Re: [anthroposophy] Re: UFO/Astral Being Exchange part 10

  • Kees Kromme
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 4, 2001

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2001 3:58 PM
      Subject: Re: [anthroposophy] Re: UFO/Astral Being Exchange part 10

      >From: "jeff auen" <pacbay@...>
      >Subject: Re: [anthroposophy] Re: UFO/Astral Being Exchange part 10
      >Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 22:53:35 -0700

      This statement in the argument:

      Anthroposophy can be used for some paranormal interpretations but it is
      inadequate and antiquated in dealing with phenomena now happening since the
      50's.

      Bradford writes;

      There seems to be a profound inadequate comprehension of how deep the
      research is that was launched by this 20th century initiate

      k@ it would be interesting to research what Steiner said about an Ahriman School (under!the earth, GA240, 20-7-1924) and what blach magic is in his opinion. he also speaks about the undernature fenomena, about mechanical spiders made by man with high intelligence and much more..
      perhaps he said more on several items then we know, while the words he used are a bit different from the vocabulair used by the ones who think in ufo-terms.
      gretings kees
    • jeff auen
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 5, 2001
        Bradford,

        I think it is also important to be exposed to all  that our modern culture has to offer. We are told that RS read the daily paper and maybe went to films at times (?) just to keep a pulse on culture and trends. Our job of staying informed is much more demanding by sheer content and the spectrum of good and bad.

         It is very hard for some people sensitive to spiritual life to interact with "borderland science research" without jumping to conclusions or judgments (evoking vague influences of Ahriman or Lucifer is like saying, its wet in the rain but why is it raining).
         If  you mean "spiritual science" in its pure and broadest form (which is what I think RS meant not just AP) then we are in complete agreement. We do need this perspective and much more if we are to understand the strange manipulation of elemental forces and intentions of beings invisible to us - and this is only the beginning!  We would be very surprised in 50 to 100 years from now  or next time we come back to see what will be uncovered in etheric sciences.
         I also think there are great manipulating spirits inspiring the horror and sci fi genres. The shades are being drawn further and creating much fear and distortion of spiritual realities in the young. Psychedelics and diverse spiritual practices of the 60's and 70's may have been fragmenting but it at least gave us a glimpse of  spiritual and astral states. I cannot say the same of the virtual media and hard drug use now going on and the arts that produce horrific images of abuse or degradation.

        Jeff