Att: Federico

  • Michael Meiring
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2002
      Dear Federico,

      You wrote:

      > And what one calls God, for another is Khrsna or Brahma or Buddha or Allah, etc.

      Yes. But the God of Islam is a different god from the God of the Bible. The God of the Bible says that only He must be worshipped as God:

      "Fear the LORD your God, serve him only and take your oaths in his name. Do not follow other gods, the gods of the peoples around you; for the LORD your God, who is among you, is a jealous God and his anger will burn against you, and he will destroy you from the face of the land. (Deut. 6:13-15)"

      To worship Allah or the Buddha as God is to commit idolatry which the Bible forbids.

      "You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself and idol... You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God." (Ex. 20:3-5)

      Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Freemasons, etc. worship a different god than the God of the Scriptures whom I worship. Only the LORD is our God and Saviour.

      "I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no saviour. I have revealed and saved and proclaimed - I, and not some foreign god among you." (Is. 43:11-12)

      Michael.