Re: [anthroposophy] tiny question

  • DRStarman2001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 21, 2001
      lilolemiss@... writes:
      << Dear Dr. Starman,
      How right you are! You would also know how often he referred to this work,
      too, and its
      importance. When I was browsing to see if I had any information for Carol, I
      found a
      penciled in note I'd made years ago from *Awakening to Community,* and I was
      thankful
      I'd inserted it onto the fly leaf since it's so very important: "In contrast
      to passive thinking, POF stresses the active element in thinking, amphasing
      how the will enters into it and how one can become aware of one's own inner
      activity in the exercise of what I have called pure thinking. In this
      connection I showed that all purely moral impulses have their origin in this
      pure thinking. I tried to point out how the will strides into the otherwise
      passive realm of thought, stirring it awake and making the thinker inwardly
      active. Now what kind of reader approach did the POF count on? It has to
      assume a special way of reading. It expected the reader as he read to undergo
      the sort of inner experience that, in an external sense, is really just like
      waking up from sleep in the morning. The feeling one should have about it
      is..."My relation to the world in passive thought was, on a higher level,
      that of a person who lies asleep. Now I am waking up." ... "I am beginning to
      be active inwardly in my thoughts--they are a living active function."

      WOW! Now I can see how neglectful I was in not noting the page number for
      this, nor the
      lecture the following penciled note in my POF is from: "...it is yet true
      that such a book as my POF cannot be grasped by mere logic, it must be
      understood by the whole human
      being. And in point of fact you will not understand what is said in that book
      concerning
      Thinking, unless you know that in reality man experiences Thought by means of
      the inner
      knowledge and feeling of his skeleton. A man does not really think with the
      brain, he thinks with his skeleton, when he thinks in charply defined
      thoughts. And when thought becomes concrete, as is the case in the POF, then
      it passes over into the whole human body."
      This entire work is so important!
      Blessings,
      Sheila >>

      *******Well, we're going to take and read the Philosophy of Spirtual Activity
      together on the "Steiner" list here at Yahoo!groups for the 12 Holy Nights.
      Anyone is welcome to join us who feels like walking that Path. Just follow
      this link and search for the Steiner list and join.... <A
      HREF="http://login.yahoo.com/config/login?.intl=us&.src=ygrp&.done=http://grou

      ps.yahoo.com%2Fmygroups">Sign in - Yahoo! Groups</A>
      After the 12 Holy Nights we'll be reading "Theosophy" together on the
      "RudolfSteiner101" list which can also be joined from the Yahoo!groups main
      page.
      Dr. Starman