RE: [anthroposophy] Re: UFO/Astral Being Exchange part 10

  • Talk 21
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 4, 2001
      Greetings,

      It seems to me that the purpose of this discussion list should be to empower people in a spiritual manner. Information relating to such things as UFOs are irrelevant to the empowering of anyone, unless they have been personally involved in experiencing them. Whether UFOs exist or from where they may have come seems to me to be a total waste of time to the subject of Anthroposophy.

      It would be far more profitable for us to discuss things which are likely to be within the personal experience of all members and to relate those experiences in a focused manner towards understanding the subject of Anthroposophy.

      If Steiner did refer to UFOs and other supposedly physical phenomena outside the realm of normal human experience, then we could discuss that. But only if there exists a realistic possibility of the members gaining something spiritual from the exercise.

      Otherwise, just dump the subject.

      love to all

      John Lester
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 4, 2001
        Bradford,

        Good points below. I differ only in that I stand by those who find a distinction between esoteric science, spiritual science and Anthroposophy and maybe these will never intersect. Esoteric science contains "spiritual science" (as it is used in these forums). One cannot divorce the methods and peculiarity of AP-spiritual science from Steiner's personality.  This in turn can lead one to deny or doubt any other source that speaks differently or with lesser knowledge. There are many esotericists in the world but their approaches do not coincide or match Steiner's definitions or emphasis.  He may have dug deeper than anyone else but somehow he brought back the gold shaped in a particular form that blurs the edges of esoteric science and history. My overall impression is: can one be a "spiritual scientist" without embracing AP. No. Can one be an esotericist and not an AP. Yes. The best example was Harrison- a contempary of Steiner's. He clearly "discovered" many of the same truths as an esotercist and initiate but communicated them within the broader context of European thought and the mystery schools.

        As for using AP to unravel the fantasies and mysteries - this is a hard one. I don't see much interest from AP in investigating the edge of change and the phenomena unfolding before us. AP and computers? AP and Hollywood? AP and genetic engineering? AP and the paranormal? We can theorize about what is happening but we have little to go on in terms of detail.  There is more an interest in interpreting the phenomena and I have tried to overlay AP onto some of it and its just does not work. The Devil/Satan issue is a case in point. On one hand "they" are hindering us and on the other they are helping us. But what is really going on in the pits and bowels of degeneration around the world today as in the case of sexual abuse and exploitation, dark magical practices, sadism, etc. Where is this really coming from? Is it Ahriman exclusively?I don't know and do not think so..

        Jeff
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 4, 2001
          lifemaster@... writes:
          >>>It seems to me that the purpose of this discussion list should be to
          empower

          people in a spiritual manner. Information relating to such things as UFOs

          are irrelevant to the empowering of anyone, unless they have been personally

          involved in experiencing them. Whether UFOs exist or from where they may

          have come seems to me to be a total waste of time to the subject of

          Anthroposophy.

          It would be far more profitable for us to discuss things which are likely to

          be within the personal experience of all members and to relate those

          experiences in a focused manner towards understanding the subject of

          Anthroposophy.<<<

          *******I have personal experience of UFOs and of elementals, and I'm sure
          many others here have, as well.
          But if you have other things that you think are better to discuss, go
          ahead and post them and see if others agree with you.

          *******"Spiritual" and "physical" as defined by whom?

          >>>Otherwise, just dump the subject. >>

          *******It seems to me orders are given to employees, not people on an open
          discussion list. Anthroposophy can be applied to the understanding of such
          diverse modern phenomena as UFOs, astrology, serial killers with no apparent
          conscience, and the earier age of puberty in children. If you see one of
          these in a subject line and are not interested in it, you don't have to read
          it. That seems a better way of dealing with your likes and dislikes than
          telling everyone else what they should say.

          Starman
        • Kees Kromme
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 4, 2001

            Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2001 3:58 PM

            >From: "jeff auen" <pacbay@...>
            >Subject: Re: [anthroposophy] Re: UFO/Astral Being Exchange part 10
            >Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 22:53:35 -0700

            This statement in the argument:

            Anthroposophy can be used for some paranormal interpretations but it is
            inadequate and antiquated in dealing with phenomena now happening since the
            50's.

            Bradford writes;

            There seems to be a profound inadequate comprehension of how deep the
            research is that was launched by this 20th century initiate

            k@ it would be interesting to research what Steiner said about an Ahriman School (under!the earth, GA240, 20-7-1924) and what blach magic is in his opinion. he also speaks about the undernature fenomena, about mechanical spiders made by man with high intelligence and much more..
            perhaps he said more on several items then we know, while the words he used are a bit different from the vocabulair used by the ones who think in ufo-terms.
            gretings kees
          • Bradford Riley
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 4, 2001

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 4, 2001
                Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 10:22:21 -0700

                Jeff writes;

                He may have dug deeper than anyone else but somehow he brought back the gold
                shaped in a particular form that blurs the edges of esoteric science and
                history. My overall impression is: can one be a "spiritual scientist"
                without embracing AP.

                Bradford writes;

                Now Jeff, I have meet a 65% squeamish thinkers in AP. I think Spiritual
                Science clears the soul easier than calling into question Steiner against
                the social factors of what the AP has become. The social mess that exists in
                some of the AP cannot shame the work of Steiner.

                But, as to how to enter into X-files and Rod Serling and Aliens; as an
                American you have had to have interest in current culture. Many of the
                squeamish dislike and cannot digest the forces we are in, in culture today.
                It makes them very nervous and ill. Electro magnetic America in Toby Hoppers
                Poltergeist and the ancient overlays of the Demeter and Persephone myths as
                well as the X-files probing in psychology and biology and including Stephen
                King in The Green Mile and many of his other works... have clear concept
                studies that bring us back to the forerunner of this research in the
                twentieth century Harrison and Steiner and others of course. I have some of
                Harrisons work and Steiner fully respected him, including the eighth sphere
                research which enters into the real threat of the what the Matrix film
                outlines. These are real fairy tales for the twentieth century. I mean that
                in the best possible way.

                Recently I asked another list what Rubidium an alloy of Gold had to do with
                recent scientific experiments to fully stop Light. Light that travels at
                186,000 miles a second, stopped cold. So they say. Except for the light
                that Angels and Humans use in their thinking, which is faster. No answer
                from the Squeam brigade?

                I asked about the Blue Gene project where flesh, tissue is being folded and
                from computer Pedaflops. Steiner talked of this future technology in Man as
                Symphony when he spoke of the harmonics and vibratory fields of the cow.
                Tesla could have offered the whole of technology at no cost were it not for
                J.P. Morgan and stupid Edison.

                Now we have something that is hijacking elmental forces out of the cosmic
                system.. but to think it through is where we need Spiritual Science. Light
                and Tissue is really Body and Blood, (This is my body, and this is my blood)
                to have emancipated forces and elemental beings into current technology
                enough to make human forms from decayed chemical ether light, through
                electricity and magnetism and begin a new flesh code on earth and to
                misunderstand and emancipate the force of conscience and Light from the
                human being in our current understanding of Fission is to fall into the trap
                of imagining that the Christ event is not a scientific fact as well as a
                historical one.

                Maybe you need to read The Angels Work in the Astral body and Man as
                Symphony to get a glimpse of just how much Steiner could afford to say. You
                forget that by just saying that you could get rid of rabbits by burning them
                and sprinkling the ashes around a farm so that the astral body of the
                rabbits or vermin would be repelled, could leap to the vision in Schindlers
                List. Maybe Steiner and Harrison and many others couldn't spell the whole
                thing out at times; but we are living it now.

              • jeff auen
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 5, 2001
                  Bradford,

                  I think it is also important to be exposed to all  that our modern culture has to offer. We are told that RS read the daily paper and maybe went to films at times (?) just to keep a pulse on culture and trends. Our job of staying informed is much more demanding by sheer content and the spectrum of good and bad.

                   It is very hard for some people sensitive to spiritual life to interact with "borderland science research" without jumping to conclusions or judgments (evoking vague influences of Ahriman or Lucifer is like saying, its wet in the rain but why is it raining).
                   If  you mean "spiritual science" in its pure and broadest form (which is what I think RS meant not just AP) then we are in complete agreement. We do need this perspective and much more if we are to understand the strange manipulation of elemental forces and intentions of beings invisible to us - and this is only the beginning!  We would be very surprised in 50 to 100 years from now  or next time we come back to see what will be uncovered in etheric sciences.
                   I also think there are great manipulating spirits inspiring the horror and sci fi genres. The shades are being drawn further and creating much fear and distortion of spiritual realities in the young. Psychedelics and diverse spiritual practices of the 60's and 70's may have been fragmenting but it at least gave us a glimpse of  spiritual and astral states. I cannot say the same of the virtual media and hard drug use now going on and the arts that produce horrific images of abuse or degradation.

                  Jeff