Att: Lisa

  • Michael Meiring
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2002
      Dear Lisa

      I apologize to you if you took my message as a personal "attack". I said, "If you do not see yourself as a sinner, then you reject Christ's work on the cross."
      The operative word here is "IF". I never said that you claim to be perfect or that you reject Christ. I said "if". My main point is that Jesus had not come for the "healthy", but for the "sick" (Mk. 2:17). In other words, those who acknowledge that they are a sinner before God, and repent and turn to Christ have been called by God. Those who claim to be without a sinful nature, do not see a need for a Saviour. "Why do I need a Saviour when I am not such a bad person - I am a good person", would be the unbeliever's response to the gospel.

      Maybe I should have replaced the word "you" with "one" or "we". I am sorry again.

      Michael.