Soul-Calendar, 39th Week After Easter

  • DRStarman2001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2002
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      The cycle of the year can be a meditation in itself, through which you can
      sense the Beings that are behind the changing seasons, and Rudolf Steiner
      gave out the 'Calendar of the Soul' to do this. It's 52 meditative mantras
      enabling you to consciously experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring
      within you as well as in outer Nature in the course of the year. These are
      well known to many anthroposophists; but the original Calendar published in
      1912 ALSO contained 12 Images of the Zodiac (to be meditated on to sense the
      working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day), a listing of the
      Moon's phase and position in the constellations each night (for sensing the
      'lunar' forces), and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected
      with specific days of the week. We're presenting all that here. This week's
      mantra in the original German and in translation:

      * M A N T R A # 3 9 *
      An Geistesoffenbarung hingegeben
      Gewinne ich des Weltenwesens Licht.
      Gedankenkraft, sie wächst
      Sich klärend mir mich selbst zu geben,
      Und weckend löst sich mir
      Aus Denkermacht das Selbstgefühl.

      "To Spirit-Revealing given over,
      I win the World-Essence's Light.
      Thinking's Strength, it grows
      In clarity myself to give
      And waking loosens for me
      Out of Thinking's Might Self-Feeling."

      This week's mantram:
      Last week we gave birth to a new consciousness that will grow out into
      the world all the year to come. This is the height of self-consciousness.
      This week's verse describes how, when we give ourselves over to the
      revelations coming from our inner Spirit, we gain the experiencing of the
      Light that infuses the outer world; and the power of thinking, which we do
      with the spirit, as it grows stronger gives us the feeling of ourselves as a
      reality in the world.

      **********************************
      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Capricornus
      from Jan. 5th to Feb. 8th in our era. The symbolic image of Capricorn done
      from Steiner's sketches & indications is attached to this post.

      Sunday January 6th. Moon Virgo. Epiphany, the Festival of the Appearance of
      Christ. Day of the 3 Holy Kings. Joan of Arc born 1412. Schliemann born 1822.
      Monday January 7th. Moon Libra. Lucian, the Editor-in-Chief of the Greek
      Bible text in the 3rd cent. A.D. in Antioch, who had 70 assistants.
      Tuesday January 8th. Moon Libra. Galileo died 1642.
      Wednesday January 9th. Moon Scorpius. Adrian, who brought Christianity to
      Norway in the 12th century.
      Thursday January 10th. Moon Scorpius. Linnaeus died 1778.
      Friday January 11th. Moon Sagittarius. Friedrich von Schlegel died 1829.
      Saturday January 12th. Moon Sagittarius. Gottschalk, Christian King in the
      11th century.

      Dr. Starman