Att: Jeff

  • Michael Meiring
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2002
      Dear Jeff,

      You wrote:

      > Not to be contrary but what do you base your assertion on, "God can only be found through faith, not by sight."

      The Bible says that Christians "live by faith, not by sight" (2 Cor. 5:7).

      > ... a superficial study of comparative religion will show common reports all relating to a generally universal experience of "God" as the One Being within all things. Whether its Ramakrishna, Meher Baba, Jacob Boehme, medieval saints, or modern mystics and visionaries, the experience is basically similar - and they see "God" and experience it as a reality and not something where they have to relate to as "faith".

      Well, Ramakrishna, Baba, etc., may have all claimed to have seen "God". But I would like to know, 'Which "God" did they see?'. Certainly not the one true living God, because the Bible says, "No one has ever seen God" (1 Jn. 4:12). And Jesus said, "No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he [i.e. Jesus, the Son of God] has seen the Father" (Jn. 6:46).

      Jesus came down out of heaven to reconcile us, lost sinners, to God the Father:

      "I [Jesus] have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him [the Father] who sent me." (Jn. 6:38)

      Michael.