Jesuits, Jesuits & More Jesuits

  • 888
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 2001
      Dear Amigos,
      Try this Jesuit oath out:
      http://www.reformation.org/oath.html

      The Spiritual exercises are fine in the early stages- I have a copy myself.
      It's all about making the gospel verses come alive. There is a problem with
      the attitude of the brotherhood itself.

      Any organisation with a philosophy of "the end justifies the means" is a
      worry. In occult terms the beginning makes for the end. Any problems have to
      traced back to the beginnings.

      Here is a new book on the subject.
      The Jesuits : The Society of Jesus and the Betrayal of the Roman Catholic
      Church
      http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/14103a.htm - the Catholics themselves are
      worried about the Jesuits.

      There have been many books by Jesuits on the Roman Catholic index of banned
      books over the years.

      Eliphas Levi gives at least one example of the misuse of this power- and he
      was a Catholic.... and a Mason.

      Ignatius used as his inspiration The Imitation of Christ and Voraigne's The
      Golden Legend- two fine books.

      -Bruce
    • jeff auen
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 6, 2001
        If this is not a clear example of religious fanaticism and extremism, I don't what is.
        An amazing piece of religious history.

        Jeff
        -----