
                    > Now, you know that 888 is held to be very lucky throughout Asia. It
                    > is my theory that the Manichaeans (or Nestorians)brought it to China.
                    > One would have to show that it predates Christianity there to prove
                    > me wrong.
                    >
                    > Best Wishes,
                    > And 888 Good Luck,
                    > Bruce

                    > Unsubscribe:

                  • fireofthe12
                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 9, 2002
                      Hi Ghamin,
                      > There is a powerful self-healing
                      > technique to move the 8s of different sizes and in all directions
                      throughout
                      > every little and big parts of the body. It works through the
                      blockages
                      > which gather toxins in the body and brings life back to its healthy
                      flow.

                      Yes, the lemniscate can be looked at from many angles.

                      > The sound of the word 8 in Chinese is simular to the Chinese
                      word 'fa' which
                      > means 'to become prosperous', dream of the majority! So the word 8
                      turned
                      > to be a lucky number several years ago, through their superstition!

                      Being on the ground as it were, you might be able to find out exactly
                      where all this began. I'd love to find out more.

                      Good Luck & Prosperity!
                      Bruce
                    • Ghamin
                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 9, 2002
                        > Being on the ground as it were, you might be able to find out exactly
                        > where all this began. I'd love to find out more.
                        >

                        > Good Luck & Prosperity!
                        > Bruce

                        Thank you Bruce!

                        The Lunar New Year starts this year on Feb.12th. I guess you have to
                        believe in prosperity & good luck to get them!

                        When I was a teenager, this combination of prosperity with the 8 was unheard
                        of. It must have only been used for 20 - 30 years. The sound for 8 is
                        "bacg" in Cantonese (oldest dialect in China) and "ba" in Mandarin. I will
                        list out some other word with 'acg' and 'a' below:

                        bacg or ba - 8
                        dacg - to fall down da - to hit
                        facg or fa - become prosperous
                        gacg - character
                        gnacg - to suppress
                        hacg - guest
                        lnacg - to feel the burn from heat la - to pull ( to pull is 'lai' in
                        Cantonese, which I find more descriptive)
                        macg - to separate with the hands ma - mother
                        sacg or sa - to kill saa (long 'a') - sand ta - he
                        tzacg - to put something apart

                        It is easy to understand the meaning of these words by the opening and
                        revealing character of 'a' and the movements from the consonants. The 'cg'
                        shows the arriving to something physical. You see Chinese is not that
                        difficult after all!

                        Prosperity and Good Fortune to you also!

                        Ghamin
                      • Ghamin
                        Message 11 of 12 , Feb 10, 2002
                          Thanks Blues Brothers! Wow, what a nice language!

                          > Baba-Ganga-Baghavad Gita-Bach-Flower Remedy-Bath-Baby
                          Krishna-Cow-Boy's-Hat Hath-and-Sang-Sabbath... :)

                          > BE!!! BAUM!!!-BAUM!!!-BAUM!!!
                          > "Dr.AUM-Dr.AUM"!!! "Dr.AUM"!!!
                          > "Dr.AUM-Dr.AUM"!!!
                          >

                          > Danny-Boy aka
                          > Elvish Prince-Lay
                          > aka Blues Brother 2002
                          > :)
                          >
                          > ----Message original -----
                          > De : "Ghamin"<ghamin@...>
                          > > Being on the ground as it were, you might be able to find out exactly
                          > > where all this began. I'd love to find out more.
                          > >

                          > > Good Luck & Prosperity!
                          > > Bruce
                          > >

                          > Thank you Bruce!
                          >
                          > The Lunar New Year starts this year on Feb.12th. I guess you have to
                          > believe in prosperity & good luck to get them!
                          >
                          > When I was a teenager, this combination of prosperity with the 8 was
                          unheard
                          > of. It must have only been used for 20 - 30 years. The sound for 8 is
                          > "bacg" in Cantonese (oldest dialect in China) and "ba" in Mandarin. I
                          will
                          > list out some other word with 'acg' and 'a' below:
                          >
                          > bacg or ba - 8
                          > dacg - to fall down da - to hit
                          > facg or fa - become prosperous
                          > gacg - character
                          > gnacg - to suppress
                          > hacg - guest
                          > lnacg - to feel the burn from heat la - to pull ( to pull is 'lai' in
                          > Cantonese, which I find more descriptive)
                          > macg - to separate with the hands ma - mother
                          > sacg or sa - to kill saa (long 'a') - sand ta - he
                          > tzacg - to put something apart
                          >
                          > It is easy to understand the meaning of these words by the opening and
                          > revealing character of 'a' and the movements from the consonants. The
                          'cg'
                          > shows the arriving to something physical. You see Chinese is not that
                          > difficult after all!
                          >

                          > Prosperity and Good Fortune to you also!
                          >
                          > Ghamin

                          > Unsubscribe:

                          > Unsubscribe:

                        • fireofthe12
                          Message 12 of 12 , Feb 10, 2002
                            Happy New Year, Ghamin (for tomorrow- I guess you are close to the
                            same time zone as me.)

                            February 12, 2002. So I see it is the Year of the Horse, the Black
                            Horse. What's in store for this year- 4699 by the Chinese calendar.

                            I expect it will be a grand celebration for you tommorrow, with lots
                            of dragons and fireworks.

                            > I guess you have to
                            > believe in prosperity & good luck to get them!

                            Alongside prosperity comes charity; and you can make your own good
                            fortune.

                            > When I was a teenager, this combination of prosperity with the 8
                            was unheard
                            > of. It must have only been used for 20 - 30 years.

                            So I was totally wrong for guessing that it was inherited from the
                            Manichaeans? Oh well, it must be a happy coincidence.

                            Incidentally, it is rumoured that there is one Manichaean community
                            left in China, hidden away in the mountains somewhere.

                            > It is easy to understand the meaning of these words by the opening
                            and
                            > revealing character of 'a' and the movements from the consonants.
                            The 'cg'
                            > shows the arriving to something physical.

                            The sounds reveal the nature of the eight then?- Incarnation.

                            > You see Chinese is not that
                            > difficult after all!

                            For you. Lots of dialects and lots of characters to learn.

                            Fond Regards,

                            Bruce