Michael Prayer

  • 888
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 1999
      I came across this prayer by Dr. Steiner today:
      -Bruce

      "Let us then set to work to discipline our will, let us endeavour to
      awaken within us each morning and each evening-

      In the Morning
      O Michael, I commend myself to thy protection
      With all the forces of my heart, I place myself
      under thy leadership, that so the day is that is
      now beginning may be indeed a picture of the
      right ordering of destiny that belongs to thy Being.

      Evening:
      I carry my sorrow into the setting Sun,
      I lay all my cares in its shining lap
      These my cares come back to me filled with
      glowing light, warmed through and through with love,
      come back to me as helping thoughts, as power to
      carry out deeds that are filled with joy of sacrifice.

      Lecture 27 November 1919