Re: [anthroposophy] TheFirst Class?

  • Joel Wendt
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 2, 2002
      elaineupton2001 wrote:

      > Why, in the 75(?) years since STeiner's death has no one developed
      > the work so that the other parts of the First Class can be completed,
      > and also progress made into the second and third classes? Or is this
      > being done?

      Dear Elaine,

      According to Robert Powell, one of the last things Tomberg did as an
      anthroposophist (before Von Zyleman's asked him to leave the Dutch
      society), was to finish the First Class lessons - the Michael School
      (they were not finished), and give the Second Class lessons - the Sophia
      School, and the Third Class lessons - the Christos School.

      What was done with this material by the small group that received it, I
      have never heard. Maybe Stephen Cosgrove has more information, you
      might try him.

      warm regards,
      joel
    • elaineupton2001
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 7, 2002
        Dear Joel (and stephen cosgrove, if you are here),

        Thanks, Joel, for your reply on the First Class. And, as you suggest,
        I will contact Stephen Cosgrove. I don't know if he/you, stephen, are
        on this list, but I know you are on another with me.

        Well, the Tomberg controversy is everywhere, even in matters of First
        Class, or even mainly in such matters?...

        Blessed New Year!
        elaine

        >((...))
        > Dear Elaine,
        >
        > According to Robert Powell, one of the last things Tomberg
        did as an
        > anthroposophist (before Von Zyleman's asked him to leave the Dutch
        > society), was to finish the First Class lessons - the Michael School
        > (they were not finished), and give the Second Class lessons - the
        Sophia
        > School, and the Third Class lessons - the Christos School.
        >
        > What was done with this material by the small group that
        received it, I
        > have never heard. Maybe Stephen Cosgrove has more information, you
        > might try him.
        >
        > warm regards,
        > joel
      • Lil Ole Miss
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 7, 2002
          hmmm - this is strange. I have some of Rudolf Steiner's books published
          during his life time which are "Printed for Members of the School of
          Spiritual Science, Goetheanum, First Class..." - uh - perhaps the publisher,
          Philosophical-Anthroposophical Publishing Co., Goetheanum, Dornach,
          Switzerland, or even Steiner left something out? er - odd, this, isn't it?
          hmmm......

          Sheila

        • DRStarman2001@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 7, 2002
            In a message dated 1/7/2002 6:19:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
            lilolemiss@... writes:

            << hmmm - this is strange. I have some of Rudolf Steiner's books published
            during his life time which are "Printed for Members of the School of
            Spiritual Science, Goetheanum, First Class..." - uh - perhaps the publisher,
            Philosophical-Anthroposophical Publishing Co., Goetheanum, Dornach,
            Switzerland, or even Steiner left something out? er - odd, this, isn't it?
            hmmm......

            Sheila >>

            *******I don't understand---what do you think was left out?
          • Lil Ole Miss
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 7, 2002
              > In a message dated 1/7/2002 6:19:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
              > lilolemiss@... writes:
              >
              > << hmmm - this is strange. I have some of Rudolf Steiner's books published
              > during his life time which are "Printed for Members of the School of
              > Spiritual Science, Goetheanum, First Class..." - uh - perhaps the
              publisher,
              > Philosophical-Anthroposophical Publishing Co., Goetheanum, Dornach,
              > Switzerland, or even Steiner left something out? er - odd, this, isn't it?
              > hmmm......
              >
              > Sheila >>
              >
              > *******I don't understand---what do you think was left out?

              I haven't the faintest idea. I thought I read a reply from Elaine [?] in
              answer to Joel's statement that Robert Powell said Tomberg put together
              First Class, Second Class, and part of Third Class lessons before he was
              asked to leave the Anthroposophical Society or Dornach, whichever it was? I
              can find no such reference. I don't understand, either.
              Sheila
            • DRStarman2001@aol.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 8, 2002
                In a message dated 1/7/2002 7:11:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                lilolemiss@... writes:

                << > << hmmm - this is strange. I have some of Rudolf Steiner's books
                published
                > during his life time which are "Printed for Members of the School of
                > Spiritual Science, Goetheanum, First Class..." - uh - perhaps the
                publisher,
                > Philosophical-Anthroposophical Publishing Co., Goetheanum, Dornach,
                > Switzerland, or even Steiner left something out? er - odd, this, isn't it?
                > hmmm......
                >
                > Sheila >>
                >
                > *******I don't understand---what do you think was left out?

                I haven't the faintest idea. I thought I read a reply from Elaine [?] in
                answer to Joel's statement that Robert Powell said Tomberg put together
                First Class, Second Class, and part of Third Class lessons before he was
                asked to leave the Anthroposophical Society or Dornach, whichever it was? I
                can find no such reference. I don't understand, either.
                Sheila

                *******Tomberg imagined he could create the Second and Third Class---but was
                such a failure at spiritual science that he went back to being a Catholic...
                and thought that was a big step forward! Rejopining the Church that put
                Steiner's books on the Index. I don't think anyone has anything to learn
                from a hanger-on to our movement like that.

                Starman
              • Lil Ole Miss
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 9, 2002
                  > In a message dated 1/7/2002 7:11:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                  > lilolemiss@... writes:
                  >
                  > << > << hmmm - this is strange. I have some of Rudolf Steiner's books
                  > published
                  > > during his life time which are "Printed for Members of the School of
                  > > Spiritual Science, Goetheanum, First Class..." - uh - perhaps the
                  > publisher,
                  > > Philosophical-Anthroposophical Publishing Co., Goetheanum, Dornach,
                  > > Switzerland, or even Steiner left something out? er - odd, this, isn't
                  it?
                  > > hmmm......
                  > >
                  > > Sheila >>
                  > >
                  > > *******I don't understand---what do you think was left out?
                  > >
                  > I haven't the faintest idea. I thought I read a reply from Elaine [?] in
                  > answer to Joel's statement that Robert Powell said Tomberg put together
                  > First Class, Second Class, and part of Third Class lessons before he was
                  > asked to leave the Anthroposophical Society or Dornach, whichever it was?
                  > can find no such reference. I don't understand, either.
                  > Sheila
                  > >>
                  > *******Tomberg imagined he could create the Second and Third Class---but
                  was
                  > such a failure at spiritual science that he went back to being a
                  Catholic...
                  > and thought that was a big step forward! Rejopining the Church that put
                  > Steiner's books on the Index. I don't think anyone has anything to learn
                  > from a hanger-on to our movement like that.
                  >
                  > Starman

                  Dear DrStarman,
                  Thank you for confirming my own thoughts. It's puzzling to me how some
                  people base their ideas on Tomberg and Powell. I simply can't understand
                  this "blindness."

                  Sheila
                • Bradford Riley
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 9, 2002
                    Maybe I missed something but Powell and I were at the Goetheanum together
                    and I have gained a great deal from his research. Yet there may be some
                    valid proof that his insights are amiss. So, his star work and Mercury Star
                    Journal and Grail insights have been very, very well grounded for me. IMO. I
                    met with Willi Sucher and read his works and certainly Astrosophy needed a
                    champion or two and certainly some of these researchers working on Sophia
                    indications have worked diligently when working out Star Wisdom. Powell's
                    research on the Christ event and his work with the visionary that Brentano
                    witnessed was very creative, and fine work out of the Michael School. There
                    very well might be some difference between early and later works I grant
                    you... What am I missing here?

                    I was around when the Ramensburgers first started putting out Tomberg's
                    work. A great deal of Tomberg's work is rich and profound so my question is,
                    what am I missing in this picture? What part of the scoundrel school of
                    Michael do you think they emerge from? Are they both false prophets? I
                    would like to square myself with whatever I seem to have missed in my, well
                    35 years in Anthroposophy. Sheila seems to be a good soul, Starman is a
                    little thorny but has fine research, so what is the scorn we heap on those
                    who have contributed to the Michael School? I certainly am willing to
                    correct my false impression, if I have one.

                    Bradford

                  • Joel Wendt
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 9, 2002
                      DRStarman2001@... wrote:
                      > *******Tomberg imagined he could create the Second and Third Class---but was
                      > such a failure at spiritual science that he went back to being a Catholic...
                      > and thought that was a big step forward! Rejopining the Church that put
                      > Steiner's books on the Index. I don't think anyone has anything to learn
                      > from a hanger-on to our movement like that.

                      Dear Dr Starman,

                      This is basically pretty much erroneous. Perhaps you should do some
                      research and some real "thinking" about this before making
                      pronouncements.

                      joel