hiebel

  • Lil Ole Miss
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 13, 2002
      From Journal for Anthroposophy, Number 8, Autumn, 1968
      My apologies for sending the header for my immediately preceding post after the fact...ACK! I was trying to mail merge both together.
      Sheila

      From Journal for Anthroposophy, Number 8, Autumn, 1968

      TREASURES OF BIBLICAL RESEARCH AND THE CONSCIENCE OF THE TIMES

      By Frederick Hiebel

      21 years have passed since the discovery of the manuscripts which have come to be known as the Dead Sea Scrolls and a wealth of research and interpretation by outstanding scholars has arisen in relation to them. Nine years ago, Professor Frederick Hiebel published a small volume in German entitled BIBELFUNDE UND ZEITGEWISSEN in which he drew attention to the unique contribution of Rudolf Steiner´s spiritual-scientific scholarship toward an understanding of these epoch-making discoveries. Since that time there has been virtually no discussion in scientific and scholarly circles either of Professor Hiebel´s monograph or of Rudolf Steiner´s insights published almost a half century before the discoveries in the Qumran caves.

      It is high time that Dr. Hiebel´s conscientious study should be available to English readers. The essay which follows is the condensed version of Frederick Hiebel´s work, translated and edited by Normal Macbeth.