Re: [anthroposophy] Theory of Knowledge question

  • Carol
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2002
      Joel said:

      > [I don't know what Steiner actually thought about this -
      > can we have
      > conceptless percepts. I do know we can have perceptless
      > concepts (such
      > as the idea of an angel, but no experience of an angel).
      > One study
      > group I was in on Theory of Knowledge had us work with
      > trying to have a
      > pure percept, but the leader only suggested this was as you
      > imagine, an
      > exercise to get us to see the "problem" so to speak.
      > Basically I think
      > we all need to just trust our own way of working this stuff
      > out, because
      > the faculty of discernment grows just as any other latent
      > talent will
      > grow. So keep up the good work, think for yourself and
      > wonder at it
      > all.]

      That helps, thanks. This sort of effort makes me think of
      those darned 'boundry experiences' which Steiner talks about
      in various places. They sound like experience which can not
      be 'had' but which must be attempted to, as you say, exercise
      your faculty of discernment.

      Carol

      http://greetings.yahoo.com