Rép. : [anthroposophy] Man

  • danifyou@tv.videotron.ca
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2002
      I have to say I started to read and then read and read and read, and then stopped.

      For you got into professing the false catholic doctrina of man as a mere worm...

      ----Message original -----
      De : "Michael Meiring"<dfm@...>
      The only view which is good and right, is that view which God has revealed to His creation through His word, the Bible. The one true God communicates to men and women through the Bible. The apostle Paul said to the Thessalonian Christians, "We also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men, but as it actually is, the word of God" (1 Thes. 2:13).
      The apostles and prophets wrote down God's word through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit (2 Pet. 1:20-21). Jesus had said to His apostles that the "Spirit of truth" (i.e. the Holy Spirit) would descend upon them, remind them of everything which Jesus had taught, guide them into all truth, reveal to them what is to take place, and to cause them to record the words of God on paper (Jn. 14:26; 16:13; 21:24; 2 Pet. 1:21; 1 Jn. 1:1-4).

      Therefore, the Bible is not man's book, but God's book. In fact, it is "God-breathed / inspired" (2 Tim. 3:16). And the Holy Spirit illumines our minds to the truths of God's word. We do not need man's interpretation to understand His word. We do not need the teachings of Rudolf Steiner, neither his humanistic esoteric interpretation (or distortion) of God's word. (Steiner said that the flood story in Genesis 6 was symbolic of the Greek myth of the sinking of Atlantis. Yet no one who reads the Bible alone would arrive at such a ludicrous notion.) The Bible alone is able to make us "wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus" (2 Tim. 3:15). And for the believer, the Christian, the Bible alone is sufficient for everything that he/she needs: "teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness" (v. 16).

      This is what the Bible teaches concerning "Man":

      Man is not potentially a god. In fact, the devil's lie to man was, "ye shall be as gods" (Gen. 3:5, KJV), and by that same lie he continues to deceive men and women today. The LORD, the triune Being, is the only God who exists (Isa. 43:10). Anthroposophists usually cite John 10:34 in order to defend their doctrine that humans are gods. The verse has Jesus saying, "I have said you are gods". However, the context of the verse dispels any sort of belief that we are deity. Jesus is quoting from Psalm 82, which says:
      "They know nothing, they understand nothing. They walk about in darkness; all the foundations of the earth are shaken. I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.' But you will die like mere men; you will fall like every other ruler." (vs. 5-7)

      Obviously the meaning used here for "gods" is one of status and not essence. The rulers of Israel were "gods" in the sense that they had been given the divine order by God to judge the people righteously. But they failed, and were unjust in their dealings. So rather than being divine in nature, they were in essence "mere men" who would die. Jesus was not alluding to the divinity of man. In fact, He was defending His deity and oneness with the Father (Jn. 10:30). And when the Jews protested against Him by saying, "You, a mere man, claim to be God" (v. 33), Jesus quoted Psalm 82 to show them that they were the one's who were "mere men", who would die because of their wickedness. Jesus, on the other hand, was more than simply a "god" in name only, He was God's Son; "the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world" (v. 36).

      Theologian, John Calvin, wrote, "Man never achieves a clear knowledge of himself unless he has first looked upon God's face, and then descends from contemplating him to scrutinize himself" (n.d.:37).

      In other words, Calvin is saying that man can only come to a true knowledge of himself when he begins to know who God is. We know from the Scriptures, that God is self-existent and eternal (Ps. 90:2). Man, on the other hand, only comes into existence when he/she is formed in the womb. His body is formed first, and then his spirit, through the creative work of God:

      "The LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground [body] and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life [spirit], and the man became a living being." (Gen. 2:7)

      "The spiritual did not come first, but the natural, and after that the spiritual." (1 Cor. 15:46)

      Therefore, contrary to the Anthroposophy belief that we had a pre-earth life, the Bible clearly says that God created our spirits when our bodies were being formed in the womb (Ps. 139:13). Moreover, God is all-knowing (Job 37:16; Ps. 139:2), but man has limited knowledge (Job 38-39). God is all-powerful (Job 42:2; Ps. 33:6-11), whereas man is frail (Ps. 39:4-5; Jas. 4:14). God is holy, perfect and righteous. And when His holiness is beheld, man is aware of his own sinfulness and total depravity. When Isaiah saw the LORD seated on His throne, he cried, "Woe to me! I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty" (Isa. 6:5).

      Commenting on the Fall of Man, Anthroposophist Stewart Easton said, "Man himself could have been as perfect as the beings of the hierarchies above him, but he could not also have been free" (1982:26). But this statement is utterly false. The Bible says that the first man, Adam, was free, even when he was created perfectly. God said to him, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil" (Gen. 2:16-17). Even in his perfect state, Adam was given the choice to obey or disobey the command of God. He chose to disobey (Gen. 3:6). Consequently, through his act of disobedience, he brought the whole human race into condemnation (Rom. 5:15, 18). (Someone may argue here; 'Do you mean that because of Adam's disobedience, I am guilty as well?' Answer: 'Yes, because you would have done the exact same thing!')

      As a result of being born with a sinful nature, the Bible says, "There is not a righteous man on earth who does what is right and never sins" (Eccl. 7:20), and "there is no one righteous; there is no one who understands, no one who seeks God. There is no one who does good, not even one" (Rom. 3:10-12). Even our good works are like filthy rags in the sight of God (Isa. 64:6). We are inherently evil (Ps. 51:5), and that is why we experience death. As the apostle Paul said, "The wages of sin is death" (Rom. 6:23). After our bodies die, our spirit returns to God and we face His righteous judgments (Eccl. 12:7). Reincarnation is a false teaching.

      "It is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment" (Heb. 9:27, NKJ)

      Michael.