Att: Danny

  • Michael Meiring
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2002
      Dear Danny,

      As I said to Andrea, I am not a Catholic. I have only been quoting from Scripture. I believe that I only quoted from a theologian called John Calvin. And if you knew church history, you would know that Calvin opposed the dogmas of Roman Catholicism. Nevertheless, your defiance is not against Catholicism, but against God and His word. If you choose to listen to the devil's lie, "Ye shall be as gods" (Gen. 3:5), then you must face the consequences of being shut out from the presence of God and the tree and water of life:

      "To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life... But the cowardly, the unbelieving ... those who practice magic arts - their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulphur." (Rev. 21:6, 8)

      But those who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins will be made anew; they will become new creatures - not gods - in Christ:

      "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" (2 Cor. 5:17)

      Michael.

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2002
        And you shall be accountable to the LORD for blasphemy and idolatry. The
        devil's lie to man was: "Ye shall be as gods" (Gen. 3:5).

        Michael.