Att: Lisa

  • Michael Meiring
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2002
      Dear Lisa

      You wrote:

      > Michael, while reading your post, I could almost feel the dark waters rising up around me.

      The dark waters must have been the devil's weapon in order to prevent you from seeing the light of the gospel of Christ:

      "The god [i.e. Satan] of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God." (2 Cor. 4:4)

      > I hope your path takes you to wonderful places in your personal search for Love and Light and Truth.

      Love is revealed by telling someone the truth. Without the truth, there is no love. "Love ... rejoices with the truth" (1 Cor. 13:6). And the truth of the matter is that all of us are born with a sinful nature, following after idols and made-up gods. The devil's lie to us, since the beginning (Gen. 3:5), is that we are "gods" and are inherently good. But in God's sight we are evil (Gen. 6:5). But at the same time, His grace (i.e. His underserving mercy towards sinners) abounds. He has provided for us the Saviour of the world: the Lord Jesus Christ. And how we need a Saviour!

      But Lisa, if you do not see yourself as a sinner, then you reject Christ's work on the cross. "Whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him" (Jn. 3:36). That is not what I say, it is what God says.

      Michael.
    • Michael Meiring
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2002
        Dear Lisa

        I apologize to you if you took my message as a personal "attack". I said, "If you do not see yourself as a sinner, then you reject Christ's work on the cross."
        The operative word here is "IF". I never said that you claim to be perfect or that you reject Christ. I said "if". My main point is that Jesus had not come for the "healthy", but for the "sick" (Mk. 2:17). In other words, those who acknowledge that they are a sinner before God, and repent and turn to Christ have been called by God. Those who claim to be without a sinful nature, do not see a need for a Saviour. "Why do I need a Saviour when I am not such a bad person - I am a good person", would be the unbeliever's response to the gospel.

        Maybe I should have replaced the word "you" with "one" or "we". I am sorry again.

        Michael.