Re: [anthroposophy] Re: TheFirst Class?

  • DRStarman2001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 7, 2002
      In a message dated 1/7/2002 6:19:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      lilolemiss@... writes:

      << hmmm - this is strange. I have some of Rudolf Steiner's books published
      during his life time which are "Printed for Members of the School of
      Spiritual Science, Goetheanum, First Class..." - uh - perhaps the publisher,
      Philosophical-Anthroposophical Publishing Co., Goetheanum, Dornach,
      Switzerland, or even Steiner left something out? er - odd, this, isn't it?
      hmmm......

      Sheila >>

      *******I don't understand---what do you think was left out?
    • Lil Ole Miss
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 7, 2002
        > In a message dated 1/7/2002 6:19:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        > lilolemiss@... writes:
        >
        > << hmmm - this is strange. I have some of Rudolf Steiner's books published
        > during his life time which are "Printed for Members of the School of
        > Spiritual Science, Goetheanum, First Class..." - uh - perhaps the
        publisher,
        > Philosophical-Anthroposophical Publishing Co., Goetheanum, Dornach,
        > Switzerland, or even Steiner left something out? er - odd, this, isn't it?
        > hmmm......
        >
        > Sheila >>
        >
        > *******I don't understand---what do you think was left out?

        I haven't the faintest idea. I thought I read a reply from Elaine [?] in
        answer to Joel's statement that Robert Powell said Tomberg put together
        First Class, Second Class, and part of Third Class lessons before he was
        asked to leave the Anthroposophical Society or Dornach, whichever it was? I
        can find no such reference. I don't understand, either.
        Sheila
      • DRStarman2001@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 8, 2002
          In a message dated 1/7/2002 7:11:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
          lilolemiss@... writes:

          << > << hmmm - this is strange. I have some of Rudolf Steiner's books
          published
          > during his life time which are "Printed for Members of the School of
          > Spiritual Science, Goetheanum, First Class..." - uh - perhaps the
          publisher,
          > Philosophical-Anthroposophical Publishing Co., Goetheanum, Dornach,
          > Switzerland, or even Steiner left something out? er - odd, this, isn't it?
          > hmmm......
          >
          > Sheila >>
          >
          > *******I don't understand---what do you think was left out?

          I haven't the faintest idea. I thought I read a reply from Elaine [?] in
          answer to Joel's statement that Robert Powell said Tomberg put together
          First Class, Second Class, and part of Third Class lessons before he was
          asked to leave the Anthroposophical Society or Dornach, whichever it was? I
          can find no such reference. I don't understand, either.
          Sheila

          *******Tomberg imagined he could create the Second and Third Class---but was
          such a failure at spiritual science that he went back to being a Catholic...
          and thought that was a big step forward! Rejopining the Church that put
          Steiner's books on the Index. I don't think anyone has anything to learn
          from a hanger-on to our movement like that.

          Starman
        • Lil Ole Miss
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 9, 2002
            > In a message dated 1/7/2002 7:11:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
            > lilolemiss@... writes:
            >
            > << > << hmmm - this is strange. I have some of Rudolf Steiner's books
            > published
            > > during his life time which are "Printed for Members of the School of
            > > Spiritual Science, Goetheanum, First Class..." - uh - perhaps the
            > publisher,
            > > Philosophical-Anthroposophical Publishing Co., Goetheanum, Dornach,
            > > Switzerland, or even Steiner left something out? er - odd, this, isn't
            it?
            > > hmmm......
            > >
            > > Sheila >>
            > >
            > > *******I don't understand---what do you think was left out?
            > >
            > I haven't the faintest idea. I thought I read a reply from Elaine [?] in
            > answer to Joel's statement that Robert Powell said Tomberg put together
            > First Class, Second Class, and part of Third Class lessons before he was
            > asked to leave the Anthroposophical Society or Dornach, whichever it was?
            > can find no such reference. I don't understand, either.
            > Sheila
            > >>
            > *******Tomberg imagined he could create the Second and Third Class---but
            was
            > such a failure at spiritual science that he went back to being a
            Catholic...
            > and thought that was a big step forward! Rejopining the Church that put
            > Steiner's books on the Index. I don't think anyone has anything to learn
            > from a hanger-on to our movement like that.
            >
            > Starman

            Dear DrStarman,
            Thank you for confirming my own thoughts. It's puzzling to me how some
            people base their ideas on Tomberg and Powell. I simply can't understand
            this "blindness."

            Sheila
          • Joel Wendt
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 9, 2002
              DRStarman2001@... wrote:
              > *******Tomberg imagined he could create the Second and Third Class---but was
              > such a failure at spiritual science that he went back to being a Catholic...
              > and thought that was a big step forward! Rejopining the Church that put
              > Steiner's books on the Index. I don't think anyone has anything to learn
              > from a hanger-on to our movement like that.

              Dear Dr Starman,

              This is basically pretty much erroneous. Perhaps you should do some
              research and some real "thinking" about this before making
              pronouncements.

              joel
            • Bradford Riley
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 9, 2002
                Maybe I missed something but Powell and I were at the Goetheanum together
                and I have gained a great deal from his research. Yet there may be some
                valid proof that his insights are amiss. So, his star work and Mercury Star
                Journal and Grail insights have been very, very well grounded for me. IMO. I
                met with Willi Sucher and read his works and certainly Astrosophy needed a
                champion or two and certainly some of these researchers working on Sophia
                indications have worked diligently when working out Star Wisdom. Powell's
                research on the Christ event and his work with the visionary that Brentano
                witnessed was very creative, and fine work out of the Michael School. There
                very well might be some difference between early and later works I grant
                you... What am I missing here?

                I was around when the Ramensburgers first started putting out Tomberg's
                work. A great deal of Tomberg's work is rich and profound so my question is,
                what am I missing in this picture? What part of the scoundrel school of
                Michael do you think they emerge from? Are they both false prophets? I
                would like to square myself with whatever I seem to have missed in my, well
                35 years in Anthroposophy. Sheila seems to be a good soul, Starman is a
                little thorny but has fine research, so what is the scorn we heap on those
                who have contributed to the Michael School? I certainly am willing to
                correct my false impression, if I have one.

                Bradford