Re: [anthroposophy] Solstice/Christmas/New Year

  • DRStarman2001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2001
      lilolemiss@... writes:
      << The 12 Holy Nights are so very special for many reasons, and yes, it's my

      understanding something astrological does occur. I wonder if you've come

      across how the Earth changes its breathing, so to speak, when the Winter

      Solstice occurs. >>

      *******About Jan. 4th is the perihelion of the earth's orbit, its closest
      approach to the Sun. This is when all in breathed into the earth (in the
      Northern Hemisphere). From that point on it 'breathes out' again till it
      reaches its aphelion about the 4th of July. The Divine comes to earth in
      January---the earth reaches out to the Divine in July. About Jan. 4th was the
      old festival of the epiphany, when the Christ came into Jesus at the Baptism
      in the Jordan. Perihelion is now about the 10th Day of Christmas, the closest
      the earth draws near to the Sun, the threshold of the spiritual world.

      Starman